Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

hows everyones kodiak running?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2003, 10:49 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hows everyones kodiak running?

How is everybody's kodiak running with the colder temperatures that we now have? does it take awhile to start up? I was just wondering, since this is the first winter i have had my bear. I would like to ride it as much as I can during this winter when I am not in college. ( N.E. Alberta)

I have a 2003 kodiak 450. So far it has held up great! I love this machine[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-21-2003, 07:44 AM
Pro Rider

Colder weather? haha, what's that? JK, it's supposed to hit 68 degrees here in Northern VA today. We haven't seen much cold weather this season. I'll let you know when we get a good front though. I can't wait to take my 450 out in the snow!

Old 11-21-2003, 08:44 AM
Range Rover

Well... I bought a 2004 Kodiak 400 for my wife last Sat, and on Sun we were riding around our property and the right front shock bent in a nice L shape, and locked the suspension solid!@ She wasn't even hard on it at all... we noticed it as we were washing the bikes off. Must have been a bad part from the factory... Other then that, the Kodiak is running great! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Though.... my 2004 P700 is running ALOT better!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-21-2003, 08:53 AM
Range Rover

so far my 04' Kodiak 450 runs great and it has been around the 30's or so here in the northwest.

Old 11-21-2003, 05:07 PM
Range Rover

Mine did great last year in the cold, plowed alot of snow with it and played even more. You will have to choke it to get it going but not for long.

Old 11-21-2003, 10:50 PM
Weekend Warrior

My Kodiak has always run great. I had one minor problem when I first bought it in August 2000, the clutch nut came off and so did the clutch. That has been the only problem until now. I do a lot of plowing in the winter. If it is going to get really negative temps, at least bring in the battery, if not the whole quad. They will start, just need lots of juice and choke at first. Once they are running, no problem. Mine has suddenly decided it doesn't like CDI boxes. I just fried my third one tonight, I think. I need to go look it over. Great quad though, you will be very happy with it. I am.

Chappy

Old 11-23-2003, 10:34 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i would have to say mine is running very good starts right up with choke on in cold weather

Trending Topics

Old 11-23-2003, 12:26 PM
Range Rover

My 02 kodiak had 7500 km on when I traded it in for a Grizz this year. Put lots of winter miles on it right down to the -38 F . no problems other than having to clean a arms of snow and slush once in a while.
With a windshield and handwarmers it was as warm as any sled I've driven. Lost 1 week due to snow conditions , imagine 51 weeks of use compared to a snowmachines 16 weeks.
Can't wait to get the grizz in the white stuff.

Old 11-23-2003, 05:59 PM
Pro Rider

I have heard of block heaters for t he kodiak. I dont know if it will be a worthwhile investment or not.
What do you guys use for tires on your kodiaks? Does one seem any better to you in the white stuff?
I run bearclaws on my 450 and they seem like an all around good tire.
I havent had a chance to ride it any really gnarly winter conditions yet, but I'll let you know if any interesting stories arise.

Old 11-23-2003, 10:49 PM
Pro Rider

Does anyone have problems with the belt slipping in deep water or mud? I might be getting one in the summer time. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: hows everyones kodiak running?