Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

My Eagle plow never came - Warn , CC or another Eagle?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2005, 01:59 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Eagle plow never came - Warn , CC or anothe Eagle now?

Had to cancel my American Eagle plow order for my 06 Eiger, never showed because mount was out of stock & they don't expect any soon. Been searching for another vendor as its getting to be crunch time with winter coming. All of these are within $30 - $40 in cost, so which one would you fellows suggest? I like the idea of the Eagles 2-piece mount system. You could slide off mount with the 4 carriage bolts & not loose gound clearance. Plate left on bike acted as a heavy duty skid plate.

How does the Warn & CC mounts compare as to ease of use & ground clearance? Also do you guys take plow mount off during off season usualy?

Appreciate help,
HS

Old 11-04-2005, 03:52 PM
Pro Rider
Default My Eagle plow never came - Warn , CC or another Eagle?

I have a WARN plow and mount. Had the factory install the plow. The mount goes under the front of the quad over your skid plate. They had to adjust the plastic skid plate (cut it some) to make it fit. It also uses U-Bolts which leave a little of the bolts pretruding out which can become bent if you hit a rock. Had that happen and had to brake the bolt to get it off. SO now I take the mount off for the summer and put it back on for winter. I also bought a few extra U-Bolts. It farely easy to mount the plow but I would say there is probable better designs out there but I haven't looked at any others. Don't get me wrong. The warn plow works great and gets the job done. I don't have any clearence issues.

Old 11-06-2005, 01:03 PM
Pro Rider

i have a Cycle country and it's been great....works like it should and fits good....lifts high if set right....the plow mounts don't get in the way, they bolt on to the footpeg mounts....and i am always taking the plow on and off and it's no problem, just lie down on the ground and put the pins in, then hook up the cable to the supplied strap...also...get some plow markers, they're a neat little item to have

Old 11-06-2005, 02:11 PM
Trailblazer

who didyou order from? i just ordered an eagle plow from creekside and the mount for my kingquad is on backorder but should be here this week. i live in ohio and i know about the "crunch time" thing. i got my plow and push tube in less than a week. it looks like a stout set up and the mount seems to be the best out there. if you want ; i ll let you know how it works when it comes in.

Old 11-06-2005, 02:57 PM
Trailblazer

I found another dealer with Eagle & Warn plows. Onlyatv.com Nice fellow on the phone & they had all parts in stock. I got the Eagle 50" yellow plow, push tubes, 2 piece mount & also bought 4 vbar tire chains. I'm going to be ready for all conditions. Only $35 shipping on all plows. Should have it this week. Let me know how yours turns out, I'll do the same. The dealer said the Eagle mount was very slick indeed.

HS

Old 11-07-2005, 11:00 AM
Pro Rider

your going to wish you went with the 60".

Old 11-07-2005, 12:27 PM
Trailblazer

I thought about a 60", but was a little timid about a 400cc machine & the extra weight. I've used a 48" on the old Wheel Horse tractor we had for years, & it did the job well. We are on a fairly steep slope here also. Level ground is unheard of here in WV [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Take care,
HS

Old 11-10-2005, 12:28 AM
Pro Rider

The nicest thing about a 60", is that when the blade is angled, it's cleared path is wider than the rear wheels. Thia is especially helpful when you are trying to clear snow next to a chainlink fence (as an example) <u>without</u> the rear chains getting caught in the fence. (Yes, that is from experience. Messes up the fence, and a pain to untangle!)
BTW, there is also a 56" blade available.
Whatever you choose, have a fun time!

Old 11-11-2005, 10:08 AM
irv
Weekend Warrior

eagle also has a real neat hydraulic over electric cylinder power blade
angle system. i bought one last year.they will have a new improved
one this year.--Irv Toms

Old 11-11-2005, 08:11 PM
Trailblazer

Well I got plow, push tube assembly yesterday via UPS. I had just finished putting the tube & blade together today & UPS driver delivered the mount. The mount came from a diferent warehouse. Was easy enough to put together. I ended up trimming part of that plastic skid plate that comes on Eiger's. Where front & middle section come together, I left enough to tuck under plow mounting plate & tossed the rest. Made for a nice clean fit, with no edges to grab anything. The plow looks heavy duty, very solid & well made. I'll see how it does when snow arrives. The 2 piece mount is slick & easy to use, hope its durable as well.

Only problem I have is with the winch line. When I raise plow over 5" or 6" off ground, the clamp that hold loop for hook in wire rope, rolls up past my fairlead. Then the freaking thing won't come back over the fairlead while theres tension [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] I have to lift plow some to release tension & pull it out by hand. I think an 8' winch rope or nylon strap is in order. The cable is just too much at a right angle to plow. Also with the loop, then hook, there are too many bumpy things that you can roll up too far in fairlead. I am NOT going to be monkeying with that when its cold & snowy. I will get it corrected somehow. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

HS

Quick Reply: My Eagle plow never came - Warn , CC or another Eagle?