Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

bf750, kq700, rincon, sp800, outlander800, or grizzly?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2005, 05:26 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bf750, kq700, rincon, sp800, outlander800, or grizzly?

Originally posted by: RedGoblin
Originally posted by: spyder6

--- Yamaha Grizzly 660 because of it probebly being the best mid-priced quad avialable for varying performance and aftermarket items
Actually the KingQuad and Grizzly have the same MSRP, so that's not even a selling point. I personally would also place the KingQuad above the Polaris 700 EFI in just about every category, but just my opinion.
like i said, a tie, i didnt list them in any peticular order exept the 2 polaris' together

Old 08-23-2005, 03:01 AM
Range Rover

KQ, or Grizz...

Rincon would be nice, if it had some design modifications done to it; e.g., tranny issues. Have a friend that has a BF for sale; doesn't like it all. Plus, tie rods are a huge issue according to a lot of folk; not to mention stability, suspension, etc. Would not even consider a Polaris, AC, or Bomb for obvious reasons.

Old 08-23-2005, 05:31 AM
Pro Rider

Grizz. 800 hard miles with very little issues. I would recommend the Grizz to anyone. I don't know about the KQ. I think I would buy one if it wasn't for the Grizz. I like both, but I bought the grizz after test riding both. Smooth ride, lots of power, good looks, proven design.

Old 08-23-2005, 04:03 PM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!

Originally posted by: dshoe
KQ, or Grizz...

Rincon would be nice, if it had some design modifications done to it; e.g., tranny issues. Have a friend that has a BF for sale; doesn't like it all. Plus, tie rods are a huge issue according to a lot of folk; not to mention stability, suspension, etc. Would not even consider a Polaris, AC, or Bomb for obvious reasons.
You will have to enlighten us all with your "obvious reasons".

Old 08-23-2005, 04:33 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

must be too heavy, cuz after all, 630 pounds is alot easyer to lift off you than 760 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 08-24-2005, 02:27 AM
Range Rover

Obvious reasons =

Why buy a Kodak when I can have a Canon?
Why buy a Daewoo when I can have a Toyota?
Why buy a Ricoh when I can have an HP?
Why buy a Compaq when I can have a Dell, or an IBM?
Why buy a Samsung when I can have a Sony?
Why buy a Kelty when I can have an Arc Teryx?
Why buy a Savage when I can have a Remington?
and so on...

My point? Why buy any competitive product from a sub-par manufacturer when thinking in terms of popularity, quality, and reliability?

I'll reiterate what I mentioned in another post, in another thread under this forum site. A well-known, reputable dealer told a friend of mine just last week that under no circumstances whatsoever would he consider taking a Polaris, AC, or Bomb ATV in on trade for a new ATV. The reason being is simple: Nobody wants a used Polaris, AC, or Bomb ATV because they are not reliable and extremely hard to get rid of. That says enough for me; especially for the AC and Bomb, which are nowhere near as popular as any of the other ATV manufacturers. It's the same old shoe with Polaris: A lot of people like them and a lot of people don't like them, with no in-between. It's a well-known fact that Polaris machines have a ton of problems (a lot more than other manufacturers).

Also, who has the only 800-class big bore out on the market right now? The Polaris Sportsman 800. Why is it that in the past few months that I have been reading this site's forums that I haven't noticed much being said about that particular machine? I suspect it is because of the same issue that is surrounding the new Bomb 800. The hype comes before the release because it is supposedly the biggest and badest thing coming out. Then, everyone "oh's and ah's" over it for a few months. Afterward, all of the excitement tends to die down, and talk shifts to something else. In the end, not much is ever said about it anymore because it is old news for whatever reason.

Now, take the Grizz and the KQ for example. The Grizz has been around for how many years? And, it is still heavily talked about all over the forums in a very positive light (for the most part). The KQ has so many positive opinions going for it right now that it would be difficult not to see something posted about it (that also says a lot to me). But, why haven't we been hearing a whole lot about that Polaris Sportsman 800 lately? And, why don't the AC's and Bomb's come up in conversation as much as the Grizz's and KQ's do? Again, obvious reasons come into play... My $0.02

