Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

ATV anti theft device

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2003, 07:30 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ATV anti theft device

man i wish i had your resouces! Mine is limited to cables, padlocks, and frighteneing firearms.
doesnt sound like youll have a problem! good for you!!!

Old 06-18-2003, 10:32 AM
Weekend Warrior

hey shot gun. do you have a schedule for when and where the atv pulls will be. do you ever have them close to newjersey

Old 06-18-2003, 11:41 AM
Pro Rider

pineypower;

Sorry, we hold our own pulls here in Maine, but we travel around pulling, I would like to come to New Jersey to pull, if you have them.

Old 06-18-2003, 02:28 PM
Weekend Warrior

I'm glad i don't have to go through all that to keep my bikes safe. I can leave mine set out under the carport for days on end.

Old 06-19-2003, 01:10 AM
Range Rover

I just leave a bunch of junk laying around the garage and at night they will trip over alot of stuff just to get to my quads. When I want to ride I just clean up, lol! They actually found a barn with 6 quads in it not far from where I live and all were stolen from the area. Needless to say the people involved are in prison now. I HATE QUAD THIEVES!!!!!! I do secure my quads with a chain and lock or just remove a tire if I'm going away for an extended time.

Old 06-19-2003, 01:30 AM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would have to agree with coyotechaser, lights and locks are the best theft deterrents. Thieves and petty burglars look for dark places to commit their crimes, they hate lights

Old 06-19-2003, 01:45 AM
Trailblazer

Has anyone came up with a way to keep a thief from unscrewing the nut off of the ball on the hitch. I have the shotgun w/ the double 00 buckshot and a Alaskan Malamute (the dog would probably bite me and let the thiefs in). Also I has anyone made a shift lock or a steering lock??

Old 06-19-2003, 03:28 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

TeddyTwoFire, You could use a universal ball mount with 2 or 3 *****. No nuts to unscrew. Along with a receiver lock.
There is a steering lock for quads. One side mounts to the end of the handle bars on a chain. The chain goes across the front and locks to the rack.

(I tried to post a similar reply but it didn't go through correctly. So if there is two after I click on this "Reply to Thread" button. I didn't think the first one posted correctly.)

Old 06-19-2003, 12:57 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

The steering lock is called the Fahgettaboudit by Kryptonite. It seems like the weakest points would be where it attaches to the handle bar (not really sure how it attaches), attach point on rack (could rack be cut or removed) and the padlock (could be cut off). But it should slow a thief down.

Alot of people have tools in their garages. So once the thief is in the garage they could use your own tools against you.

Old 06-19-2003, 07:38 PM
Pro Rider

My grizzly says in a barn with a light over the door...When i am going to be gone for long i take my tractor and put the front end loader on over the handlebars.....with the tractor behind the rear wheels.

Quick Reply: ATV anti theft device