Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

Grizzly: Water in my clutch...

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2003, 04:43 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Grizzly: Water in my clutch...

I was riding up at Gilbert ORP this last weekend and I spent alot of time in the mud. I didn't seem to get any water in my clutch case but at the end of the day I had thick mud coming out of my drain plug(clutch cover). When I got home I took the clutch cover off and I could pull the mud out by hand. Any ideas on how to seal this off to keep mud or water out? Any help would be great. Thanks...

Old 09-18-2003, 11:51 AM
Pro Rider

Check both the rear and front belt drive case snorkles and make sure they are connected to the crank case. This about the only reason why you would be getting mud in there. My wife's Kodiak had the same problem then I got to checking and the front and rear snorkles came off at the crankcase. Also I'd throw away the cheap hose clamps they use and put on new stainless ones. I hopes this helps let me know one way or the other here in the forum. If it don't I'll look for another reason but the one above is the most common.

Old 09-19-2003, 12:35 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the advice, I will check it out this weekend and hopefully fix it. I'll be in the mud all next weekend up by International Falls so I hope this works. Thanks again and I'll let you know what I find out. Rod