Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

Grizzly, or King Quad or ????

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2005, 11:53 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Grizzly, or King Quad or ????

Originally posted by: neversunk
I agree on the single brake lever. I'm a street biker....and it just does'nt feel right to me to have both front and rear brakes on one lever. Just personal preference I guess....although I love the idea of the vtwin except for trying to keep both carbs adjusted (or rather trying to find out which one is in need of adjustment when you have a problem)

Polaris 600 and 700's don't have a v-twin, they have a even firing paralel twin. They only have one carb on them too.

Old 03-01-2005, 12:04 PM
Trailblazer

I just want to know if Starky gets his 125s from the mating grizzlys. I have an 05 grizz and if they can reproduce I'll run out and get another right away!

Old 03-04-2005, 05:08 PM
Range Rover
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well there's allot of good information in this thread. Thanks for all the responses so far. I'm still leaning toward the Grizzly. I've heard allot of good things about it, The major complaints all seem to have fixes that seem easy enough and I've been impressed with the Yamaha's that I've had experience with in the past.

Old 03-04-2005, 06:30 PM
Pro Rider

Since you live in Ohio heres a couple good prices near you for a griz....$6249 at Abernathy (Tenn I think) and $6195 at Chicago Cycle. I think the outfit near Toledo (Honda East?) might bend over for ya a bit and match or at least get near to those prices...salesman named "Nick" did that for someone else I was emailing with last month....let us know what happens

Old 03-05-2005, 09:52 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: neversunk
OH yes...I like the fact that it does work well.....I just never seem to be able to "plan" on being stuck and need to switch over immediately if I do. Plus, operating a winch for a plow as well as manually holding down the locker at the same time does'nt work that well I'm sure.
Buy a 40 dollar PENLOCK and you wont have to hold it....however you still have the option of holding it if you want.

Old 04-01-2005, 10:54 PM
Weekend Warrior

I'm not a pro or a salesman. But I will teyou the 650 BF is one of the fastest quad's out there. I have a KQ and I will tell you no matter what you buy it will slip belts if you take it too deep. I have a buddy with a Grizzly 660, a Vinson 500, Honda 500's, Honda 350 fourtrax, Prairie 700 and I tell you they are all awsome quad's. All have particulars but all are good. You notice I did not mention Polaris or Artic cat. I did not because they are not as popular where I live. And I think they make up their shortcoming's with beating the competetors on price. As for spending 250.00's to fix in two years, what esle will last that long?

Old 04-01-2005, 11:14 PM
Range Rover

Well I myself am a Polaris fan but sicne u have narrowed it down to two bikes i would deffinetly give the edge to tha Grizz...my best friend has one and it treats him good...the only downside is everytime we go through deep water he gets gallons of water in his clutch...and i mean it kould be a foot of water and he gets some water in it...that is the only problem we have com across...

Old 04-03-2005, 08:40 PM
Pro Rider

have him check the air inlet and outlet on the engine for the tranny to see if the tubes are tight..... I had the same problem and one of the tubes were off the engine ...put it back on and tightened the clamp and PRESTO.......problem fixed! Now I can go through 3 feet of water and no problems!

Old 04-04-2005, 10:51 PM
Range Rover

We have and he is totally going to redo his tranny exhaust and intake...he is gonna seal it up and mabey even do the engine intake....

Old 05-10-2005, 05:59 PM
Range Rover

Engine brake is the culprit there.

I however like the engine brake & the shimmy is the side effect.
You can take the engine brake off.

Quick Reply: Grizzly, or King Quad or ????