Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

Snow Plow - American Eagle or Warn?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2008, 02:28 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Snow Plow - American Eagle or Warn?

I also purchased the Tusk (labeled for RM, identical to American Eagle), plow and couldn't be happier! Bought mine back in early fall when RM was running a sale for $360 w/free shipping!

Have to agree that the 50-52" blade would be best for you and if you have a long drive the country plow will throw/roll the snow better with your 2x4 and some speed...keep in mind this type of plow is more limited in working best in one direction

Old 12-28-2008, 06:11 PM
Pro Rider
Default Snow Plow - American Eagle or Warn?

I have a 54" warn plow and I'm very happy with it
For a2 wd I wouldn't get a 60"

Old 03-16-2014, 09:36 PM
Weekend Warrior

Page 2 of 2<12

Spam word

LinkBackSpam word Thread ToolsSpam word Search this ThreadSpam word Rate ThreadSpam word Display ModesSpam word

Spam word #11Spam word (permalink) Spam word Spam word Spam word Spam word

Spam word 12-02-2012, 02:08 PM

nomadgjSpam word

Spam word

Member #32395

Feedback Score:Spam word 0Spam word reviews

plow conditions

You make good points , if you are just doing your drive way and a sidewalk a blower is cleaner. But if you are doing a block of sidewalk and cleaning up the entire block near the curbs where the city doesnt plow a blower aint going to cut it. I just sold a 03 sportsman 700 I bought new that I plowed almost every year in Utah. It had 980 miles on it and no problems low miles for the year but hard ones. Sure it wears it but thats what I bought mine for. Elk hunting and snow plowing. I go my moneys worth out of mine. I just got an 05 800 with 180 miles on it. It just sat in their garage and they didnt use it. They didnt get their moneys worth. But then again they may think they did.
Watch your wallets Obamas back.

Spam word Spam word

Spam word #12Spam word (permalink) Spam word Spam word Spam word Spam word

Spam word 12-02-2012, 04:58 PM

StealthLESpam word

Extreme ATV Enthusiast

Spam word

Member #30811

Never used the Eagle plows but I have used under mount plows (swisher). Hated it. When Polaris came out w/ the Glacier system I jumped on it and have been using it for 5 years now. Quick attach/detach no bolts to mess with just slip on the plow and clip in the winch.

Spam word Spam word

Spam word #13Spam word (permalink) Spam word Spam word Spam word Spam word

Spam word 12-02-2012, 05:44 PM

joyriderSpam word

Polaris ATV Junkie!

Spam word

Member #25196

I don't like the idea of the front mount quick connects for the reason that the front end is taking all the twisting and jarring of the plow. Went with a belly mount 54" Eagle plow. Mounts to the heaviest/ strongest portion of the quads frame. Couple extra minutes to hook up but I'm not wondering if anything is getting damaged up front. The Polaris plow sort of mounts to both areas but the blades appear to be light weight and thin gauge steel. Eagles are heavy duty quality .

-Polaris Fr+Rr Brush Bumpers.
-Polaris Fr+Rr Rack Extenders.
-Polaris 2500 lb Winch, w/Amsteel Blue, Hawse Fairlead, and Hook Stop/ Fairlead Protector.
-Polaris Hand Guards.
-Tusk Heated Grips/Thumb Warmer.
-Ricochet A-ARM Guards (Fr+Rr).
-Kolpin Dually 3" LED's on Front Brush Bumper (floods).
-Coleman Canvas Rear Seat/Luggage Bag.
-Rear Foot Rests/Fender Guards .
-Eagle Snow Plow,Belly Mount W/ 54" Blade.
-Polaris Xenon Bulbs in High+Low Headlights.
-Kolpin Quick Detach Mirror.
-Rotopax Fuel Cells - Two - 1 gal containers on Front Rack.
-Sedona Ripsaw R/T's (25-8-12 ,25-10-12) Mounted on ITP- SS312's. (12x7, 4/156/4+3) .
-Kimpex Fender Flares .
-Kolpin 3 Way Hitch.
-Foot Well Skid Plates with Attached Nerf Bars.
-QSC Clutch Kit.

Spam word Spam word

Spam word #14Spam word (permalink) Spam word Spam word Spam word Spam word

Spam word 12-03-2012, 05:57 PM

M10A3Spam word

Spam word

Member #32193

The 48" snow country plow I had rusted like crazy from the salt on the road and driveway but my 03 sportsman 400 plowed like crazy for 10 years with no issues.

