Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

BIG Bore ATV PULL RESULTS

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2005, 06:13 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BIG Bore ATV PULL RESULTS

Originally posted by: CaRider67
Yea it matters to me.
>>>>>>>>>>>&gt ;

Why??
Because I use my atv not only for play but for work also. I use mine to pull cars, trucks, 5'x8' trailer loaded etc......

Old 09-20-2005, 05:44 AM
Pro Rider

only thing i believe from the BRP vids is the drag race. There is editing too as obvious with the headlights on off in diff shots.

THey clearly steered the sp800 into the mud pit wall to slow it down and i beveive with the polaris' superior TRUE 4wd that it would have at lease pulled the sled better than the BF, same reason it did better in the mud pit...TRACTION. They all have the power to spin the wheels when stopped from a heavy load (other than the Honda??? doh!).

JIm

Old 09-20-2005, 09:14 AM
Range Rover

If you read my original post you can see that I am just a spectator and am not brand loyal, I have a Bomb right now (TRAXTER) and personally that machine is the toughest ATV built, overbuilt, but now for a second ATV I am now looking at the SP 800 as it looks just also well built. I wish I had high speed at home, i'd post it the video, but I don't so I can't.
One thing too, we were pulling extreme weight where the BOMB video doesn't seem to be really all that heavy compared to what our machines pulled at 4450 lbs. I failed to mention there was 2 brute Force 750's also, 1 with mudlits and the other with Maxxiss big horn's, so the big horn's you think should of pulled better, NOT, they couldn't get over 75 feet roughly, in the bomb video it was doing almost full pulls I think, so they weren't pulling close to what the machine's were pulling at our pull. And anyone who knows about pulling knows you don't take off like the BOMB did in the bomb video, if you start off spinning out of control your going KNOWWHERE when pulling what we did.

On the question does it matter, yes it does as some of us do pull heavy loads working and the stronger the machine the more it will pull with ease, and 2nd if your a real guy, its about bragging rights. : )

Old 09-20-2005, 10:45 AM
Pro Rider

On the question does it matter, yes it does as some of us do pull heavy loads working and the stronger the machine the more it will pull with ease, and 2nd if your a real guy, its about bragging rights. : )
>>>>>>>>>>>&gt ;

You really think between the SP and Outlander there is such a dramatic advantage by either one regardless of which brand you are loyal too??

If the video is rigged, all Polaris has to do is create their own competition and prove it. My guess is they won't....I wonder why?

MOST people aren't pulling around one ton sleds loaded with crap, this is like trying to argue whether red or green apples are better IMO.

Too many legal issues involved to rig this IMO, just sounds like sour grapes to me.

Old 09-20-2005, 10:54 AM
Range Rover

Way over a ton bud, 4450 lbs, was what we pulled. Your right about who is pulling that kind of weight, some of us might try but not very often. The rigging thing happens all the time, the old polaris website had something similar about there 4wd system, with the 3wd thing, and NO one could really prove it was rigged anyway, the guy operating the sled could slow or speed up the weight. There's many ways of doing it.
At our pull everyone owned there own machine and wanted to win this so I personally think what I seen was the best indication.

Old 09-20-2005, 11:04 AM
Weekend Warrior

Funny you posted this because I just saw a pull with the following quads. SP700, BF750, Grizz, KQ, AC650V2. There was no bomb or SP800.
1.Sp700
2.BF750
3.AC and Grizz tied (If there was an H1 it would have beat them both)
4. KQ

I was very surprised that the SP out pulled the the BF and I was also surprised at how bad the KQ did. There was also a mud run with the same quads.
1.BF
2.Grizz (very close with the SP 700)
3.SP700
4.AC
5.KQ

The BF, Grizz, and KQ all had Bi/tri claws. The SP had Vamps, and the AC had 589's. There were 2 runs and all the quads made it through except for the KQ it got stuck on the first run, but on the second it went through pretty good. If the AC had better tires it would have went through better also.

Old 10-28-2005, 10:03 AM
Range Rover

Just for the guys in the Suzuki section who had questions on the KQ 700 pulling ability. Have they fixed the bottom end power problem, I doubt it.

Old 10-28-2005, 11:53 PM
Trailblazer

Yoshimura is making a module for the 700 KQ to be released in january, which SHOULD get rid of the lag and advance the timing a bit to put the engine to where it should've been from the factory. It's also speculated that since the KQ's EFI is based off of the street bikes, yoshi will be able to do custom tuning for the KQ just like they do for the bikes (which really helps when doing mods like BBKs, cams, portwork, etc). Suzuki really hurt the KQ's initial reputation by putting that heavy lag and wimpy timing in them. That 700 is a beast dying to be set loose... the head on that engine, being heavily derived from the GSX-R engines, is absolutely wicked and ready for some TLC. I'll bet that a set of performance cams alone would yield incredible results since the ports in the head flow so damn well.

Suzuki really caught my attention with this engine, they just fell short on letting it be what it really is. Which is somewhat understandable after what happened to suzuki with the lawsuits of the late 80s and early 90s which killed the LT500 (making close to 50hp bone stock back in those days, quite impressive... wonder what it would be like today with 15 more years of development).

Old 11-17-2005, 05:59 PM
Pro Rider

What Propnut said. It all comes down to clutching and traction. Not horse power and looks.

Old 11-18-2005, 02:49 AM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

On TV I watched a Bomb 800 out pull a SP 800 and a Bomb 800 Max with two people on it out run a sp800 in a 200 yard drag race.

If I was going to buy a "big" ATV, good chance it would be the Bomb 800.

Quick Reply: BIG Bore ATV PULL RESULTS