Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

P360 Performance

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2005, 02:47 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P360 Performance

Hello All, I just joined this forum after reading a lots of posts and seems there is a lots of good information on here. I'm not new to atv's I use a P400 4wd and in the past went through a couple 3-wheelers. Question is does anybody use the 360 or any air cooled 4 wheeler for spot spraying at low speeds? I've been using my 400 for spraying small mesquite in our grass lands. I have to do this in the summer when the trees are growing so I was wondering about overheating while driving slow. Thanks for any and all replies.

Old 12-13-2005, 11:09 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Being retired is a hoot!
Default P360 Performance

Kenny

I have a P360 and have used it extensivly for work around the farm. I have the Swisher plow and bucket, both of which do a great job, and a Swisher Trailcutter tow behind mower. This past summer I used the machine to backfill behind a treancher while we burried a bunch of new waterline. Also did a lot of mowing and spot spraying. Temperatures ranged from the mid 80's to the low 100's during the heat of the day and the quad did not falter at any time. I know I was pushing the capability of the machine most of the time while doing the backfilling and the fan would come on for extended periods with no apparent problems showing up. Late in the summer I got concerned and added an electric fan from a junk Honda car to the front of the quad to blow air over the engine but I don't think this was really needed.

I suspect as long as you work the machine in low range you will have no problems at all.

Old 12-14-2005, 11:04 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default P360 Performance

tencubed, I appreciate your reply. The reason I'm asking is that I am considering buying another 4 wheeler.I've been using my P400 4wd for all types of uses. I to pull a 5' trail shredder.It's made by Swisher but branded Polaris. The treacherous work is spot spraying small mesquite trees in our CRP grass. It is very slow going if the trees are thick.Not much rev time. Our son sprays on a Honda 200S 3 Wheeler and he takes off occasionally just to drive and get some air across the engine because it gets pretty hot. My fan runs some when it's 100 degrees or more. Sure hot on me when the fan blows. Sometimes I wonder if a liqiud cooled with a manual might be cooler but I really like the automatic. I' looking at a 04 360 with not many miles (no speedometer or odometer though) Does yours have a speedometer and odometer on it? I' also looking at some 03 & 04 P 650s. Thanks again. Seems the 360 is highly thought of around this forum.

Old 12-14-2005, 03:10 PM
Range Rover
Default P360 Performance

I have a P360 and doubt you would have any problems with engine overheating in the described use. I have pulled ag. systems without over heating the engine. Instead the problem I had was overheating the belt. Eventually I bought a Traxter to pull the ag. system as it was just too hard on the P360 belt.

Old 12-14-2005, 09:21 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Being retired is a hoot!
Default P360 Performance

Kenny

I suspect you will have no problems with the P360 just judging from my experiance. The quad had no speedo or hourmeter when I bought the machine new. By the time I got one on it it had quite a number of hours of use so I am unsure of the actual time on the unit.

If you are really concerned about the heating problem then go ahead and hang a fan on the front and let it run full time. I just made a simple, and removable, bracket on the front rack to hold the fan. Didn't even bother to put a switch on it, just pluged it into the power outlet on the bars. Maybe you could set it so half the air blows on you.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-16-2005, 01:24 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default P360 Performance

You should have no probs with the 360. Just use LOW gear when going slow, pulling, climbing, mudding, etc and youll have no probs from your belt slipping and stuff. Good luck[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-19-2005, 07:30 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default P360 Performance

Hey, there is a plus to not having a speedo. perfect place to place my swith for my new lights[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]