Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

BEST 400 CLASS UTILITY QUAD?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2005, 01:12 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BEST 400 CLASS UTILITY QUAD?

I'd like to put my 05 Eiger manual against your Little Bear. I guaranty it would blow it away. I've already done it to most other 400, 450 and 500' s, might as well do it to the Little Bear.

Old 06-20-2005, 04:14 AM
Pro Rider

27's on a stock Eiger= SOS

Old 06-20-2005, 04:32 AM
Pro Rider

And why would you put 27s on a stock quad, especially on an automatic without a OVERSIZED TIRE CLUTCH KIT. Combine that with an obvious lemon and that is the most likely reason your experince was a negative one. All reviews on the eiger always give it a big thumbs up. The things that it needs and that it is critisized for are plain jane down right ugly looks, lack of locker, shifter on right side of tank, lack of fuel fiter and front bumper that sticks out to far. As for your big bear, well I won't go there on your utility bike. They are all right if you like old school utes.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-27-2005, 01:55 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: g1387
I'd like to put my 05 Eiger manual against your Little Bear. I guaranty it would blow it away. I've already done it to most other 400, 450 and 500' s, might as well do it to the Little Bear.
Where is char;eston Ark. located at from Tx? I am right on the Arkansas line and looking for some other people to ride with. I go up to Alberts pike alot (usually with the trike, Mudzilla's aint worth a flip on rocks) but next time I go I am going to carry the BigBear. If your not to far you should make it up. There is no date set yet so its flexible. Oh and as far as blow it away, be more specific, If your talking about speed, thats nothing to right home to mom about, you can outrun it on a bicycle. Its Lowend power and durability that I am talking about.

Old 06-27-2005, 01:59 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: quadduck
And why would you put 27s on a stock quad, especially on an automatic without a OVERSIZED TIRE CLUTCH KIT. Combine that with an obvious lemon and that is the most likely reason your experince was a negative one. All reviews on the eiger always give it a big thumbs up. The things that it needs and that it is critisized for are plain jane down right ugly looks, lack of locker, shifter on right side of tank, lack of fuel fiter and front bumper that sticks out to far. As for your big bear, well I won't go there on your utility bike. They are all right if you like old school utes.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
The 27's where on the Eiger when he bought it. I am simply saying what my impression of the Eiger that I rode was. As far as the BigBear, yeah, its old school, thats why I like it so much. I bought it because its more simple and thats always a plus when It comes time to put the wrenchs on it, So far, all thats ever broke is a TieRod end though......

Old 06-27-2005, 05:19 PM
Pro Rider

IMO

#1 = BRP Outlander 400 (best in class power and handeling plus best in class IRS design)

#2 = Honda Rancher (also great quality and reliability plus the reliability of a gear drive)

#3 = Yamaha Kodiac (good power and reliability and most reliable belt drive in the bizz.)

#4 = Suki Eiger 400 ( Good all around quad at a good price)

#5 = Kawi Brute Force 650 ( Not in this class but priced like it and would be my number one choice in this price range, take one for a spin and you will know why)

Old 06-27-2005, 07:47 PM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!

Originally posted by: cc1999
IMO

#1 = BRP Outlander 400 (best in class power and handeling plus best in class IRS design)

#2 = Honda Rancher (also great quality and reliability plus the reliability of a gear drive)

#3 = Yamaha Kodiac (good power and reliability and most reliable belt drive in the bizz.)

#4 = Suki Eiger 400 ( Good all around quad at a good price)

#5 = Kawi Brute Force 650 ( Not in this class but priced like it and would be my number one choice in this price range, take one for a spin and you will know why)
Everyone keeps forgetting what the origional question is. It is not what is the best 400 class ATV, but what is the best 400 class Utility quad. Now as much fun and fast as an Outlander is, there is no way it is the top Utility quad.

Old 06-28-2005, 01:59 AM
Pro Rider

70+ % work and 30 % play then I would have ranked the honda first and made a new list of gear on gear trany quads only, however if I were planning on 30% work and 70% play I would still pic the outty 400 HO .

Old 06-28-2005, 08:14 AM
Pro Rider

What the ??????? Did I just read g1387 say he could blow away 500 with his 400 Eiger. I have a 500 which would like to say NOT A HOPE LAD NOT A HOPE

Old 06-28-2005, 02:42 PM
Pro Rider

yes I belive that he is saying that the Almighty Eiger can topple the S.P 500. I am still trying to understand what he means by blow my quad away? I really wouldnt call it little however, I have the Biggest BigBear on these Boards unless someone has recently toppled me (which is possible, I have been out for a while) and I am unaware of it. Lift Kit, Lift Springs, 28 Zilla's with 20 psi along with other mods sets it up to be one Big ol' Bear I must say.

Quick Reply: BEST 400 CLASS UTILITY QUAD?