Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2005, 08:17 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 48 Likes on 47 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: Trasher
I used to own a automotive garage for about 6 yrs with a smog station & license. The very best thing you can do to about every vehicle before having it tested is to run it down the road hard for a while and get the cat good and hot. Then, slam it on the machine and test it. It really helps. We would get someone in a vehicle like a Nissan Pathfinder fer example. Those would never pass the first time. So I would tell them to drive the heck out of it and I would test it right afterwards. Worked everytime[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
This is one of my tricks too. It worked for the '96 chevy lumina w/222K on the odo and the '91 626 w/192K on the odo but the '88 ford w/101K on the odo didnt go for it. Whats amazing to me is the chevy and the mazda are stock and the ford has aftermarket ignition,headers, K&N, free flow exhaust and it struggled for the first time since I got it in '93.

Old 09-14-2005, 08:20 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 48 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally posted by: confusedbuyer
well, we had an offer we accepted on our house last week. subjects were supposed to come off today. we got royaly yanked around and the thing collapsed tonight (we think). thank goodness we had a back up offer for more. now we just gotta wait for those subjects to clear by this sunday. sure do hope this one goes thru. i got a better feeling about this one tho. i'll explain more when the dust settles.
confused I feel for you guy, Im convinced that refinancing/buying/selling a home is the biggest test a marriage will ever go thru. Ive only bought one house and re-fied it once and it amazed me how annoying the whole process was.

Old 09-14-2005, 01:03 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
Confused, hopefully this one works for you. Had a neighbor who had a house, car, etc. waiting for him OK City, OK and he kept having offers fall through on his house here. Finally someone bought it for a rental. His wife had already moved with the youngster back to OKC. He paid less in OKC for a nicer house on like 40 acres w/ a 40 acre option on the adjacent property than what he did for his house here.
thanks skinner, hope yer right. we do have the luxury of a better back up offer, and another guy who now wants to put in a back up offer on that one. and a 3rd guy who's anxious for everything to fall apart so he can buy it (but doesn't wanna step up and make an offer now).
offer them a free quad trip if they purchase it today. Gotta use some sort of closing tool[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Good luck with one of these[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-14-2005, 01:06 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: mywifesquad
well, we had an offer we accepted on our house last week. subjects were supposed to come off today. we got royaly yanked around and the thing collapsed tonight (we think). thank goodness we had a back up offer for more. now we just gotta wait for those subjects to clear by this sunday. sure do hope this one goes thru. i got a better feeling about this one tho. i'll explain more when the dust settles.
confused I feel for you guy, Im convinced that refinancing/buying/selling a home is the biggest test a marriage will ever go thru. Ive only bought one house and re-fied it once and it amazed me how annoying the whole process was.
Last year, I purchased a rental home in AZ and my wife and kids haven't even seen it yet[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] They don't care as long as the rent check keeps coming and it good to cash[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-14-2005, 01:09 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: powerstroke01
Oil line to the turbo?
Could be. Its so friggen crowded under there that its hard to get a good look and find where its comming from. Ill take a better look in the morning.
I don't see how they got the turbo in/out w/o taking the motor out. That's freaking TIGHT. I guess if you do them everyday, all day, you probably learn some tricks.
ford allows a whack of time to re & re a turbo. my diesel mechanic buddy (who passed away last year), could do it in about 1/2 an hour. maybe that was EACH way...whatever it was, he made great $$ off that job on the flat-rate system.

There are tricks to every job out there. I won a $50.00 bet years ago from my service manager. I bet him I could have the injection pump pulled out and stripped down in 10 minutes, coming out of a Buick 350 oil burner. He bit and I did it a a little over 9 minutes
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 09-14-2005, 03:13 PM
Pro Rider

Howdy gang!

Confused, I hope you sell your house.

Old 09-14-2005, 03:29 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks guys. i never felt good about the first offer going thru (after i spoke with the purchasers). i do feel good that this second one will clear without a hitch tho. we'll know by Sunday at the latest.... hopefully sooner.

Old 09-14-2005, 08:16 PM
Quad Patrol

LOL! I find it funny you refer to the buyers as subjects[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Thought I only did that[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Pray everything works out for you[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-14-2005, 08:18 PM
Quad Patrol

Confused, hopefully this one works for you. Had a neighbor who had a house, car, etc. waiting for him OK City, OK and he kept having offers fall through on his house here. Finally someone bought it for a rental. His wife had already moved with the youngster back to OKC. He paid less in OKC for a nicer house on like 40 acres w/ a 40 acre option on the adjacent property than what he did for his house here.
If he sold at the right time[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] He should of paid cash for all that land back there.

Old 09-14-2005, 08:23 PM
Quad Patrol

thanks skinner, hope yer right. we do have the luxury of a better back up offer, and another guy who now wants to put in a back up offer on that one. and a 3rd guy who's anxious for everything to fall apart so he can buy it (but doesn't wanna step up and make an offer now).
Sounds like he wants to see why they are falling through[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] and maybe give you a low ball offer[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

There's a house down the street from us. The guy (a doctor) has it priced rediculously high. He had one offer on it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] that fell through because the house didn't appraise high enough and the prospective buyers didn't have any money down.

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel