Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Time For A New Truck...Suggestions Anyone

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 08:08 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Time For A New Truck...Suggestions Anyone

Howdy yall,

This is turning be a expensive year with two new quads already and now needing a truck. But hey the good news I get to by another toy. My F-150 Just called it quits at 340K , so naturlly I was very pleased with it. I am just wondering if anyone has feedback on how their "newer" trucks have faired. I don't have much exsperance with a Tundra or a Titan so I am curious how they compare to the Ford, Chevy, Dodge. I am Kinda up in them air because I like the ole idea that a American truck takes a lickin and keeps on tickin image. But just kinda nervious about buying a truck from a verge of chapter 11 company. I'm not so conserned with what has more horsepower than what. Just want somthing that will hold up to being worked and having the hell beat out of it on a daily basis.

Old 12-08-2008, 08:11 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

Well my advice is self explanitory [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] if wait another 6 mo there will be a Cummins diesel 1/2 tons comming soon!

Old 12-08-2008, 08:43 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've always been a ford truck guy. I bought a new titan in 05. It had great power and was very reliable. I sold it last year and bought a new tundra with the 5.7. I like it so much I sold my cummins diesel as I hated driving it after the toyota. It is so comfortable and has a ton of power. It tows 10,800 lbs which is plenty for me since I sold my living quarters horse trailer. My only complaint is the fuel mileage sucks, but atleast the price of fuel has gone down to $1.75 today! BTW, it is made in America, if that helps! But if a 1/2 ton is enough, it would be hard to pass up a new dodge for the price. They just give them away! LOL! Probly why they are in the financial condition they are in and toyota is still profitable! LOL!

Old 12-08-2008, 09:00 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: firehog

I've always been a ford truck guy. I bought a new titan in 05. It had great power and was very reliable. I sold it last year and bought a new tundra with the 5.7. I like it so much I sold my cummins diesel as I hated driving it after the toyota. It is so comfortable and has a ton of power. It tows 10,800 lbs which is plenty for me since I sold my living quarters horse trailer. My only complaint is the fuel mileage sucks, but atleast the price of fuel has gone down to $1.75 today! BTW, it is made in America, if that helps! But if a 1/2 ton is enough, it would be hard to pass up a new dodge for the price. They just give them away! LOL! Probly why they are in the financial condition they are in and toyota is still profitable! LOL!</end quote></div>

LOL last time I checked http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2.../november-2008-t.html Toyota sales sucked just as much and there rebates are just as good if you compare 09 to 09! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Just sayin!

Old 12-08-2008, 10:51 PM
Pro Rider

buy a ford, chevy, or dodge and help out america man [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-08-2008, 10:58 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL last time I checked http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2.../november-2008-t.html Toyota sales sucked just as much and there rebates are just as good if you compare 09 to 09! [IMG][/IMG] Just sayin!</end quote></div>

Never said toyota was top seller, just have a better business structure, which is why they are profitable and don't need a bailout. But, don't want to get into the whole debate over that! LOL!

Beerseason was asking how the tundra or titan compare to the big three and I have owned all of them. But, if I had a ford f150 that made it 340k miles, I would stick with it....that's a lot of miles!

Old 12-08-2008, 11:39 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: firehog

LOL last time I checked http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2.../november-2008-t.html Toyota sales sucked just as much and there rebates are just as good if you compare 09 to 09! [IMG][/IMG] Just sayin!</end quote></div>

Never said toyota was top seller, just have a better business structure, which is why they are profitable and don't need a bailout. But, don't want to get into the whole debate over that! LOL!

Beerseason was asking how the tundra or titan compare to the big three and I have owned all of them. But, if I had a ford f150 that made it 340k miles, I would stick with it....that's a lot of miles!</end quote></div>

Oh there would be nothing to debate as its like trying to debate your fav color. The fact still stands that no MFG is doing well right now even Toyota!

Old 12-09-2008, 12:02 AM
Pro Rider

There are lots of good trucks out there now. It depends on what you're looking for, and what your budget is.

This one is a wee bit above my budget, but its so friggin badass that its worth a look, LOL. Off Road Masterpiece

The new for 2010 Ford F150 Raptor is vaguely similar, and only 1/10th the price. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

The Dodge Power Wagon model has some incredible features, and I'm sure ten years from now we are going to have a hard time believing they even made a truck like this for us. It is definitely worth looking at.

Even the regular Dodge trucks are really improved this year. The big Hemi is up to 390 HP. The styling of the new Ram makes it the best looking truck on the road. And there are some incredible deals on left over 2008 Dodge trucks (half off MSRP).

Our 2007 GMC Duramax is a great work truck, and tows better than anything I've ever owned. It is our third Duramax, with a grand total of zero problems out of all three trucks combined.

All of the big three make good trucks. That is one thing they have learned how to do very well. Too bad they never figured out how to make cheap economical cars that were selling well for the last six months.

Attitudes like the starter of this topic are why Detroit is doomed. ie ... "I've gotten 300000 reliable miles out of my American vehicle, so I'm looking at Toyota or Nissan for my next vehicle" As long as the "perception" exist that the foreign makes are better, Detroit's slow slide into bankruptcy will continue.

DesertViper

Old 12-09-2008, 12:51 AM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: 450kodman

buy a ford, chevy, or dodge and help out america man [img][/img]</end quote></div>

I'll second that. Plus what DV said. The false perception is more powerful than the truth. After the Buick LeSabre won awards for being the best quality in the whole world, the factory closed because some people still thought Toyota and other imports were better than American cars. When the Buick City plant closed 28,000 people who worked there were out of a job and so were tens of thousands of other people who worked where those people spent their money. 35,000 people, 22% of the entire population, moved out of the city. Several schools and parks closed and many businesses failed. There's not enough tax revenue to fix the crumbling infrastructure. A lot of stores closed or were replaced by dollar stores, and even the dollar stores are going out of business because a lot of people don't have a spare dollar to spend there. Auto plant closings affect a lot more people than the auto workers. 1 out of 10 jobs in America depends either directly or indirectly to the auto industry. If we all buy foreign cars we're helping turn the US into a third world nation.

Old 12-09-2008, 12:51 AM
Pro Rider

im a chevy man, but i have to say im likeing ford at the moment. i picked up an auto mag the weekend. the cover was all the new F-150's looks wise they are pretty good, look alot like the 250's. i am most impressed with Ford, and american auto industry in general, for FINNALY going to a SOHC engine! its about time cuz for over 15 years foreign cars and trucks have had them. SOHC is a stupidly easy way to boost hoursepower and efficency in engines, plus less wear.

Ford has finally put its raceing spirit to good use, since they hace been using and developing modjular engines fro mustangs for years. you have 2 options on 4.6liter engines 2valve 248hp
4.6 3valve 292hp
3valve 5.4liter, 310hp

all are about 14/20mpg

but if you want some ***** to the wall power, get a tundra with the 5.7! all aluminum block+ heads, and kick a$$ 381hp! or the 4.7 is a great compromise between hp and fuel economy, still more hp than a 5.4 ford. good to know that the 5.7 is the old chevy 350, chevy sold rights to toyota, and they turned it into a modjular engine. 350's always lasted a long long time back in the day.

chevy is getting better with fuel economy too, but still no development with SOHC engines in trucks, but the 5.3 now has 310hp. all they did was change cams and take out themotor driven fan. but relyable as ever.

sorry for the long post, im constantly researching new trucks.
if you have prefrence on model, wait another month and see which company is giveinf the best rebates/financeing deals!

Quick Reply: Time For A New Truck...Suggestions Anyone