Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

linhai atv's

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2005, 07:04 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default linhai atv's

Originally posted by: spyder6
im fairly sure, i remember Dirt Wheels commenting on this company saying Yamaha owned it

if your out going to buy a new 4wheeler though, id go with the major companies (Honda, Polaris, Arctic Cat, B.R.P., Yamaha, Kawasaki)

No Suzuki, GASP!!!!

Old 09-21-2005, 11:47 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default linhai atv's

sorry, i knew when i was nameing the companys i thought i forgot one, but yes, Suzuki too

Old 09-24-2005, 09:09 AM
Range Rover
Default linhai atv's

I have a 50cc with the linhai engine/tranny in it. Bought it off ebay cheap, as I knew my kids would outgrow it fast. It was marketed as a "Durabull by Linhai" and claimed as a yamaha clone. Say what you want about the chinese knockoffs, for short money I have had problem zero with it, and it has become more than just a yard rocket... it's seen some mild trail use and my kids love it.

.02, your mileage may vary...

Old 11-18-2008, 11:41 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default linhai atv's

i have a linhai 550 4by4 right know it has 1500 miles so far no problem...i ride road and trail in canada

Old 11-21-2008, 03:34 PM
Pro Rider
Default linhai atv's

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: CraZySteve

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: rideatvs2live

Yeah, I saw a 400cc Linhai - Yamaha, and a 550 for the trail as well. Good to see something large enough to actually get some speed.</end quote></div>

Sorry to say.. Those Linhai ATV's look so much more like a Polaris ATV it isn't even funny.. when was the last time you seen a Yamaha ATV with the shift on the RIGHT side.... let alone Racks like that... Yes it would be nice to have some storage like that on our Yami's but that is a Popo deal...

I found this article / new announcement:

Link to Yamaha Multi-Purpose Engine Manufacturing Joint Venture in Jiangsu Province, China

"Yamaha Motor has reached a 3-way agreement with the Chinese motorcycle engine maker Jiangsu Linhai Power Machinery Group Corporation (representative: Lu Haimin; Taizhou City, Jiangsu Province, China) and Yamaha Motor's motorcycle manufacturing joint venture Jiangsu Linhai Yamaha Motor Company Limited, known as "LYM" (representative: Lu Haimin; Jiangsu Province), to establish a new company to produce multi-purpose engines. The agreement will be officially signed in Shanghai on August 1, 2003. "

"it will produce six four-stroke multi-purpose engine models with a maximum rating of 12 hp"

After looking at the pictures more and the video.. seems like nothing else about that ATV is Yamaha... MAYBE the engine.. but I doubt it since the Yamaha/Linhai plant is focused on small engines as stated above.. Also the Shift Lever is Polaris style all day long!

So my take is Linhai is making Hacked together ATVs using a hodge podge of parts... I bet their frames are weak as well... And they are selling them for $5300? Who would play $5300 for a no-name brand 400cc 4x4 ATV when you can spend a few hunderd more $5700 for a Polaris 400 4x4, $5800 Yamaha BigBear 400, or even $5400 for a 3 wheel drive Honda 420!

Good luck to anyone who has purchased one of these... I will however help you out if I see you broke down on the side of the trail [img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img] </end quote></div>

I replied to this thread in the Yamaha section.. so here it is.. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]