Front and Rear Rack Extenders
Hand Grip and Thumb Warmer

"SOLD" my faithful 2003 Sportsman 400Spam word
2000lbs Winch
Snow Country Plow

Spam word Spam word

Spam word #15Spam word (permalink) Spam word Spam word Spam word Spam word

Spam word 12-03-2012, 07:11 PM

MustBeNiceSpam word

Polaris ATV Legend

Spam word

Member #29059

I've always ran belly mount plows, as I too didn't like the idea of all the weight, twisting, turning and force being placed on the front end components and frame area. Yes the weight is still on the front when lifted, but it's generally all bolted to and pushed/forced from the strongest part of the frame as mentioned prior. Rusting blades..... nature of the beast, one could say. But it sure is quicker and easier on the back than shoveling or blowing. I generally fire up my shovel and snow thrower (Arien's Platinum Deluxe 30" Snow THROWER..... not a Blower!!) first, to clean up the parimeter and narrow side walks. Than do all the "heavy lifting (pushing) with the plow. If needed I'll run the thrower past the edge in "road gear" to clean up the "fall" from the plow if needed. I have a crushed asphalt driveway, so I don't get to concerned about plowing it off to super clean. But do have the thrower set up to clean down to the concrete sidewalk so very little shoveling is required!!

The "Winter Snow Removal Team":

2012 POLARIS SPORTSMAN 800 EFI (INDY RED)
Spam word Polaris 2500HD Winch - Glacier 3 60" Plow System - Front & Rear Rack Extensions - Front & Rear Bumper/Brush Gaurds - Low Profile Windshield - Warning Decals Debadge - 3 Way Head Light (Relay) - Homemade "Lock&Ride" Tie Downs - Coleman Rear View Mirror - Kolpin KXP Rhino Double Gun Rack - Madd Dog Chainsaw Holder - Kolpin Rear Seat/Storage Box - Kolpin Fuel Pack Jr - 26" ITP Mud Lite Tires

2005 POLARIS SPORTSMAN 400 (SONIC BLUE)Spam word
Spam word Warn 2500 Winch - Polaris Hand Guards - WES Ind. Rear Seat/Storage Box - Shift Interlock Delete - Coleman Rear View Mirror - Front & Rear Bumper/Brush Gaurds - 25" Kenda K590 Tires

Son's: 2012 TaoTao 125D (BLUE/BLACK)

Past Machines:Spam word
His/Then Hers: 2000 Honda Rancher 350 ES 4X4 - Red (SOLD)
His: 2005 Honda Foreman 500 ES 4X4 - Red (SOLD)

Daily Drivers:
His: 2009 Chevrolet 2500HD Crew Z71 4X4 6.0L
Her's: 2007 GMC Yukon Denali AWD 6.2L

Spam word Spam word

Spam word #16Spam word (permalink) Spam word Spam word Spam word Spam word

Spam word 12-05-2012, 09:01 AM

BowHuntnFoolSpam word

Spam word

Member #28995

I have thew Gen II Eagle plow (front mount) and love it. I have used this to push snow, dirt and have had zero problems. Had to purchase a new mount plate last month because I had it mounted to a 08 Grizzly 700 and sold it to get a 12 Ranger 800. Put the new plate on my 08 Sportsman X2 and I am looking foward to some snow. Love the fact I can remove or hook up the plow inabout 5 seconds. I will say the Grizzly mount seemed a little more stout with the plate attaching to the frame and underside and the sportsman mount plate attaches to the skid plate only.

Spam word Spam word

Spam word #17Spam word (permalink) Spam word Spam word Spam word Spam word

Spam word 12-05-2012, 10:07 AM

pbedroskeSpam word

Spam word

Member #20807

Quote:

Originally Posted bySpam word BowHuntnFoolSpam word

I have thew Gen II Eagle plow (front mount) and love it. I have used this to push snow, dirt and have had zero problems. Had to purchase a new mount plate last month because I had it mounted to a 08 Grizzly 700 and sold it to get a 12 Ranger 800. Put the new plate on my 08 Sportsman X2 and I am looking foward to some snow. Love the fact I can remove or hook up the plow inabout 5 seconds. I will say the Grizzly mount seemed a little more stout with the plate attaching to the frame and underside and the sportsman mount plate attaches to the skid plate only.

I have the same plow system. However, I did have a break with it. I was knocking down weeds and slammed into a stump shearing a bolt holding the quick connect. I lost the quick connect in the weeds somewhere. I contacted Eagle and they send me replacements no questions asked! Moral of the story - watch out for stumps!

Spam word Spam word

Spam word #18Spam word (permalink) Spam word Spam word Spam word Spam word

Spam word 12-05-2012, 10:19 AM

Lollygagger77Spam word

Polaris ATV Junkie!

