Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

OT: Off Roading With A Hummer

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2003, 02:31 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OT: Off Roading With A Hummer

The H2 has nothing on the H! "civilian humvee" But, it is a capable moderate off roader in its own right. It has like 5 or 6 different 4wd modes. I would still pick a Jeep Rubicon over it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] One of my local car dealerships had 2 military humvees for sale a while back. Bare bones 4wd off roading machine. They both had under 50K miles and they were going for around 15k a piece. I have also seen them for sale in the auto trader. Keep in mind, the military humvee is even more capable than the civilian H1 cuz it has the engine intake and exhaust located higer than on the H1 so they can go through a lot deeper water. Plus, there are no radios or GPS or heated bum warmers or leather seats to ruin.

Old 08-16-2003, 06:40 AM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: BigBadScrambler
One of my local car dealerships had 2 military humvees for sale a while back. Bare bones 4wd off roading machine. They both had under 50K miles and they were going for around 15k a piece. I have also seen them for sale in the auto trader.
Now that would be pretty reasonable and be something actually useful. I don’t care how wealthy you might be, it has to feel just awful when brush and tree limbs rake down the side of your 80 or 100 thousand dollar vehicle and scratch the heck out of the paint. A barebones utility Hummer would be great for around the farm.

Old 08-17-2003, 12:00 AM
Range Rover

Why dont you just call it a Hummer H1 or just a H1? It dont really matter.

Old 08-17-2003, 12:26 AM
Elite Pro Rider

I've also seen pictures of people using H1's for different uses such as police vehical, fire rescue, utility (phone line ect) vehicals, LIMOS!!!, and SO many other uses.

Old 08-17-2003, 03:05 PM
Pro Rider

No matter what I'll stick with my Jeeps imo they always have been and always will be the best for ALL offroad adventures.

Old 08-17-2003, 03:49 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Well yeah, you can modify almost any 4x4 to out do a hummer, but stock vs stock, there isn't anything that will compare to an H1, of course it will cost you around 100 grand for one. With that you can have 2 fully tricked out jeeps. I still think that a lifted tricked out jeep looks cooler than an H1 though. but hey, thats just my opinion

Old 08-17-2003, 10:12 PM
Pro Rider

Just a thought has anyone tried to take a H-1 down a tight trail.The H-1 might out do a Jeep in the wide open but on narrow woodsy type trails it can't follow a jeep.I have even taken my TJ on atv trails.Those are places a Hummer H-1 or 2 can't go.

Old 08-17-2003, 11:31 PM
Range Rover

have any of you ever seen a jack on a humvee? it looks pretty damn cool also my uncle owns a humvee he even bought a old m-16 to mount on the roof!! its not a fully automatic of course....but wow that thing could go practically anywhere.....the reason they made them so big is because when there in military's hands they make a trail for it as they go...lol....also if you buy a jeep for about say 15k and put another 2k into it it comes to 17k you can get a humvee also for 17k bare boned im talkin here even with the old yellow bayshish colored paint!!.....you put a snorkel on them and you can literally go underwater with it....now thats unstopable!, only thing is the weight!! lol there pretty damn heavy but that way it will stick to earth a little better than a tipsy jeep plus they look awesome when you rip off the top and make it look a little more like a long jeep in a way with the huge roll bars on em!!

Old 08-18-2003, 01:00 AM
Elite Pro Rider

The military humvee can go through over 5ft of water. It will keep breathing when you can't!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Those diesles are a water tight engine. Now, when you get into the big lifts and tires for jeeps and the wider axels to handle the 37 and 38" tires that the humvees roll on, then you may just end up as wide as a humvee. Now here is the ultimate off road vehical[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-18-2003, 10:49 AM
Range Rover

lol those things are cooli want to get one now!...why did you have to go and do that?.....lol j/k.....i wonder the speed on em?

Quick Reply: OT: Off Roading With A Hummer