Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

Do You Wear a Helmet?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2004 | 04:09 PM
Range Rover
Default Do You Wear a Helmet?

ok.....silly me.....you are perfectly safe riding 150mph on a motorcycle so long as you put on a helmet and spiderman suit first. i feel shame for thinking otherwise. had i known that riding 150mph on a motorcycle was safer than riding around @20 mph on an atv without a helmet i would have kept my cbr.
You know RhinoOffRoad, my first statement wasn't a slam against you.... but you decided to slam me. YES.. I do believe that anyone who doesn't wear protective gear is STUPID.. it's my opinion, and I could care less who likes it. The thing is, you prove my point with each statement.... your total lack of common sense, or slightest bit of intellegence is too funny. You haven't given one shred of intellegent reasoning as to why it's smart to ride without a helmet.. in fact you go on to say how your kids either wear a helmet or don't ride! Ok, so your saying that your one of those guys that is the "do as I say... not as I do" type?? Nice example your setting for your kids!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

You can't argue with facts.... protective gear saves lives... period. If they didn't, it wouldn't be required for racing. Do you even have a clue what would happen to your head if you hit it on a hard surface going 20mph? Yea.. it will pop like a mellon!! Have you ever had to take someone to the hospital because a chunk of dirt punched a guys sunglasses lens into his eye? I have.... All my life in motorsports, i've seen guys like you come and go.... and I think the same thing... F#$KING STUPID !!

Old 01-15-2004 | 04:32 PM
Trailblazer

i want everyone when they ride to walk away at days end, but i do not push anyone that rides to wear a helmet. i say to myself when i see someone without gear earlier, what an stupid idiot. it is yor own choice, but dont think that your choice does not impact other people. a guy died last march at a place i ride at. another person died at a lake milford, ks this past summer, he wrcked into his brother and was struck in the head. i was told they were both going under 15mph. there are now talks of closing the park. if seen this a couple parks and it comes down to lawsuits and risk vs reward. my heart goes out to the mans family and friends, its a bad deal all the way around. i love to ride but it is getting harder to find areas to ride at. i hate to say it but you have to wonder if everyone wore a helmet, how may people who died ridin would have lived and how many more places would ther be to ride at. we will never know?

Old 01-15-2004 | 04:51 PM
Range Rover

{OPTIMUS} - You bring up a very good point!! ALOT of places I used to ride dirtbikes as a kid are now offlimits due to too many accidents and law-suits.

I've yet to hear a logical, intellegent argument for NOT wearing safety gear. I did see one reasoning that struck me as new.. that it took away from the ATV experience? How is that? Can anyone clue me in on that one? Who knows, maybe I'm missing something... ??

Old 01-15-2004 | 05:03 PM
Trailblazer

also i left out that a family friend(that happens to be a nurse) always gives me crap every spring when riding seson starts, that people who are on a list for an organ transplant have a better chance of getting one due to 16 to 30 year old males on any sort of bike. i would wear chainmail and a crusader helm before i let my self be a statistic.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-15-2004 | 05:14 PM
Range Rover

{RhinoOffRoad} Ok, how do you equate racing my sportbike in full gear to not being safe or being a hypocrite?? I've NEVER been injured racing.. EVER!! Superbikes, funny car, drag opel GT, SCCA sports class.... YES, I've had my share of wrecks, though most were not my fault, but how is that making me a hypocite?
Obviously you have a bug up your *** and defensive about helmets, else you wouldn't have jumped my *** in the very beginning. My first post stands... wearing protective gear has saved me many times... I've personally seen the deaths of those stupid enough to NOT wear it!

and as far as you being a good example... it doesn't matter if they are riding with you or by themselves..the point is.. good leaders lead by example... not just words..

Old 01-15-2004 | 05:22 PM
Trailblazer

i would also be screamin FOR KING AND COUNTRY A BE HOISTING A JOUST![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-15-2004 | 05:23 PM
Range Rover

you feel the need to control others by demanding they wear the equipment, and then judging those who dont as if in your exhalted state youre somehow better then they are.
{RhinoOffRoad} you really are just F#$cking stupid aren't you? LOL How did you get me stating my OPINION and backing it up with some facts, to me trying to control anyone? Yes, I do make a judgement call on the guys who don't protect themselves.... I never said I was BETTER then them.... just SMARTER!! There is a difference you know.. Don't jump my frame because you have self- esteem issues to deal with. Besides... doing the opposite of what you know to be right, without logic, or reasoning, is the definition of STUPID!!

Old 01-15-2004 | 05:26 PM
Range Rover

i would also be screamin FOR KING AND COUNTRY A BE HOISTING A JOUST!
Tooo funny!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-15-2004 | 05:27 PM
Pro Rider

I never wear a helmet ----it can make that foot that you lose by in a drag race....

live life--take chances

it is your choice -if you want to stay safe and warm wear one/

Old 01-15-2004 | 05:32 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Rhino I live in Anchorage.AlaskaBoy.

Quick Reply: Do You Wear a Helmet?