Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

660 Grizzly vs. kingquad vs. brute force!

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2005, 12:33 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 660 Grizzly vs. kingquad vs. brute force!

I would also have to say to go with the Polaris 800 as its the best quad ive sat on. the sportiest of the Über bores is the KQ, no doubt about that. the grizzly is an awesome quad. perfectly ballenced and not heavy at all, but it lacks alot in primary places. the BF is a beast, but infact too much beast for its occupation, and its very tippy suspention make it my last choice on the list for buying. The polaris 800 is as equally fast as the brute force, and i dragged my 800 agaisnt my neighbors son's BF and the the polaris shot away on the takeoff, but the brute ketched up with it and slowly pulled ahead, then as we neared 50 the polaris pulled away finishing about 2 quad lengths ahead.

the 800 is a very good UTILITY quad, and has alot of sport characteristics, but if your trying to keep up with sport quads and go in the same tight places as them, id go after the KQ

Old 01-01-2005, 01:07 PM
Pro Rider

All I am going to say is that we toe more Polaris,s home than all the others combined it has allways been this way. They have the worst time between failures bar none . They are also so heavy they are a pain to toe home. Darn good ride maybe the best it is probably a great ride at the end of the toe rope also good thing.

Old 01-02-2005, 10:20 PM
Trailblazer

Just a reply to RidinLCWA. You'll appreciate the Polaris's extra weight when you want to plow or tow some monster loads. I don't notice the weight when play riding.

Old 01-03-2005, 12:04 AM
Pro Rider

I don't ride a Polaris but most of my friends do so let me just say this about the weight. When 8 of us went riding in deep snow the next day most every Polaris owner was complaining that they were sore. I can't say for sure but it may have had something to do with muscling those beasts around. The Yamaha and Suzuki riders felt okay they following day and in fact when back riding. This is not a put down because I've seen these machines in action and are every bit as good as the next but they are heavier and there's no desbuting that. Is that a good thing or bad...well I'll let you decide since I've only rode one once.

Old 01-03-2005, 12:38 AM
Pro Rider

The BF looks good to me and sounds good but it seems the grizz would be the best

Old 01-03-2005, 12:16 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: spyder6
I would also have to say to go with the Polaris 800 as its the best quad ive sat on. the sportiest of the Über bores is the KQ, no doubt about that. the grizzly is an awesome quad. perfectly ballenced and not heavy at all, but it lacks alot in primary places. the BF is a beast, but infact too much beast for its occupation, and its very tippy suspention make it my last choice on the list for buying. The polaris 800 is as equally fast as the brute force, and i dragged my 800 agaisnt my neighbors son's BF and the the polaris shot away on the takeoff, but the brute ketched up with it and slowly pulled ahead, then as we neared 50 the polaris pulled away finishing about 2 quad lengths ahead.

the 800 is a very good UTILITY quad, and has alot of sport characteristics, but if your trying to keep up with sport quads and go in the same tight places as them, id go after the KQ
I am curious about your BF 750 race, we were doing some testing and comparing at the dunes saturday and had somwhat different results than you had. I was wondering what kind of mods if any the BF750 had and did you notice alot of gain from your Sp800 when you added the K&N. We were not using a BF 750 but rather my buddy's stock twin peaks 700 with Bighorns and vision wheels. We raced them 8 times and the twin peaks beat it every time, our races were about 250 yards and no point was the polaris ahead of the Twin peaks(prairie700) there were times they were neck and neck but never in the lead. I was actualy very surprised that the polaris didn't run it down. I bought the poalaris for the EFI and cushy ride and the fact it felt the strongest of all the IRS quads its power seemed similar to what I am acustome to, I just realy thought it would be a little stronger than the P700's. I realy was impressed with the ride quality of the polaris even more now than when I bought it, its the smothest riding quad I have ever been on with out a doubt. Don't get me wrong I am pleased with its power I was mainly trying not go back words in the power departmen and its not off by much.

Old 01-03-2005, 12:19 PM
Range Rover

The new Dirt wheels Mag, shootout with a king quad, brute force and a "700" polaris, king Q was first, the 700 polaris beat the brute out for 2nd, their view of the brute, to much motor for safe trailing or general riding, fit mostly for mudboggin. The King only beat the
Polaris out because it was a little smaller in size and went through tight trails a little better. This is just another source for others to view opinions of riders.

Old 01-03-2005, 01:17 PM
Trailblazer

I went out to red creek this weekend in MIssissippi and rode with a brute 2 grizzlies and the griz as well as the brute had over heating problems the radiators need to be cleaned very often throughout the day. I had no problems with the 800 in fact when I cleaned the bike it did not have much if any mud in it. the radiator has much better coverage. I think they are all nice bikes I wanted the most comfortable one that is why I got the 800.

Old 01-03-2005, 06:01 PM
Pro Rider

I am curious about your BF 750 race, we were doing some testing and comparing at the dunes saturday and had somwhat different results than you had. I was wondering what kind of mods if any the BF750 had and did you notice alot of gain from your Sp800 when you added the K&N. We were not using a BF 750 but rather my buddy's stock twin peaks 700 with Bighorns and vision wheels. We raced them 8 times and the twin peaks beat it every time, our races were about 250 yards and no point was the polaris ahead of the Twin peaks(prairie700) there were times they were neck and neck but never in the lead. I was actualy very surprised that the polaris didn't run it down. I bought the poalaris for the EFI and cushy ride and the fact it felt the strongest of all the IRS quads its power seemed similar to what I am acustome to, I just realy thought it would be a little stronger than the P700's. I realy was impressed with the ride quality of the polaris even more now than when I bought it, its the smothest riding quad I have ever been on with out a doubt. Don't get me wrong I am pleased with its power I was mainly trying not go back words in the power departmen and its not off by much.[/quote]

If you raced the TP and the 800 in sand or even somewhat soft terrain, I think the weight of the 800 would be a down fall. But overall I don't think any of these big bore is going to hammer the other.

Old 01-03-2005, 10:10 PM
eb
Trailblazer

I think the "lack" of low end on the King Quad is more clutch related.When someone comes out with a more aggressive setup it'll even out the power.All of the 700cc plus quads are within 4 horsepower of each other.
There are a lot of little things that make a difference to some people also.I've had a few polaris' before and I didn't care for the constant maintenance, single lever brakes,non controlable 4x4,no backup recoil,struts,and weight.
But I do like their under rack storages,cool looking dual exhaust,and aggressive tires.
I can respect other peoples opinions but if I were to give mine,I'd say go ride all of the ones that appeal to you,don't let people on here try to tell you how much better the one they own is.

Quick Reply: 660 Grizzly vs. kingquad vs. brute force!