Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

Wolverine Snorkel

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2003, 12:35 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wolverine Snorkel

After flooding my Wolverine this past weekend I'm lookin at puttin a snorkel kit on it. Anyone know how to go by doin this. Any info is greatly appreciated.

Old 08-17-2003, 03:29 AM
Pro Rider

Wicked Wolf,
First I would direct you to the atv forum at highlifter.com. There is alot of good information on snorkleing there. I have been looking into snorkleing my kodiak and here are some points that I had not considered until people at the highlifter forum pointed them out.

There is more to snorkle than you would initially think. Not only do you have to take care of your air box but you must consider the differential vent tubes and carb vent tube. There may also be some type of trans or crankcase vent on the wolv I dont know about. I havent looked at the airbox, gastank, and frame relationship on the wolv but I have on the Kodiak. I have not started looking into snorkling my wolv.

On the kodiak I have seen 3 different airbox snorkle designs. The first is just out between the seat and gastank and straight up. This would require cutting the gas tank cover plastic. The second is the same initially, but after coming out it goes to the right of the machine,beside the gastank to the front of the machine and then up. ( on kodiaks, in deep water the front end tends to rise). The third method is to find a way to run the snorkle between the gas tank and frame to the front of the quad and then up through the plastic. Note that the second and third method usually require rejetting while the first method does not seem to. For the other vents ( diff, carb, etc) some people extend the hoses and loop them over the handlebar area while others use nipples to tap into thier airbox snorkles and connect them there.

For materials people seem to go to places like Lowe's and use pool tubing ( the clear reinforced fexible kind whose name is escaping me) and other flexible tubing for the other vents.Some have used pvc or radiator hoses. For connections, the plumbing style rubber clamps that come with hose clamps are preferred. I am going to use a sprayable plastic ignition sealer on all my joints for more insurance when I get done with mine.

If you do snorkle yours please post about it. Im all ears....errr...eyes....

Old 08-17-2003, 04:14 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the info. I've been talkin with some people about the snorkels and they said to cut 2 holes in the box and run 2 snorkels so I won't cut off air supply. Really don't want to cut the airbox. I'll let you know if I run a snorkel on my fourwheeler and how it works out.

Old 08-17-2003, 08:59 PM
Pro Rider

Hmmm, Im not sure that idea about two tubes is correct. From what I have read, snorkleing increases air flow and leans out the quad, hence rejetting is required. You should be able to just attach to your airbox lid and go from there.

Old 12-07-2003, 04:42 PM
Weekend Warrior

do you know how fast a wolverine goes top speed. im looking to buy 1.thx