Old 08-24-2005, 08:19 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

ive never seen problems in selling used Polaris' the like. its not like they dont hold their value, my 7 year old sportsman 500 was resently appraised for $4500

from what ive seen japanese products dont hold their value, a perfect example is a used Harley Davidson compaired to a used Yamaha V-star. the american product costs considerably more and dosnt offer any exeptional features and is prone to break a bit now and then, while the japanese product costs considerably less, offers things like EFI, and you'll never see it drop a drip of oil. but in the end, your $22000 harley is still worth double of the japanese product, of course anyone thats out to buying will probebly make a first grab on the japanese bike becaues its cheaper, looks the same, and really dosnt act that much different. wile the true connisuer will go for the Harley

if you can understand that, then make the connection

if you dont agree with my view, thats fine, sorry for wasteing your time reading

Old 08-24-2005, 11:36 AM
Range Rover

spyder - I know exactly what you mean. You hit the nail directly on the head. It's all in the name, and the popularity/reputation that stands behind that name. Same way in the case of the Harley. The bottom line is, "Get what you want, and be happy with it." If you're not happy with it after the fact, then try to get rid of it and get something else. I'm sure you've heard the saying that "opinions are like A-holes; everybody has one." And, most of the time, everyone is a little different. Same principle here. Given what I have always heard about some ATV brands out there, I am not going to pay a comparable price for one of them when I can have something else that has a proven positive reputation (more so than others anyway). Again, just MHO...

By the way, the dealer I was referring to in my other post above is located probably not more than 40 - 50 miles from you (just across the river from Luavull).

Hey, if you take highway 53 out of LaGrange and head toward highway 42, do you know the WAVE tower that sits near that intersection? I used to hunt for several seasons on a farm adjacent to that tower and property. Nice country out there in LaGrange...

Old 08-24-2005, 04:17 PM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!

Originally posted by: dshoe
Obvious reasons =

Why buy a Kodak when I can have a Canon?
Why buy a Daewoo when I can have a Toyota?
Why buy a Ricoh when I can have an HP?
Why buy a Compaq when I can have a Dell, or an IBM?
Why buy a Samsung when I can have a Sony?
Why buy a Kelty when I can have an Arc Teryx?
Why buy a Savage when I can have a Remington?
and so on...

My point? Why buy any competitive product from a sub-par manufacturer when thinking in terms of popularity, quality, and reliability?

I'll reiterate what I mentioned in another post, in another thread under this forum site. A well-known, reputable dealer told a friend of mine just last week that under no circumstances whatsoever would he consider taking a Polaris, AC, or Bomb ATV in on trade for a new ATV. The reason being is simple: Nobody wants a used Polaris, AC, or Bomb ATV because they are not reliable and extremely hard to get rid of. That says enough for me; especially for the AC and Bomb, which are nowhere near as popular as any of the other ATV manufacturers. It's the same old shoe with Polaris: A lot of people like them and a lot of people don't like them, with no in-between. It's a well-known fact that Polaris machines have a ton of problems (a lot more than other manufacturers).

Also, who has the only 800-class big bore out on the market right now? The Polaris Sportsman 800. Why is it that in the past few months that I have been reading this site's forums that I haven't noticed much being said about that particular machine? I suspect it is because of the same issue that is surrounding the new Bomb 800. The hype comes before the release because it is supposedly the biggest and badest thing coming out. Then, everyone "oh's and ah's" over it for a few months. Afterward, all of the excitement tends to die down, and talk shifts to something else. In the end, not much is ever said about it anymore because it is old news for whatever reason.

Now, take the Grizz and the KQ for example. The Grizz has been around for how many years? And, it is still heavily talked about all over the forums in a very positive light (for the most part). The KQ has so many positive opinions going for it right now that it would be difficult not to see something posted about it (that also says a lot to me). But, why haven't we been hearing a whole lot about that Polaris Sportsman 800 lately? And, why don't the AC's and Bomb's come up in conversation as much as the Grizz's and KQ's do? Again, obvious reasons come into play... My $0.02
All I can say is WOW... By the way, did you know that Suzuki owns 42% of Arctic Cat and Arctic Cat uses Suzuki engines in almost all their ATV's... It is so funny when people talk about resale on ATV's. I don't care what you have all ATV brands sell fast. Go to nada and check out the resale values, you will see that the 2000 Honda 450 ES is worse then the 2000 Arctic Cat 500 auto.

I can guarantee you your friend is lying about what the dealer said, or that is the dumbest dealer in the world. Any dealer would take a competitor in on a trade as an attempt to switch the brand loyality of the customer and hopefully gain a repete buyer. For example, I could have gotten more on trade in for my Cat from a Polairs dealer as then the Polaris dealer would hope I come back for another ATV from him.

Old 08-24-2005, 05:44 PM
Range Rover

Catterman:

You make good points. But, then again, your first point only strengthens my opinion. If the heart of AC ATVs are produced by Suzuki, why not just go ahead and get a Suzuki (e.g., KQ) in the first place? And, for your second point, if X-brand ATV was all you ever hoped for, then why would you even need to consider looking at Y-brand in hope of trading in the X-brand? I know for certain my friend wasn't lying, but you may be right about the dealer's opinion.

Back to the topic at hand..........I still say KQ, or the Grizz. Maybe the new 06' Rincon, depending on what Honda has in store for it.

dshoe

Quick Reply: bf750, kq700, rincon, sp800, outlander800, or grizzly?