Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

OT: Off Roading With A Hummer

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2003, 10:54 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OT: Off Roading With A Hummer

omg!! 20k thats insane i would have to be drunk off my *** to buy something like that for 20k, you could have a really nice jeep or a military humvee for that price!

Old 08-18-2003, 11:14 AM
Pro Rider

To end the confusion...

All civilian machines are NAMED Hummer. I laugh when I'm with someone and see a Hummer on the street...and they're like....oooh look a humvee...

A HumVee is the military version... : High Mobility Multipurpose Wheeled Vehicle which is HMMWV...They took out the "wheeled" part and it was HMMV...So thats where HumVee came from... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

The military and SOME of the civilians have the 6.2L GM V8 Diesel (oil burner)...

Sorry, I know these things...They teach it to us here in the Canadian Army..

Old 08-18-2003, 02:00 PM
Range Rover

this is what happens when you wreck a hummer

humvee crash 1

humvee crash 2

humvee crash 3

now imagine that wreck in a jeep you might need to put a little more money into the repair than what you would have to put into a humvee...lol

Old 08-18-2003, 02:09 PM
Elite Pro Rider

LOL!!! Now thats what Im talkin about. LOL

Old 08-19-2003, 01:57 AM
Range Rover

Yes the GI issue JEEP replacement is ONE GO machine. Lets talk about some of the things about them that suck; The seats suck. the lack of climate control sucks. The seats kill your back. Seals on the doors don't. The seat make you urinate blood. The engine exhaust always finds its way into the cab with you. The seats have 1" foam padding that doesn't pad. If your lucky enuf to have the sun roof model [Turret] when its raining put your rain gear on. The seat stay wet after said rain. When they stop going cuz they are stuck in a swamp, and you cant reach any trees with the winch or pulled it out of the ground by the roots. I hope you packed a lunch because your going to be there awhile. With all this said It is truely an awsome machine.
BTW: Did I mention that the seats really, really, suck?

Old 08-19-2003, 09:00 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: TyreSpinner
To end the confusion...

All civilian machines are NAMED Hummer. I laugh when I'm with someone and see a Hummer on the street...and they're like....oooh look a humvee...

A HumVee is the military version... : High Mobility Multipurpose Wheeled Vehicle which is HMMWV...They took out the "wheeled" part and it was HMMV...So thats where HumVee came from... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

The military and SOME of the civilians have the 6.2L GM V8 Diesel (oil burner)...

Sorry, I know these things...They teach it to us here in the Canadian Army..

yep, that is why I will NEVER call a Hummer HumVee and vice versa.

Old 08-25-2003, 04:12 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: firemedic5586
Yes the GI issue JEEP replacement is ONE GO machine. Lets talk about some of the things about them that suck; The seats suck. the lack of climate control sucks. The seats kill your back. Seals on the doors don't. The seat make you urinate blood. The engine exhaust always finds its way into the cab with you. The seats have 1" foam padding that doesn't pad. If your lucky enuf to have the sun roof model [Turret] when its raining put your rain gear on. The seat stay wet after said rain. When they stop going cuz they are stuck in a swamp, and you cant reach any trees with the winch or pulled it out of the ground by the roots. I hope you packed a lunch because your going to be there awhile. With all this said It is truely an awsome machine.BTW: Did I mention that the seats really, really, suck?
well, there are ways to take care of those problems