Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Truck. How bout yours?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2018, 10:29 PM
Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by jumbofrank
My truck still has really low miles for its age, so most of my problems are from time, not miles. Like when the one brake line rusted through last year or whenever it was.

Today on my way home I had less than 1/2 mile to go when I hit a pothole so hard the battery symbol on the dash lit up and the engine died. I had a bad enough day already and started cursing out loud, wondering what the Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word is it now. As I coasted down this side street I put it in neutral, started it back up, put it back in gear and kept on truckin'. The weight of my other keys may have pulled the key out a tiny bit or turned the switch just a hair, I'm not not sure what exactly. I've hit potholes so hard before that CDs didn't just skip, they quit playing altogether and the display may as well have said WTF???, but this was a new experience.
Is your battery strapped down? Had this happen in my worktruck. Hit a bump so hard, it bounced the battery, and grounded out on the hood, shutting the truck off. Kind of scary.
Had no idea what happened until I was under the hood for something else, and saw a big burnt spot on the underside of the hood, right above where the battery sits.

Old 06-24-2018, 11:56 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Specta
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuxtYILkTfE

Glad your CD player didn't die. They are necessities for every vehicle.

I have a DVD receiver, so my son-in-law tells me and I like it.

8 speakers, two amps and a "custom" sub-woofer and enclosure designed for regular cab pickups.

It makes traveling a lot more enjoyable for sure.
I just have a regular factory stereo. That may be why it hasn't been stolen. Theftlock might be a deterrent too. I would hate to go without the CD player for even a day's drive. It used to take me 15 minutes or so to get to work, and it seems like all the radio stations I listened to picked that time to play commercials for 5 minutes straight or longer. I finally quit listening to the radio and played my CDs all the time. I have another handful of them in the truck ready to play.

Old 06-24-2018, 11:58 PM
Moto Psycho

Originally Posted by Powerranger262
Is your battery strapped down? Had this happen in my worktruck. Hit a bump so hard, it bounced the battery, and grounded out on the hood, shutting the truck off. Kind of scary.
Had no idea what happened until I was under the hood for something else, and saw a big burnt spot on the underside of the hood, right above where the battery sits.
I haven't checked it but I think I better. It's about time to add some windshield washer fluid so I'll take a look when I do. There's no use waiting for the message center to tell me it's low.

Old 06-25-2018, 01:19 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a cd player I think I've used once or twice. I have a vivid imagination so I can entertain myself.

Old 06-25-2018, 08:56 AM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DeeDawg
I have a vivid imagination so I can entertain myself.

Old 06-25-2018, 12:24 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by DeeDawg
I have a cd player I think I've used once or twice. I have a vivid imagination so I can entertain myself.
I'll take, "Places I don't want to go, for $300, Alex."

Old 06-25-2018, 12:48 PM
Moto Psycho

"I have a vivid imagination so I can entertain myself." = "I have conversations with the voices in my head. They won't let me listen to the music, so I leave it off."

Old 06-25-2018, 01:40 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jumbofrank
"I have a vivid imagination so I can entertain myself." = "I have conversations with the voices in my head. They won't let me listen to the music, so I leave it off."

Oh I can turn music on, and generally have a radio or tv on for back ground noise. I just find all the voices in my head more entertaining than what ever come out through the speakers.

Old 06-25-2018, 02:40 PM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
I'll take, "Places I don't want to go, for $300, Alex."

Old 06-25-2018, 09:39 PM
Moto Psycho

Originally Posted by Powerranger262
I took a look today. My battery is clamped down at the bottom. It's hard to see where, but I grabbed it and tried rocking it back and forth. It's not going anywhere. Even if it came loose there's a metal brace above it that goes diagonally from the fender to the front end. I think I checked all the fluids except the power steering fluid. I remembered that while I was watching TV and it was dark out when the show ended. Maybe I'll check it another day. I think my problem was something with the ignition switch and maybe too many keys.

Quick Reply: My Truck. How bout yours?