Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

Did I get ripped off?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2005, 09:45 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Did I get ripped off?

I bought my quad about a month ago and with it got the Suzuki promotional offer of a winch for $79. The winch was not in stock and finally last night the dealer gave me a warn 2.5ci winch but charged me $40 for the mounting bracket. He said Suzuki had the winches back ordered and wouldn't be in until Jan. 15th. If I wanted to wait it would come with the mounting bracket. I went ahead and paid the $40 just to get it now. $40 for a metal plate seems kinda steep though. Plus, the fairlead does not have rollers, its just a smooth hole in a metal plate. Is that normal?

I guess this whole winch deal did not go as expected and I'm feeling a little taken advantage of.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 12-01-2005, 09:53 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Well, I would think the dealer would have thrown in the mounting bracket. Afterall, the winch was part of the promotional. I know I have made dealers throw in some loading ramps or something and they cost way more than $40. If you know what I mean. But, that dont sound right on the roller fairlead either. I thought that was the reason why they called it a fairlead is because it had rollers on it....oh well, it might just be me. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-01-2005, 10:01 AM
Trailblazer

yeah, thats why I posted this. I feel rooked.... Usually the dealer will work with you and throw something like the mounting bracket in just to keep good business. Because of the way I feel, I don't know if I'll buy anything else from them. The $40 isn't even that big of a deal, its more the principal that they made me pay for something that should have been included.

And the fairlead thing really bugs me too. Not sure how this will work, but I'm going to be pissed if I don't like it and have to spend more money to get rollers.

Old 12-01-2005, 10:04 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Yep, exactly man. I know what you mean. The money isnt the big deal its just the way business was done. I agree that he should have thrown in something. I would refrain from doing business with that dealership if possible. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-01-2005, 12:31 PM
Trailblazer

$40 for a Warn bracket is good. They are typically $70+ from dealer. Also, you paid to get it early. "If you want it done now, it'll cost you $xx more". Dude, you got a Warn 2.5 with bracket for $119. You didn't get ripped off. You got a good deal. Now, maybe a better deal if there was more patience. I'm just as guilty. Also, I can't remember but I think most of the Warns come with the "non"roller fairlead. You got way more than what you paid for. It looks to me like they made it right and I would continue doing business with them.

Old 12-01-2005, 12:37 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those non roller fairleads are what most are going too, and are reccomended if you go to a synthetic winch rope as apposed to a cable.

Old 12-01-2005, 02:13 PM
Trailblazer

Kid, You make some good points and I understand what you are saying. Something I didn't mention was - when I bought the quad my dealer told me everything would be in within 1 or 2 days. The Plow took 3 weeks and I still wouldn't have the winch if I waited for him to call. I had to keep calling to check the status. He never told me they were back ordered until last night. I think he only gave me the Warn winch to stop me from calling (hey, whatever works...lol).

I guess its just part of doing business sometimes. Yes, I got a good deal on the winch/bracket, but not the deal I signed for. I think I would have felt better about the whole thing if he at least made an effort to call me and keep me updated (as he said he would). When you drop that much cash you expect a little better service.

Ok, I'm done compalining.... I must say, they are a convienient place to shop and have a great showroom. I won't say the name because I don't want my experience to influence anyone else's opinion of them.

Trending Topics

Old 12-01-2005, 09:57 PM
Pro Rider

when i bought my BF the dealer sold me the warn 2.5 and mount plate for $69. both were on the shelf. but none of the Kawasaki accessories were available there yet for the '06 BF 650i.

monty

Old 12-02-2005, 02:25 AM
Pro Rider

My $69.95 Warn 2.5ci winch came with a roller fairlead in the box with the winch. (No charge for a mount kit.)
60" plow blade, push tube assy, and mount kit for $340.

Old 12-02-2005, 11:30 AM
Pro Rider

If your gonna use a plow you want they roller fairleads..... The non roller fair leads won't work. The rollers will set you back about another $35. Ya I would see if your dealer will at least exchance the non roller for the roller since they should of explained that to you if you bought a plow. I got my warn winch and mounting for $79 but I had to pay for the roller....So if you can get the roller in trade for the non roller I would feel redeemed...Good Luck.

I did pay like $500 for the stupid warn plow though...should of look around first..owell goood plow but way over priced!

Quick Reply: Did I get ripped off?