Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

PLOW ?¿?¿?¿?¿

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2003, 08:51 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PLOW ?¿?¿?¿?¿

I was wonderin, on average, how much snow can you push with your ATV? I know it depends on the ATV, snow weather it is fluffy or wet, etc.

So, anyone who plows with there ATV can u please replie wat ATV u have, what plow is on it, and what is the most snow you pushed with it.

THANKS

Old 07-12-2003, 10:58 PM
Pro Rider
Default PLOW ?¿?¿?¿?¿

Ill push anything that mother nature throws at me with my 300....Rob

Old 07-13-2003, 10:31 PM
Trailblazer
Default PLOW ?¿?¿?¿?¿

anyone else... with more information please

Old 07-13-2003, 11:01 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default PLOW ?¿?¿?¿?¿

I have an kawi bayou 300 4x4 with a homemade plow (Hotwater tank shell). I can usually plow through 2 feet of dry for a distance of around 200 feet (plow is angles to throw the snow to the side of the bike). If the snow is really wet I can only plow around 8-9 inches. Most of the time I am plowing 4-5 feet snow banks so I usually dig a path through it first then scrap at the sides until the driveway is dug. If I had a well made plow or factory one, I could most likely plow more snow.

Old 07-14-2003, 08:59 AM
Pro Rider
Default PLOW ?¿?¿?¿?¿

I have a 4ft blade and it will plow what ever I try to. I've seen many time the snow rolling over the top of the blade. Unless its really heavy it is easily pushed. I don't know how much usually falls in your area but 2 feet of snow is nothing (unless very wet).

I have my Kimpex plow hooked to a 02 Kodiak.

Old 07-14-2003, 02:39 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default PLOW ?¿?¿?¿?¿

There are some utility wheelers you shouldnt buy a plow for. My friend had a Yamaha utility and he bought a plow for it. Within three years he went through two transmissions because of plowing snow. So before you buy a plow make sure your wheeler can handle plowing.

Old 07-14-2003, 04:04 PM
Trailblazer
Default PLOW ?¿?¿?¿?¿

Have a Honda 450ES with Cycle Country 52" State plow. I have plowed 12-14" in one shot with ease in last years blizzard. Only problem I've seen is if you wanted to plow at higher speeds(like15mph or more) the plow lifted off of the pavement. The reason I wanted to plow at a faster rate was to throw the snow further.

Trending Topics

Old 07-16-2003, 04:01 AM
Trailblazer
Default PLOW ?¿?¿?¿?¿

OK plow gurus. Which is better a straight plow or a “state” plow? What are the advantages of one over the other? How about the “V” types? I will be plowing a LONG lane and large driveway next year and would be grateful for any plow advice. Some of the drifts in that area can get pretty deep, as in several feet, not including what the road plow leaves in the lane outlet. Most snows are under a foot but sometimes we can get much more than that. The wind blown drifts are my biggest worry. Would a set of v-bar chains be a good investment? I’ll most likely be pushing with a 2004 Yamaha Grizzly 660.

Old 07-16-2003, 12:22 PM
Trailblazer
Default PLOW ?¿?¿?¿?¿

i am giveing advice about the plows (straight, state, etc.) because my dad's bussiness has plowing contracts at 4 different malls.

when u say "large driveway" i am guessing u mean wider then 1 lane...

In that case you would be at a real disadvantage with a "v" plow because you will just be putting the snow right back next to you, and really only be able to use half the plow. the "v" plows are put on trains when it snows cause they just need there little path cleared.

the state plow would be ok for it, especcially when the snow gets high but be carefull if you are working close to a house (windows) cause the snow will fly with the state plow...

but since you said the snow rearly gets over 1 foot the straight plow would be the best. it would be good because you can tilt the blade, and 60 inch should be fine, if u are usein the grizzly. one more advantage is that it is cheaper then the state.

hope this helps

Old 07-21-2003, 10:28 PM
Pro Rider
Default PLOW ?¿?¿?¿?¿

last winter was a nasty one in NY and I plowed thru every storm with out any problems.I have an Arctic Cat 400i w/a 60" warn plow(straight blade).Hope this helps.

Quick Reply: PLOW ?¿?¿?¿?¿