Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

How to leave your ATV alone in the woods

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2006, 01:36 PM
Range Rover
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default How to leave your ATV alone in the woods

Originally posted by: kawiloverchris
What! You made fun of me!"sigh" owell i dont kare.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
I thought you were making a joke, so I laughed. Someone said your post was a bad example of spelling and grammar and you responded

"Sarry about that.I was getting fustrated.Do you kno wat I said?If you dont then just email me i gusse."

^^^ Your response was worse than the original post. I thought it was a joke since your obviously capable of better than this, why don't you try a little harder. It gets easier the more you spell correctly.

Didn't want to offend, I make mistakes all the time.

I have an idea, let's drop it.

Old 01-31-2006, 04:08 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ride illegally all the damm time, pretty much anytime I ride somewhere it's illegally /shrug

The forest service hasn't really given me any options other than "RV Parks" where you find all kinds of people all riding in a cramped area inclosed by fencing. This isn't why I bought a 4x4 quad and I'll be dammed if I'm gonna ride in those places. I live in WA state on the eastern side by Idaho, it is very rural here and I cannot "legally" ride my quad on forest service land anymore. I always have the proper stickers but evidently they closed down pretty much everything to off road vehicles. Now we need street legal vehicles in order to ride state and federal lands.

This pisses me off, and I refuse to comply

so up yours if you think I should ride only in a legal manner

http://www.fs.fed.us/recreation/programs/ohv/final.pdf

Old 02-03-2006, 09:28 PM
Trailblazer

yea ramsey sells them (wireless winch remote) for their winches and several other brands too.

Old 02-03-2006, 09:52 PM
Pro Rider
Buy it now, explain it to the wife later!

When I leave my quad I simply pull the keys and apply the parking break, I lock the parking break lever to the mandle bars with a longneck lock.

Old 02-21-2006, 12:15 PM
Weekend Warrior

jcheil,

You can get one off the internet, superwinch makes one I know! You just have to have a selonoid. It runs off of that. around a 50$ upgrade I think!

Good Luck!!

Old 02-21-2006, 04:05 PM
Pro Rider

I wouldn't trust my wheeler in a tree on a superwinch winch!

Old 02-21-2006, 04:14 PM
Weekend Warrior

I assure you he didn't have a warn either. They are over rated. I have burned to many up trying to get unstuck. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Warn winches cost way to much! Superwinch makes a cheap replacement to a high dollar-battery eating warn..

Old 02-21-2006, 04:37 PM
Pro Rider

I love to ride on the roads. The cops around here can't catch us. We have been doing it so long we are good at it.

Another place I ride has a long gravel road that goes to it. The land on both sides are owned by some one else but we ride there anyways. They don't care as long as we don't tear it up. They had it leased to some hunters this last year and they were there when it wasn't season one time. They tried to get on there atvs and chase us down but I was on my BF and my Cuz was on his KFX. I think they had a Grzz and a couple of Hondas. They had no chance in he11 of catching us. They got kicked off because the owner wanted to sell it. Now we own it. They asked us if they could keep leasing it and we just laughed. We drove our bikes over there again when they were getting their crap off and they got pissed when they realized they had chased us off before. It was kind of funny. They were snobby A$$ Holes anyways.

Old 02-21-2006, 11:06 PM
Pro Rider

heh

Old 02-26-2006, 09:50 AM
Trailblazer

Superwinch makes the wireless remote switches. I just put one on my Rubicon. I got mine from Northerntool.com about $180.00 for the kit with the remote and a handlebar switch or the other kit is about $130.00 if you already have the switch and the contactor box for your winch.

Quick Reply: How to leave your ATV alone in the woods