Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

Did I get ripped off?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2005, 01:54 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Did I get ripped off?

Ski, I understand. I'll also agree with Wind in trying to exchange the fairlead for the roller type because of the hassle. It's worth a shot. It sounds like everyone is taking advantage of the Warn deal. Congrats. Hey Ski, how do you like the Vinson? I've thought of getting a companion for the P360 and have been looking at the Vinson and Eiger. Yes all you Hondamaniacs I know about the Rancher. I have everyday access to a 400AT.

Old 12-02-2005, 04:18 PM
Weekend Warrior

When I bought my BF750i, I payed 69$ for the 2.5 Warn (promo deal) and it didn't come with a mount. The mount cost me and additional 93$, and that didn't come with a roller fairlead, that cost me an additional 30! But then this is Alaska, and as anyone who lives here knows, they always charge you extra for "shipping"![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] My 54" plow, push tube, and plow mount cost me 430$
So it doesn't sound like you made out too bad there skidoog.

Old 12-02-2005, 08:35 PM
Weekend Warrior

There is no such thing as a $69 winch one way or another they will charge you a little more for the quad or will give you less of a discount on the quad price. It is a sales pitch.

Old 12-03-2005, 12:55 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: toddb
There is no such thing as a $69 winch one way or another they will charge you a little more for the quad or will give you less of a discount on the quad price. It is a sales pitch.
Most of the time I would agree with you.

06 Vinson $5899
Trade-in 2000 Foreman 450ES with 3200 miles $2967
Warn 2.5ci including mount and roller fairlead $69.95
60" blade with tubes and mount kit $340

I feel that I was treated <u>quite</u> fairly.

Old 12-03-2005, 02:26 PM
Trailblazer

One up for Idaho!

Old 12-03-2005, 04:07 PM
Weekend Warrior

I don't think it has anything to do with being treated fairly, If they were really $69 why must you buy a $6000 4-wheeler to get one or any 4 wheeler? Even a honest salesman will tell you they are getting that money one way or another. I bet you go back there after the winch deal is over and you could get that Vinson for $200-$300 less. I could be wrong but company's don't give stuff away.

Old 12-03-2005, 06:11 PM
Trailblazer

Hey WannabeaKid, I finally got a really good ride in on my Vinson Friday with Hoopie from this site. We went to the mounds and it was awesome. There was about 6" of snow to add to the fun. I was extremely impressed with what it could go through. I'm sure the Mudlite XTR's had a lot to do with it too. It has plenty of power, hardly ever had to put it in low, but it does help just to keep the navigation slow through the technical stuff. Hoopie has an Arctic Cat with the same engine and that went through some of the mud/puddle bogs a little better due to the locking diff. but I'll let him tell you what happend when he pushed it too far...LOL As for the hill climbs I would say they were about equal.

Idaho, it sounds like you got a great deal - good for you buddy, thats awesome!

As far as my deal with the winch goes, I have a $125 store credit (due to something else they screwed up) so I will have to go back and buy at least one more thing from them. When I'm there I'm going to talk to my sales guy and let him know how I feel about things. He will either make it right or he won't - I'll go from there.

Old 12-03-2005, 07:32 PM
Pro Rider

Well even if he sold you one because you didn't want to wait, doesn't mean you don't get what's coming to you. Call him up and ask him to call you when the other one comes in. You paid for it, don't let them keep it for free. Then keep whichever one is better and sell the other on ebay. If the one you paid $40 for really goes for $70, you should be able to sell a slightly used one for like $50 and end up making $10 on the part.

Old 12-04-2005, 12:18 AM
Trailblazer

HEY SKIDOOG: I don't think you got ripped off because you wanted the winch NOW! You could have waited for the promotional winch to come in (which does not come with mounting plate) but I dont blame you for being pissed about having what they call a "HAWSE" fairlead when they should have thrown in a ROLLER fairlead for your inconvience and them not having one in stock when you bought the bike THAT SUCKS. A Roller fairlead is going to cost you another $25.00 or so more, by all means get one. They help you respool your cable on your winch the HAWSE is junk. Hope this helps. Just my 2

Old 12-04-2005, 02:27 PM
Trailblazer

Skidoog, thanks for the info. Don't know what all you have had to put up with but sometimes the aggravation works itself out when they start trying to make it better. Definitely go for the roller fairlead if you can. Here's the key though if it ain't free. How much are you going to use it? However, they do look cooler.

Quick Reply: Did I get ripped off?