Spam word

Member #19655

I had the original Glacier plow for the last 7 years and it worked like a champ and had no issues with the ATV (always plowed 4x4 low) or rusting (besides a bit of the bottom of the blade) so that worked awesome, I recently went with a Warn plow just due to price and a taller heavier blade to move some of the wet snow we get and it seems like a pretty sturdy design. I do have to shovel up along the entrance way but I can get 3 driveways done before my neighbor snowblows (throws) their one driveway... Plus they can't whip donuts in the street and fly up and down the road, so to me plowing is more of an excuse to ride the wheeler than anything else, bring on the snow!!! Sorry got a little off topic....Spam word

PS I agree with everyone else, don't get the country plow for the reasons mentioned by others. And make sure and go as wide as possible (60" Min)

-3500# Polaris winch with Rope
-Polaris Front Brush Guard
-Polaris Lock n Ride rear storage
-60" Warn ProVantage Plow
-Symtec Hand Warmers
-K&N Air Fliter
Old Machines:
2006 Sportsman 800 EFI, 2005 Sportsman 700 Carb, 2004 Sportsman 500HO Carb, 2000 Sportsman 500 Carb

Spam word Spam word

Spam word #19Spam word (permalink) Spam word Spam word Spam word Spam word

Spam word Today, 06:23 PM

smits25uSpam word

Spam word

Member #42583

Do Not buy an eagle plow!!

I bought an eagle plow front mount for a 550 xp in November of 13. By Feb of 14 the mount was rusted, the push tube is rusted and paint is peeling off the blade. This thing is garbage. I contacted eagle and they told me it was because I trailered the plow and the road salt caused the rust and I should spray the salt off. 1. Once the snow flew the plow never left my driveway. 2 it's a city driveway. Wasn't much plowing 3. Spray off the plow in a Wisconsin winter??? Well they wouldn't fix but they said I could send the plow back on my dime and they would give me a 50 percent refund. I argued and they said they would do full refund, that was 2 weeks ago and I haven't heard from them since. I tried calling Heather the woman I was working with and she hung up on me. I wish I had gone with the Polaris plow. Eagle's customer service is the worst I have ever seen or heard of!

Old 03-29-2014, 10:52 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default American Eagle FAIL

I purchased an Eagle Gen II system less than 6 months ago for my Yamaha Grizzly 450 non-EPS. I'm REALLY disappointed. From the day I received it, I found and continue to have problems. The blade was damaged due to improper shipping protection. Upon assembly, I found that the manufacturer had assembled parts with an impact gun that should NOT have been assembled and required me to disassemble the pivot and locking pin to assemble the push tube properly. The quad mount had the wrong size bolts included in the packaging. The mount just recently broke a rear bolt,the weld failed and the mounting ear bent. I did not strike anything and was only plowing 2 inches of snow when I heard the pop. After contacting them, they promised replacement but dropped the ball. Contacted them again. They shipped out a defective mount that was missing welds that connect the tabs on either side. Contacted them AGAIN. Dropped the ball. Jeff Hough said HE would inspect the mount prior to shipping (since he was the designer) and send it out with a call tag for the defective mounts to be returned. After not receiving any info about tracking or it being shipped, I contacted him again. He dropped the ball AGAIN. The shipping person never inspected the mount to make sure the welds were there. (Wait! I thought you said YOU would check it?) Gave me the wrong tracking info. Today I see Fedex pull up unexpectedly. He dropped a box but left before I could get outside and didn't pickup or leave a pickup ticket for the earlier defect. Failed AGAIN. Open the box....you guessed it. Missing the welds. Last conversation Jeff had said he would ship ANOTHER mount after he inspected it since he didn't know whether the mount his shipping person sent out had the welds. Well, here I sit, waiting for another mount. Hoping it's manufactured properly and gets here soon. I have back issues as I told Jeff, hence the reason I plow, because I can't shovel. We've already had 2 storms since the initial break, one being the single largest snowfall in 24 hours this year, with us hitting over 18 inches in that day. Now, we have a 3rd storm coming in and still no plow. Also, the wear bar has worn quite a bit and will need to be replaced before next season. One wear bar per season?? Kinda ridiculous. And you can't flip it like on a full size truck plow. Lastly, when I removed the quick mount and blade (push tubes), apparently they are designed poorly because they rub on the ground and will eventually fail due to the metal being scraped thin. The unit squats some with the plow on, but not that much. And I only weigh 160. What happens with a guy 225? They must really get damaged. And the warranty is a year? I'll be lucky if I make it through next season in one piece. Don't waste your money or the time it takes to install this.

Old 03-30-2014, 06:44 AM
Weekend Warrior

This is the heavy, wet snow that fell overnight...Thanks American Manufacturing & Eagle Plows for really screwing me. You’ve dropped the ball over 4 X on my defect plow
http://t.co/THIXDvhsOQ

Last edited by NyGregg; 03-30-2014 at 08:11 AM. Reason: bad link
Old 03-30-2014, 08:03 AM
Pro Rider

Always been happy with my Moose Plow. Bought it new with my Prarie in '98, no cracks or broken welds or anything and different sizes and configuations of blades now. Had Country Cycle blade before that and it was ok, but this Moose is built heavier I can tell.