Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2005, 11:40 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

i had a ? you guy that live in the snow belt do you tow your toy house in the snow? What about sway control, brakes setting ?

Old 01-08-2005, 03:50 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Originally posted by: OneFlyCowboy
Holycrap. i dunno about a crotch rocket motor in a lil crf 50 frame. according to our laws the wheel base has to be a minimum of 3.5' and headlight 34" or sompin
I was talking about a rice burner in a quad frame. LOL. A crotch rocket motor would twist a CRF50 frame....let alone probably actually being bigger than the frame.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 01-08-2005, 04:22 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: OneFlyCowboy
MD sometimes you can be a dry turd [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I will have to be an outlaw.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 01-08-2005, 04:26 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: Trasher
Originally posted by: rescuediver
Creator, Speaking of Boxer[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] here's what I had posted in another thread about Boxer. "

We shouldn't bad mouth Ms. Boxer. She's going to be the next VP of the USA, next to Hillary the Pres. If that happens maybe the Great white north won't look too bad afterall...............
Don't even go there[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] That is just WRONG[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] We mind as well all get castrated and wear fluffy slippers with pink bunnies on them.

Old 01-08-2005, 04:31 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarriorIE is a bigger turd than a GM 6.2 Diesel from the 80s.

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT WILLIS (SKINNER)[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarriorDownload and install Firefox from mozilla.org. You won't look back. It's like getting rid of an old girlfriend. You're better off without her.

I also highly recommend Firefox from mozilla.org. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] We've been using it as our browser and love it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-08-2005, 04:32 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: mstrquad
cheesewiz bread rocks come on out on the 22 and find out.
Text
I'm there[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Haven't been to Carnegie since early 90's. It still has too many atv wrecks for my liking[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 01-08-2005, 07:56 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Originally posted by: rescuediver
I'm there[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Sweet. I better bring a lot of bread.... Might end up with a pretty good sized group out there.

It still has too many atv wrecks for my liking[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Please don't remind me. That's why I've stayed away.

Well looks like the weather is going to take a break after this series of storms. Hopefully get a chance to ride next Sunday. Saturday I have a meeting to go to. Snow level is 5500' though. Eek. That's not good. Supposed to drop starting tomorrow though. Whew.

Snow level above 5500' this time of year is bad. Melts the snow up there and it comes rushing down the hills (ie. January 1997). The people living in the river bottom got upset at the Bureau of Reclamation cause they didn't notify them that they opened the flood gates at the lake (Millerton). Well...the fact that the water flow BENT the gates I think calling people who chose to live IN a river was the last thing on their mind. Morons. Should have let em drown.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 01-09-2005, 12:01 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior

Please don't remind me. That's why I've stayed away.

Well looks like the weather is going to take a break after this series of storms. Hopefully get a chance to ride next Sunday. Saturday I have a meeting to go to. Snow level is 5500' though. Eek. That's not good. Supposed to drop starting tomorrow though. Whew.

Snow level above 5500' this time of year is bad. Melts the snow up there and it comes rushing down the hills (ie. January 1997). The people living in the river bottom got upset at the Bureau of Reclamation cause they didn't notify them that they opened the flood gates at the lake (Millerton). Well...the fact that the water flow BENT the gates I think calling people who chose to live IN a river was the last thing on their mind. Morons. Should have let em drown.
I know. Majority of them are traveling to fast for conditions, ie. hills and turns[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Oh yea, I remember those storms[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Man, we were on duty like 12 days straight, patrol the rivers and levees for boils. Made some good money[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Got recognized by the federal government and state government for our efforts[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Wife has pictures of the water going over the flood gates at Don Pedro reservoir[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Friend's house was on 60 minutes when he built a wall around his home to save it. One river was going over 80,000 cfs. At first, I was up at Tule Lake (Ca/Oregon) border duck hunting. Work called me back. What I saw on the way back was amazing. But, the magnitude of what occurred didn't hit me until I saw how things were in my "own backyard"

And this storm has the making to do the same thing. A lot of low snow, then, a storm with just rain to wash it down hill into the valley.

Old 01-09-2005, 02:31 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

cough...gasp...choke..gag...., oops, i was just replaying the Seahawks and Chargers games today. west-coast syndrome??? wow, between 5 of us, tix, travel, parking, i bet we blew $1,000. whadda waste of $$. oh well, had a lot of fun at the no alcohol allowed tailgate party (IS Seattle the No-Fun capital of the US Festus?????)

Old 01-09-2005, 02:33 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: mstrquad
i had a ? you guy that live in the snow belt do you tow your toy house in the snow? What about sway control, brakes setting ?
i never tow my trailer in the snow. i use an equalizer (weight distribution)hitch, + electric brake controller. i set my level , then adjust gain. it's usually around the 12 o'clock position. no sway controls, never needed them.

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel