Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

BIG Bore ATV PULL RESULTS

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2005, 03:05 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BIG Bore ATV PULL RESULTS

Thats BRP's BS infomercial!

Old 11-18-2005, 09:55 AM
Pro Rider

I saw that show also and the very next show they sold a pill that would make you lose 100LBS in 6 weeks. I am going to buy that to ,I saw it on TV so it must be true. If you watch the BRP show , watch rider input and position. Anyone that is someone knows how much a 4x4 changes when you change rider position.

Old 11-19-2005, 10:07 PM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wouldn't buy the Bomb because of the commercial or because I thought it was faster. I would buy the Outlander 800 over the others because I am even less impressed with the other big bore ATVs.

Old 11-19-2005, 11:56 PM
Pro Rider

I just wanted to add to this SENSELESS thread....
Suzuki didn't build the KQ for pulling and I didn't buy it for pulling..they built it for fun trail riding and that's what I bought it for, if I wanted a quad that could pull a house I would have gotten a Polaris 700 or 800 with it's extra 160lbs..If you added 160lbs to the KQ, fixed it's low end lag with help from Yoshimura, and put better tire on it you'd have more of a fair chance...but that would cost about the same as the Polaris so you'd be better off getting a Polaris, they are more ute than any of the other big bores. But I don't really see the point of ATV pulls..they are 1000's of pounds over the manufacture's recommended weight I would never put my hard earn ATV through that kind of senseless abuse!

AND ALL THOSE VIDEOS FROM THE MANUFACTURERS ARE GOOD ENTERTAINMENT BUT NOT GOOD FOR ANYTHING ELSE!!!!

Old 11-20-2005, 12:47 AM
Weekend Warrior

In the real world you shouldn't tow anything that weighs more than the combined weight of your ATV and rider. Unless you like getting run over by the object you are towing. Again, that's for the people residing in the real world

Old 11-21-2005, 04:45 AM
Pro Rider

The Honda can't spin the tires? I dug some pretty nasty holes in the logging road this weekend trying to pull a toyota forerunner out with my Rincon. 26inch mudlites leave a mark.

My father just recently bought a bomb 800, and after riding it I have to say it is one awesome quad. He traded in his 05 KingQuad which was also a very nice quad. The KingQuad was faster than the Rincon, no question, but that Bomb is way out in another league as far as acceleration. As far as pulling over two tons 75 feet versus 125 feet,,,,,,,,,,,,I care??

Old 11-21-2005, 12:27 PM
Trailblazer

I have to agree with propnut, the poloaris had to be clutched. I'm not saying that it isn't the best puller, but there is no way a stock quad would have that much more pulling power.

I would be interested in seeing a true test of stock quads, including the showroom tires in a pulling test. That way you know what you are getting before spending more on tires, clutching, etc.....

Old 11-21-2005, 01:29 PM
Pro Rider

LOL.. Its always fun to read these posts and watch the "experts" try to figure out what went wrong with their favorite quads. Good job Polaris.. tough. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Bryce

Old 11-21-2005, 03:45 PM
Trailblazer

I'm certainly no expert, but I have had a lot of dirt bikes, streetbikes, quads and snowmobiles.

One thing that is true in almost any case when comparing brands of similar catagories (i.e. engine size and use) is that they are all usually very close in power and speed (when stock). If you find something that blows away all other competition then it most likely has been modified.

That being said, when I read about this Polaris, I would almost be money its been moded. I have no doubt the Polaris is an awesome machine, but out of the box stock, it's not that much more awesome than any other machine out there as this video claims it to be.

Of course there are exceptions as new technology comes out with things such as fuel injection. But it usually isn't long before all brands are on board with the same technology.

Just my .02 from a "non-expert" who's been around a while.

Old 11-21-2005, 06:28 PM
Pro Rider

Hmmm seems to me that all of the quads were modified!!

All machines were of equal weight, and The Cat, Grizzly, Prairie, had ITP Mudlights, the 2 I thought would of done well was the BOMB as it had same tires as Poarlis the stock ones, and the Brute Force 750 had Big Horns on it, which should of helped I think.
Now given that all quads were modified, is it only the Polaris guy that had enough god given sense to clutch his machine properly for a pull?
Bryce