Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

jumping the ute

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2005, 10:47 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default jumping the ute

cc1999,
Have you heard a Polaris 700 twin with an aftermarket exhaust on it? Not at all like a Harley, if that was what you were wondering. I heard a SP 700 with a Big Gun exhaust on it, and I thought the owner had swapped in a different engine so much that I actually stopped him and asked him. I was certain that there was just no way that sound was coming from a 700cc ATV. It sounded high pitched, and alot like a 70cc four stroke beginner motorcycle that someone had taken the muffler off of, so that it was loud and stupid sounding. If the SP 800 sounds anything like the SP 700, the best sound from that engine is NONE AT ALL. You may want to listen to a piped SP 700 before cutting up the quiet exhaust on your SP 800. Just a thought.

OuterLimit

Old 01-06-2005, 10:57 PM
Pro Rider
Default jumping the ute

No I havn't herd a 700, but this wave runner sound alike has to have some rumble to it somewhere, I just have to find it. I was figuring since it has two 330cc jugs on it and a factory dual exhaust it might sound pretty good if I can find the right mufflers. I have the procircut systems on all my stp's and the prairie wich sound alot better than the IDSX I originaly had on the P650. They sond alot deaper than the IDSX does. My mechanic was thinking the V-force mufflers from procircut might be addaptable to the SP800, not sure yet.

thanks for the heads up.

Old 05-03-2005, 07:42 PM
Trailblazer
Default jumping the ute

hey i got a 250 recon that i jump. look at my page. i'd say u could make the jump as big as you want it within limits. on one of my ramps i built one that will put me in bout 4 ft of air and land rite ona hill so my shocks arent even a problem. ill get pics of it soon if that doesnt make cents.

Old 05-03-2005, 08:41 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default jumping the ute

heheh, nice pictures, ive been jumping mine off a asfault drop off at the end of a culdisac my friend lives on, the ground drops off and the assfault has a big ramp style end to it. i hit it at about 15mph and got about 3 feet of air off it. i did it again at about 30 and my front shocks bottomed out and my skidplate grabbed the road and took a massive chunk with it. so... heheh, my skid plate is fine, little scratched up and dented on the bottom, everything is intact, exept the road, LOL

anyway, later on we got some yellow spray paint went back and wrote around the missing chunk "OWEND BY POLARIS" and put a box around it. yeah its vandalisim, but it was friggin funny. the guy on the other side of the caldisac is another rider and we showed it to him and he just started laughing his *** off and demanded that i do it again for his video camera. wouldent ever grab the road again though [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-04-2005, 03:46 AM
Pro Rider
Default jumping the ute

I have a picture of Dave (silverbullet) jumping his sportsman 700 EFI in my photobucket pictures under gravel pit ride.
It wasn't very far but he was a good 4-5 feet up off the ground. I was impressed!

JIm

Gravel pit ride w/ Jeff & Dave's jump

Old 05-04-2005, 04:12 AM
Range Rover
Default jumping the ute

Originally posted by: spyder6
lol, thanks, but i live on 5 acers of treeless land so my dad is getting dirt deliverd in the spring for a garden that my mom alwase wanted to build, he said i could have part of the dirt, so im going to make some ramps, nothing really high, but like maybe launch the quad 3 feet up.
Jumps?!? Sounds like you should dig out a mud-boggin hole!

As you can see in my pics, i've done some jumping on my 400 Xplorer, and have had front end probs since. (Well, my little bro wrapped it around a tree later that day, which MIGHT have something to do with it!! Another Skid-Lid put to use!)
Just remember that machine of yours is HEAVY, but hey, you didn't buy it to look pretty did you? Heck No! Have fun! What was the question?

Old 05-04-2005, 06:41 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default jumping the ute

I predict your CRF money will be put to use fixing that 800 instead. Have fun, it's only money!

Old 05-04-2005, 08:25 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default jumping the ute

well so far i have 800 bucks that ive saved up for the CRF since i posted that (birthday money too which isnt much, but still) and so far, no problems with the 8, everything is flawless, and the skid plate it minor. im impressed with this quads durrability. although, the belt problem worries me.

Old 05-04-2005, 04:47 PM
Range Rover
Default jumping the ute

When I first saw the thread title "jumping the ute" I thought you were talking about Alex Smith.

Old 05-06-2005, 06:13 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default jumping the ute

ooo maybe a new head with the camshaft acting directly on the valves! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: jumping the ute