Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

Train Tracks Experiences?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2006, 12:02 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Train Tracks Experiences?

jeep verses train

Old 01-15-2006, 01:22 PM
Pro Rider

I wouldn't do it! I have been trained and studied accidents where people were walking on the tracks and a train comes up from behind and kills them. There is something about how sound travels through train tracks that makes it very hard to hear the train coming. Now these are people who are walking not riding an ATV. In So Cal they had a local Police Officer killed the same way while investigating a train related incident and had a tv program talking about how you can't hear trains. If I was going to kill myself, I wouldn't do it that way, too many people would be affected.

Old 01-15-2006, 06:51 PM
Weekend Warrior

it takes a train goin 55 mph over a mile to stop imagine if u got hit that would be the longest mile of your life (probably the last one too)

Old 01-15-2006, 07:00 PM
Weekend Warrior

a penny can de rail a train yes because there are certian vibarations almost like frequency waves if u set a penny in the right spot it will mess up those vibrations and possibly de-rail a train and they also ight fly out going faster thana bullet there are actual reports of this happening

Old 01-15-2006, 07:04 PM
Pro Rider

i ride train trax, but they were removed in 1968. i ride them for miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiles.
but i did get in a accident with a yz426. he hit me going about 70mph... and that messed up my quad. i dont wanna think about a train.

Old 01-15-2006, 08:42 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

Originally posted by: bigred225
a penny can de rail a train yes because there are certian vibarations almost like frequency waves if u set a penny in the right spot it will mess up those vibrations and possibly de-rail a train and they also ight fly out going faster thana bullet there are actual reports of this happening
yeah right!!!!

apparently you have never done this before

Old 01-16-2006, 02:32 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Bing
jeep verses train
wow, not sure why they didnt get out..defently had time, but thats not the point..it defently lookd like 2 bodies laying there, one in front smashed and one in the back still in the jeep....NASTY!!!

Old 01-17-2006, 06:04 AM
Pro Rider

What a thread. Ya, riding on the train tracks is stupid and illegal so don't do it.
Unfortunately, we do stupid things all the time. Sometimes we get away with it and sometimes we don't. I could tell you stories of riding on the tracks but I think I'll take the mature route and just say it wasn't worth the thrill and excitement or the time we saved getting home.
But on the other hand, I know for a fact that there is at least one of you do gooders that think nothing of drinking a 6-pack of beer on a 3 hour trail ride.
In the words of Forrest Gump's momma, "stupid is as stupid does".

Old 01-17-2006, 10:38 AM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: Starky
What a thread. Ya, riding on the train tracks is stupid and illegal so don't do it.
Unfortunately, we do stupid things all the time. Sometimes we get away with it and sometimes we don't. I could tell you stories of riding on the tracks but I think I'll take the mature route and just say it wasn't worth the thrill and excitement or the time we saved getting home.
But on the other hand, I know for a fact that there is at least one of you do gooders that think nothing of drinking a 6-pack of beer on a 3 hour trail ride.
In the words of Forrest Gump's momma, "stupid is as stupid does".
Only a 6 pack? In Wisconsin a 6 pack is just getting warmed up for most people. However, I am of the mind set that if you are going to be driving anything, don't drink. It isn't worth it. My father is a EMT and I have been with him to help "clean up" the result of driving something drunk. One call, they gave me a bag and some gloves and told me to go look for missing pieces. Experiences like that tend to stick with you, and shape the decisions that you make. This particular call was a sports car that came flying over a hill into a blind intersection and ended up going underneith the back half of a semi trailer and getting squished. Not a pretty sight. I can just imagine what a train would do to a ATV

Old 01-17-2006, 10:49 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Starky

"But on the other hand, I know for a fact that there is at least one of you do gooders that think nothing of drinking a 6-pack of beer on a 3 hour trail ride."
Not me, never had a beer in my life.