Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

Brute force Vs King Quad

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2005, 05:11 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brute force Vs King Quad

I have been debating over which one I should get first I wanted the king then sway toward the brute then back to the king and now back to the brute [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] very hard. My riding style is like all year round, I will be using the atv for plowin and pulling freinds on sleds and havin fun in mud pits. I ride in snow and lot of mud open trials and tight woods also in a sand pit. The atv would be kept in a shed. The thing i don't like about the brute is I hear the airbox design is really bad and is debris gets in the motor it can cause lots of damage also the ti-rods are a concern. For the King Quad I hear it comes up short in the low range and has a delay. Also I hear It dives in turns and at fast speed the handling is twichy. I like to speed on the atv but I know some of you maybe be thinkin i should just get a sport but I want a 4x4 strong/ fast for mudding as well as speed. As for weather condition I live in Maine if any of those know the weather here ( the winters can be harsh ) but my honda got threw fine, will the brute cause it's also carb? If i ended up getting the king when will the 06 come out. If i got an 06 can i buy the black plastics and switch em ? If i got 4 rear maxxis 8 spokes rims will they stable the brute out ? PLEASE HELP ME I"M GOING CRAZY ! lol [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 08-18-2005, 05:49 PM
Pro Rider

I know we've beaten this debate to a bloody pulp, but just for the record, you mentioned handling being a poor trait of the KingQuad. If you think the King handles poorly, amplify that times at least two and you've got your Brute Force handling.You want good power and 4x4 ability, yet you want speed and trail agility. If you can deal with it's ground clearance disadvantage versus an IRS machine in the mud, get a Kawasaki Prairie 700.

Old 08-18-2005, 07:17 PM
Trailblazer

The twitchyness at high speeds is some thing I have heard. I have done my researched and the Brute and king appeal to me more than any other atv in all catorgys. I would like to get an IRS atv. The concerns i have of the machines I have are listed above, both the king and brute appear to have good handling.

Old 08-18-2005, 08:06 PM
Pro Rider

A Brute Force with an Elka suspension would be your solution.
If you are interested, here is Kiss of Death's BF750(or I should say BF840) equiped with Elka suspension,

http://kod.gotdns.com/index.cgi?albu...Brute_840_Camo

Old 08-18-2005, 10:17 PM
Pro Rider

Do you know how much Elka suspension costs? If you're willing to drop that kind of cash right off the bat, then by all means, get the Brute.