Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

Reason to not buy a Suzuki King Quad

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2005, 11:38 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reason to not buy a Suzuki King Quad

RG,

What were they doing taking parts off a brand new atv? Yep, I have been in Victory Lane a few times but when it was in Dupo, IL near the JB bridge. Since they have moved to Swansea, I haven't been there. Did you actually make the trip/trips to Columbia, MO or were they quoting you the price on the phone? Just curious to see if they tried to add on a lot of fees that make their "great" price seem "not-so-great" and then have wasted a long drive their and back.

I have heard really good things about the dealer in Nashville, IL and know 3 people that have bought their and all were happy but they don't have a Suzuki line I don't think.

Old 10-02-2005, 11:17 PM
Pro Rider

Once they admitted they were robbing parts off of it, we canceled our trip, especially after we found Victory Lane. I can tell you this, if ever it needs work we will take it to Litchfield at a place called Action Cycle. I'm not sure about their prices, but they are great guys and are really helpful.

Old 10-03-2005, 12:35 AM
Pro Rider

RG, thanks, I just went to their website. Looks like they are about an hour (may a little more) from downtown St. Louis (?)

I will be calling around for the best "no frills" price when it comes time and will keep them in mind for the purchase and service.

Old 10-03-2005, 09:41 PM
Pro Rider

Just bear in mind that at the time of our purchase, they didn't have any remaining '05's available so we didn't get a price from them. However, we did get to look at and start one and their mechanic talked to us the whole time and answered all our questions and the salesmen don't really try to jerk you around by the collar like right down the road at Niehaus. Good guys as far as my experiences with them go, but can't say a thing for their prices.

Old 10-04-2005, 12:56 AM
Pro Rider

RG,

cool, thanks... any word as to the tie rods being beefier on the '06? Just really weighing my options.....so far it sounds like a new air filter is a must, possibly tie rods, tires (after some pretty good wear on the stock tires) and at least some stick guards, winch.....eventually, and def a helmet....

this is going to be an expensive sport....

Old 10-04-2005, 06:42 PM
Pro Rider

I don't know that I'd consider the tie-rods a "must."

Old 10-04-2005, 11:39 PM
Pro Rider

RG, that is re-assuring to hear because I really don't think that I would be all that hard of a rider on my ATV.....I'd say at about average. How far do you live from the arch? Is a test drive still being offered if I am out your way?

Old 10-05-2005, 07:29 PM
Pro Rider

If you are in Greenville, I will absolutely let you ride as much as I possibly can. I live in town away from either of my 2 main riding spots. Haven't you gotten to take a test-run yet? At the very least, you can fire it up and take some hot laps in the backyard[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]I'm about an hour straight east of the gateway by the way.

Old 10-05-2005, 08:37 PM
Pro Rider

I have sent an e-mail to Yoshimura to let them know the situation with the "lag" we all experience on the bottom-end. I encourage each and every one of you who wish to get rid of it to do the same. Let them know there is a rather large market for this sort of product. They work very closely with Suzuki and chances are, they can figure it out right from big yellow themselves without breaking a sweat. Let them know you'd be willing to shell out the cash for something to kill the ignition retards on this machine and unleash the beast. Yeah, chances are it won't work, but with enough of an outcry.........well you just never know, do you?
sales@yoshimura-rd.com

Old 10-10-2005, 03:03 AM
Trailblazer

Well I bought a Red 2005 King Quad today. I rode it around on mostly flat ground after getting home seemed to have nice feel to it. The real test will be when I go down some steep trails; I hope the engine hold back will be good because that was the reason for the change.

Quick Reply: Reason to not buy a Suzuki King Quad