Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

2006 Rincon 700 EFI vs 2006 King Quad 700 EFI

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2005, 12:02 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 Rincon 700 EFI vs 2006 King Quad 700 EFI

Originally posted by: crblick
Originally posted by: Toyeboy
It just susprised me earlier when you said that the KQ didn't seem peppy for a 700, compare it to the Sportsman 700 EFI twin and the Grizzly 660, the KQ has more speed and power than them, so I don't know why you thought it wasn't peppy, maybe the low end lag gave you a bad impression of it, because after 0-5mph it's power pulls hard and it's powerband stays strong. Also someone on a different forum told me he had a BF 750 and his friend had a KQ, he said the BF 750 felt faster but when they drag race they were even, and they switched quad and the results were the same, so that says a lot about the KQ's 695cc single IMO. Does the new Rincon have diff lock? Does it have a better tranny setup (a low gear)? What about disk brakes instead of drums? If my sources are correct it doesn't have any of this, and everything else in this class has it including the KQ, so I don't think it is better, plus it's only 675cc.
The Rincon has a torque sensing diff. Most manufacturers have a speed sensing or limmited slip diff. A torque sensing diff will transfer power to the spinning wheel in optimum conditions. Ususally it's just as good as a locker under normal conditions. People confuse this as 3WD all the time. Honda does not use the same type of diff as is used on other quads. People assume that Honda's 4wd acts like a Yamaha or Suzuki. It does not in the least. Yamaha and Suzuki use an open diff(when not locked), Honda uses a torque sensing diff. Suzuki and Yamaha diffs are 3wd, they will go along untill contact will hold them still while the other wheel spins. Honda's diff will recognise the bias in traction and shift torque to the wheel that needs it. I'm sure people don't understand this and I'm open to questions. My only goal here is to set people straight on the Honda "3-WD". This is the practical explaination of "Trax-Loc". Any technology before this is not supported by my claim.

I have a 2004 honda rincon with about 1600 miles on it and the torque sensing front differential works when we got it new but it hasnt worked for the last 600 miles because i always notice when one tires up in the air thats the only one that spins when the one with more traction is supposed to spin

Old 09-19-2005, 12:34 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: cc1999
I cant think of any magazine shootouts putting them together. The new Raptor 350 does have an improved suspesion but still is more in the 300ex's class not the 400ex or Z400 class.
I know DirtWheels put them together and considered the Raptor to be a formidable opponent, but I'm sure many will argue that DirtWheels is a crap publication so........

Old 09-19-2005, 02:07 AM
Pro Rider

OK fine you can toss in the machines 50cc's smaller and I will toss in the machines 50cc's larger and we are back to what I said in the begining that the Z400 was mid pack. I wish you would make your point since this thread is about the new 700 EFI Rincon vs the KQ and there pro's and con's , and not the proper classification of sport quads. I realy have not cared much about sport quads in the past few years, they are just not my cup of tea anymore. So however you want to set it up to have the Z400 come out the best is fine with me. I don't have one, I don't want one, and it realy does not matter that much to me.

Old 09-19-2005, 07:59 PM
Pro Rider

Trying to get a point across because you said Suzuki is behind in class-leading products.

Old 09-20-2005, 12:45 AM
Pro Rider

Look, I have said many times Suki makes good products. But leader they are not. They were the last mfg to even come out with a big bore machine. Honda, Kawi, Polaris, and Yamaha have offered big bore quads for at least 4 years now and Suki has had there own for only 1 year, They did make a pretty good one but not realy a class leader IMO. Bomb set out to make a class leader and has IMO set a new standard that will take a while to be beat. The KQ is not realy the best at any one thig but realy good at almost all of them. Its a great quad, but not the best. Kawi has been the class leader for almost all of the last 4 years and depending on what article you are reading it still did very well against the KQ last year even with an SRA chassis. I myself given a choice and I have that choice choose to ride my Twin peaks /Prairie over the King and my SP800. Now here in a few weeks that might be going to change when my Outlander gets here but right now I still choose to ride the Twin peaks almost ever time over all the other machines we have.

Old 09-20-2005, 06:44 PM
Pro Rider

They might not be the leader of quads right now but they've been the leader in sport bikes for years so to say they aren't leaders is wrong and to say they don't make great products isn't true (ex: Hayabusa, KQ). I think eventually they will be the leader in quads as well, they recommited themselves a few years to start producing quads more like they do their industry leading sport bikes; the KQ is probably the first of many great quads they plan on building , their KQ isn't very far from the others curently availible IMO at all, they are ahead of honda and yamaha right now in the big bore quad (powerwise) and ahead of the Kawasaki's feature-wise(EFI). Also they got 6 industry awards for the KQ in it's first year, that says a lot to me, shows you that most people think the KQ is a great machine, and that the most power doesn't always mean somethings better.

Old 09-20-2005, 08:02 PM
Pro Rider

These are both very good all around quads. Both great trail machines.
I have said many times Suki makes good products
These are just some of the things I said in this thread. I do mean them. I do beleive the KQ is a great quad. I do not want to try make like its the greatest one ever designed or ever will be, because I know its not. There are allot of choices on the market today and they just keep getting better. So when a mfg see's the market going to twins and launches a big mono jug I have trouble thinking of them as a class leader. Had the KQ been at least a twin or better yet a 750 or 800 twin I would be more likely to say they were shooting for number 1 rather than good allaround like Honda seems to do. I know Suki is dominant in other 2 wheeled segments, and based on how many ATV's that are sold in this country every year I hope they take note to that and start pushing the envelope a little more. Slap a Hayabusa motor in a Vinson and watch the Sport 4x4 market stand up and take notice LOL. Hey I have two Suzuki quads in my garage right now, I know they are Kawi clones, But I like Suzuki and I realy like my Suzuki Dealer and the deals he makes me. He is also a Honda Dealer and in this particular case with all he improvements to the Honda this year I think these two machines will be in a tight race for best 700 class machine this year. I am thinking there is going to be a seperation in the Big Bore machines from 650-700 class then the 750 up class. Its just my guess on that, there really is not much point in watching the huge bore machines blow away the smaller ones IMO.