Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

Snow Plow - American Eagle or Warn?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2005, 10:56 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Snow Plow - American Eagle or Warn?

I just purchased a 2005 Honda Foreman 500 2WD. I know your wondering why not a 4WD? Well I am on a tight budget, and the 2WD was $1700 cheaper than the 4WD. Most have told me that this machine will still do a decent job pushing snow as long as I add tire chains and rear weight. Any thoughts??
I am looking at either a 60 inch American Eagle or WARN straight plow. but I have considered a country style. I have been thinking that the lack of 4WD will require me to take advantage of the large size of this machine to primarily plow straight passes (not alot of stop & go) and this plow will throw the snow better. Any thoughts??
The American Eagle is heavier and looks to built better than the WARN. Any thoughts??
The WARN seem to be a little cheaper +/- $450 and the Eagle +/- $480.
I am looking for the BEST (Cheapest) deal. Can anyone recommend a place to puchase either complete system w/manual lift.
Thank you for your help!!

Watching the snow plie up in INDIANA

Old 12-21-2005, 09:04 AM
Trailblazer

i live next door in ohio. i got a 60" eagle plow for my king and it is great. i have had no problems what so ever with it. what really sold me on the eagle plow is the 2 piece mount that goes on the quad itself. the main piece bolts on permanently, and doubles as a skid plate. the other piece bolts to the first piece then the push tubes attach to the second piece. in less than a minute you are ready tp plow once the other 2 pieces are installed. come spring, in about 2 minutes you are ready to ride untill next plow season. there are no u-bolts to destroy and no less of ground clearance with this set either.

Old 12-21-2005, 11:07 AM
Pro Rider

Another vote for the eagle. I love mine.

Old 12-21-2005, 12:01 PM
Pro Rider

Another vote for the Eagle. It is a nice plow and it is very simple to install and remove. I also live 10 minutes from the manufacturer so if I have problems I can go straight to them.

Old 12-21-2005, 03:40 PM
Weekend Warrior

I just installed an Eagle (Tusk labeled) 60" country plow. Rocky Mountain ATV had it for $409 (winch lifted) with shipping included. Initial install took about 1 hour (more me sorting through tools in 10 degree weather) and subsequently goes on and off in 30 seconds (Good engineering) Works fine so far and my 500 seems to handle it OK too.

Old 12-21-2005, 03:59 PM
Trailblazer

I bought an Eagle plow 50" a few months ago & am very pleased with quality & function of plow so far. I got a yellow plow wich is easy for me to see while plowing. The 2 piece mount is very slick. You leave the main plate attached all year to quad & it acts as a heavy duty skid plate. The 2nd part of the Eagle mount is attached with 4 carriage bolts. I snapped 1 bolt while tightening. Went to local harware store & picked up a few extra, which cost me a total $0.89 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Plow goes on & off quite quickly & skids are extreme heavy duty.

I purchased mine from " http://onlyatv.com/ " Good price & were quick to deliver.

Take care,
HS

Old 11-23-2008, 02:26 PM
Weekend Warrior

Which is better the country plow or the standard? Not sure I understand the difference, except both plow snow and one is bigger at one end? Pros...... Cons...... ?

Old 11-24-2008, 04:46 AM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I wouldn't put a plow that big on a 2 wheel drive. 50 or 52"is easier to push.

Old 11-26-2008, 10:49 AM
Pro Rider

I agree with frank, stick to a 50" blade with a 2wd.

Old 11-26-2008, 11:23 AM
Weekend Warrior

I've found that country plows roll the snow, and toss it further aside on longer stretches of driveway...

Quick Reply: Snow Plow - American Eagle or Warn?