Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

Snow Plow Prices

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2005, 03:47 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Snow Plow Prices

I ordered a 48" Warn snow plow and a mounting kit for 308 dollars shipped to my door, Is that a good price? Could I have found better?

Old 01-26-2005, 04:28 PM
Trailblazer
Default Snow Plow Prices

I bought the 54" Warn angled plow, push tubes and mount for 388.95 to my door. I guess it depends on what you use it for. I like the heavier gauge steel. I had a 48" warn and I bent that thing all to he!! in less than a season. So I put out a little more, mounted it myself and now take it easy (er).

Old 01-26-2005, 04:33 PM
Pro Rider
Default Snow Plow Prices

Yeh, I know that cheap little plow will bend alot, but im really not going to do much plowing with it so thats why I chose the cheap one, I have a cyclecountry plow for my rubicon and I bent that thing into a pretzel. lol

Old 01-29-2005, 08:51 PM
Trailblazer
Default Snow Plow Prices

Baller:
Bought a TUSK DOZER angled plow w/ hand lift (could also use winch) rubber flap at top shipped to my door
for $389.00, I thought great price? This plow is like the one's the road depts. use it's tapered. Size is 50" real easy
to install.,most I priced were $400.00 or more plus shipping.

Old 01-16-2006, 11:55 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Snow Plow Prices

Brusier,

Is the TUSK the same as an Eagle?
Where did your purchase yours from? I have a Honda 500 Foreman, and I am thinking about a 54" plow. Since the Foreman is a 2WD I will also be using rear chains.
Thanks

Old 01-22-2006, 03:06 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Snow Plow Prices

Where should I find a good plow to get the job done. I have a Big Bear 400 and was wondering what size I should get. I want to get a plow for cheap but still good. I dont want a piece of crap. I have looked at the city slicker plows on rockymountainatv.com Are those any good. I think the price is good.
But please let me know!!!!!!!

Old 01-22-2006, 04:39 PM
Trailblazer
Default Snow Plow Prices

i am 99% sure that the tusk brand at rocky mountain is the same as an american eagle. they just put their name on it and sell at lower price. if they are out of stock, try creekside powersports.com. they have very good prices on warn and american eagle plows and accessories.

Old 01-22-2006, 09:14 PM
Pro Rider
Default Snow Plow Prices

I just got a moose 60" plow and I'm not 100% happy with it, I'll list some probs I've seen

1) The swivel pin tension spring fell off, I think the winch hook got in the way and pulled it free. I had to remove the large hook on my winch and attatch a smaller clevis style hookup.

2) I don't like the hookup system for lifting the plow. It's a simple U style bolt that is very close to the swivel assembly

3) The swivel assembly got destroyed, I think it was caused by the winch cable somehow getting a coil wrapped around the pull lever and bent the hell out of the whole works when I lifted it.

4) I lost a foot, don't ask me how ? It had a snap style cotter pin on the top but it somehow it must have worked loose. It was installed correctly.

5) It is difficult to attatch the two pins when hooking the plow up. The two arms going under the quad attach to a skid plate and it can be a bugger to get everything lined up. Also the attatch point tends to pack ice where the pins go thru when the plow isn't attatched. Perhaps I'll take the pins to the grinder to put a bevel on ends of them to "assist" in lining things up when I beat them in place.

6) The skid plate attatches with U bolts, not sure I like this method.. I was worried that possible movement of the skidplate might wear weak spots in my frame where the U bolts go around.

Other than that it is a solid plow, it's very strong.. I have hit "things" that have nearly sent me over the handle bars but havn't bent my plow. I also wouldn't want a heaver plow hanging off the front of the quad. It pulls the front down quite a bit when lifting the blade.