Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

Are Yamaha's "Death Mobiles"?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2004, 08:03 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are Yamaha's "Death Mobiles"?

I think that no atv will feel tippy once you learn how to ride it right.

Old 01-12-2004, 02:38 PM
Range Rover

Yes all bikes do tip over but so does a hummer. when looking for a bike have the dealer or a couple of buddies flip your bike or the one you are looking at on its side, then you by your self try and flip it back on to 4 wheels . IF YOU CAN'T the bike is to big for you and you will not be able to handle it all that well. Yes you can drive it on the road but when the going gets rough and you have to throw alittle weight into it in a side hill manouver now what are you going to do. ATV's are for people who can handle them.
Eat your wheeties. buy a bike you can handle. and enjoy life in the outdoors

Old 01-12-2004, 04:47 PM
Pro Rider

Tippy, LOL!!!! I've never had that feeling before!!!! Lord knows I've tried to tip my bikes over some huge jumps to shove off speed, but never a tippy feeling!!! By the way, I see people get hurt every single time I go and ride at the MX tracks, does that mean all the bikes are death machines???? People get killed riding the streetbikes every year as well, are they death machines????? That was a very stupid title to this whole post!!!

Old 01-12-2004, 05:31 PM
Trailblazer

i rolled my warrior backwards once, but i was on a hill steep hill, and the tree would not get out of my way. next day i boughta chest plate.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] nothing but headlights was broke on quad.

Old 01-12-2004, 06:33 PM
Pro Rider

besides my mom's TrailBoss, ive never ridden anything besides Yamahas. I flipped my beartracker countless times, but they were all due to me riding like a maniac. I've never flipped my step dad's Kodiak, but it is very easy to get it on 2 wheels, and balance it. He rides that thing like a sport quad, and can nearly keep up with a friend of ours on his KFX400

Old 01-12-2004, 07:08 PM
Trailblazer

They can all be flipped on there side or backward or forward. Some a little tippy than others but not enough to not consider buying them. I ride my 03 grizzly just fine the tippyness feel is gone but really never was a problem. I had a rancher flipped it, had a 300ex flipped it alot and now have a grizzly and havent flipped it. I think most of it is rider either inexpierenced or just a maniac that was my problem in the past was being a maniac try anything.

Old 01-12-2004, 07:51 PM
Weekend Warrior

look buddy all i was sayin is that my close friend and neighbor died on a quad. idk what the younger generation thinks cuz they should no the truth. im 16 and i know whats goin on. we dont need to be tellin them bs liek atvs are safe. face teh facts, atvs are great but when u mix them wiht riders not experieced with them or underage then $hit goes wrong. look all im sayin is there shouldnt be any hiding the truth about dangers involved. if anyone has a problem wiht what i just said feel free to tlak to me at Fourstroketerror on Aim or AOl or crf230rider for yahoo messenger.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]isgust

Old 01-13-2004, 01:47 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: RedCondor
look buddy all i was sayin is that my close friend and neighbor died on a quad. idk what the younger generation thinks cuz they should no the truth. im 16 and i know whats goin on. we dont need to be tellin them bs liek atvs are safe. face teh facts, atvs are great but when u mix them wiht riders not experieced with them or underage then $hit goes wrong. look all im sayin is there shouldnt be any hiding the truth about dangers involved. if anyone has a problem wiht what i just said feel free to tlak to me at Fourstroketerror on Aim or AOl or crf230rider for yahoo messenger.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]isgust
Then why just pick out Yamaha??? WHy not say Are "ALL" Atv's death mobiles!!!

Old 01-13-2004, 02:41 AM
Trailblazer

As the founder of this thread, I just want to clarify that I don't see
Yamahas as Death Mobiles.

And I want to extend my condolences to the poster who lost his friend in an ATV accident.

As a corporate communicator, I have learned that one of the keys to getting
people to read your piece is to have a catchy headline. This is all the title was meant
to convey. In retrospect, I would have used a different title.

I am very indebted for all the thoughful responses.

Thank you.

LPP

Old 01-19-2004, 12:45 PM
Pro Rider

I spent some time on a friends new Griz 660 yesterday. I believe the feeling of "tippiness" is multiplied by the amount of power your laying down. That thing has some power and can easily tip over if floored while turning. But so can a solid axle Kawi 700. Like stated above, you have to tune your riding to the quad you own. If you get off the one your comfortable with and hop on something else, it might feel tippy until you learn to ride it. However it is harder to compensate for a taller center of gravity, cant lean too far when there are tree's all around.

Quick Reply: Are Yamaha's "Death Mobiles"?