Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

500cc shootout sportsman vs vinson vs foreman vs actic cat vs bombarodar

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2004, 12:16 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 500cc shootout sportsman vs vinson vs foreman vs actic cat vs bombarodar

Originally posted by: 660lobsterman
hey man if your polarse beat a 650 rincon in a drag, that rincon, must of had two flat tires.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Were did you come from? Were was that stated? I'm not even going to get into this one. Btw I've raced one and the results were much different. But the Rincon is a great ATV, I would get one if the Sportsman or Gizzly didn't exist.

Old 04-23-2004, 02:16 PM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!
Default 500cc shootout sportsman vs vinson vs foreman vs actic cat vs bombarodar

Fight, Fight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 04-23-2004, 05:35 PM
Weekend Warrior

sportsmans atvs are the worst according to dirtwheels mag and atv television.i seen my brother inlaw blow out a 700 with his grizzly, not shortly after that the guy sold it and got himself a 500 sportsman,he said the 700 was rattling and shaking and he didnt think it was worth the money.these guys we ride with in kentucky are serious polaris owners.they always try to get us stuck on uor vinson grizzly and kodiak but it just so turns out we always have fewer problems than they do.those guys are just so slow on the trails.seems like they try to avoid really steep hills and off camber hills, they sometimes even get off there atvs and walk them up difficult terain.then when we stop for a break they check out our quads very carefully then when its time to ride again we start ours up and usually have to wait awhile because they always have trouble starting theirs"SOMETHING WITH THE STARTER" and its the same old slow trail riding but we love riding with them we go down every other weekend ijust think its an made in america thing for them i think the next time i will offer to let them ride my vinson and let them see the power,handling,and pure excitement of the vinson.

Old 04-23-2004, 06:57 PM
Trailblazer

VINSONACK, give it up man !!!! Your not going to convince anyone with an IRS machine that your Vinson is going to do a better job in extreme conditions (stumps, rocks, mud, logs, etc, etc) than an IRS-equipped machine. The Vinsons are a nice machine and work well in their element, but stock for stock, a 500 Vinson won't come close to outdoing a 500 Sportsman in the really, really rough terrain. Just the facts man. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Old 04-23-2004, 07:53 PM
Pro Rider

Hate to interject on such a pointless topic, but wheel articulation really isn't everything you IRS guys would like to think it is. If you look at my pics, you can see I used to wheel full-sized rigs, and from my Jeep to my Suzuki I can make very close parallels; 1) Locked axles are the biggest key to traction 2) Tires are second 3)Clearance is a close third, maybe even tied for second with tires 4) I'm not even talking about driver skill in this list
I've seen STOCK Geo Trackers with welded differentials out-wheel super-modified Toyotas with open differentials. We have some pretty extreme wheelers here in So.Oregon, and I've seen almost everything possible.
Articulation gives you some impressive pictures, and gives you a better feeling of stability, but isn't nearly as important as pure driver skill and locked-up axles front and rear. Since every quad made has a locked rear-end, and almost all have limited slip front (mine) or a solid locker in the front, it's gonna be the SAME OLD STORY WE ALWAYS HEAR ON ATV CONNECTION, which is "well, I wheel my (your ATV here) with some friends (their ATV HERE) and I can go anywhere they go."
I've stated on another thread on the Suzuki side that I drove my friend's AC500I and didn't like it because it felt tippy and too soft. Now, obviously lots of people like their ACs, so it always comes back to DRIVER PREFERENCE AND SKILL.
Why would you guys even bother arguing that yours is better anyway? As if you're going to convince anyone by just getting pissed off and insulting everyone you can.
Someone needs to come up with a 'tough truck' type competition for utility ATVs and put the 'who is best' question to rest.

Old 04-23-2004, 07:53 PM
Trailblazer

2004sp500 said he-1 dragged rincon,-2 got to top speed faster and-3 raced him by a couple of bike lengths .[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 04-23-2004, 07:58 PM
Pro Rider

sorry i thought that post was pointed at me.

Old 04-23-2004, 08:03 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: aksafari
...4) I'm not even talking about driver skill in this list...
...Articulation gives you some impressive pictures, and gives you a better feeling of stability, but isn't nearly as important as pure driver skill...
I don't care what people think one way or the other. I like my sportsman 500ho and it does what I want. I do have to point out though that you contradicted yourself in the above statement. In one part you say you aren't talking about driver skill and in the next part you are saying how important it is.

Could you clarify your stance on this? Thanks.

Old 04-23-2004, 09:52 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: HighVelocity
VINSONACK, give it up man !!!! Your not going to convince anyone with an IRS machine that your Vinson is going to do a better job in extreme conditions (stumps, rocks, mud, logs, etc, etc) than an IRS-equipped machine. The Vinsons are a nice machine and work well in their element, but stock for stock, a 500 Vinson won't come close to outdoing a 500 Sportsman in the really, really rough terrain. Just the facts man. Sorry to burst your bubble.
my sons 00 kodiak has outdone quite a few sportsmans 500's in rough terrain irs stands for" i ride slow " what the heck makes you think your sp is the king, I think the era is over.......... sorry

Old 04-23-2004, 11:15 PM
Range Rover

In Northern Canada just about everyone rides Polaris because they don't wear you out and let you concentrate on the terrain. Say what you want, but these guys know what they're about when it comes to mud, tundra, and rocks. They ride in conditions where most quads (and most riders) fear to tread.

Quick Reply: 500cc shootout sportsman vs vinson vs foreman vs actic cat vs bombarodar