Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

Don't take your quad to Canada

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2006, 04:31 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Don't take your quad to Canada

You dont have to go around sayin bad things about other countries because somebody stole your sh**. Hell if that was the case i would say never come to the U.S., crime is alot worse here. Everyplace has there trouble spots.

Old 02-19-2006, 09:02 PM
Pro Rider

OK weedman. Lets just say I am a little angry at the moment, not so much beacuse they got stolen as there are bad people who steal everywhere. What makes me really angry is the the police in Terrabonne dealt with it like someone stole my bycicle. Two GMC 2500 Diramax diesels, two 14ft enclosed trailers, two Grizzlies, two Rincons, one SP700EFI and MY Prairie 650. All quads had windshields and rear cargo carriers on them.

IN Quebec grand theft auto is not a felony so there is no insentive for people to get real jobs, its easier and not that dangerous to steal for a living. These thieves walked with $140,000 worth of gear and all the police could say was I'd call your insurence company if I were you.

I live in NH where I dont lock the doors in my house and leave the key's to my truck in the ignition when I am home.

I am sorry for generalizing in my CANADA coment as from all I here all the problems are in the Peoples Republic of Quebec, the rest of Canada is very friendly and safe.

So do yourself a favor and stay away from Quebec.

Old 02-19-2006, 10:07 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: sammydogs64
OK weedman. Lets just say I am a little angry at the moment, not so much beacuse they got stolen as there are bad people who steal everywhere. What makes me really angry is the the police in Terrabonne dealt with it like someone stole my bycicle. Two GMC 2500 Diramax diesels, two 14ft enclosed trailers, two Grizzlies, two Rincons, one SP700EFI and MY Prairie 650. All quads had windshields and rear cargo carriers on them.

IN Quebec grand theft auto is not a felony so there is no insentive for people to get real jobs, its easier and not that dangerous to steal for a living. These thieves walked with $140,000 worth of gear and all the police could say was I'd call your insurence company if I were you.

I live in NH where I dont lock the doors in my house and leave the key's to my truck in the ignition when I am home.

I am sorry for generalizing in my CANADA coment as from all I here all the problems are in the Peoples Republic of Quebec, the rest of Canada is very friendly and safe.

So do yourself a favor and stay away from Quebec.

hey buddy not all of quebec is bad i leave everything open heck i park my fourwheeler outside with the key in it same with my ski-doos and truck you just were in a bad part not all of quebec is bad there are alot of sweet trails don't tell people not to come here because somthing bad happened to you, your a idiot if you left your keys in your ignition in a place that you never been too, i can see your angry but don't put down where people live and there are alot more worse places in the states then quebec.

Old 02-20-2006, 01:32 AM
Weekend Warrior

Montreal is a big town.. much like toronto and such. more crime. But did they break into your trucks and drive off with them? did u leave u'r keys in there? did u report the theft right away?

Because 2 big trucks with trailers would be quite noticeable to people/officers in the area. They would have taken the info, passed it on to the officers on the road and to nearby police forces, and everyone would have been looking out for these veh's.

Veh's wouldn't be reregistered as the licensing office would see that these veh's were stolen. any veh without registration would be checked against police information systems to see if they were.

the kicker is this... we are hearing your side of the story, but that's a very narrow view. Perhaps the officers comments might be a reflection of how you were treating the police there in montreal area. I am picturing you blowing up because they told you it wasn't a felony (but it would be under the criminal code.. different name, means the same). the officers losing patience because they are getting yelled at by irate americans. I dunno.. all assumptions here, but it's still a one sided argument.

I don't want to go to Quebec anymore? then don't. I'm sure they will survive without you.

BTW- did u really need 2 posts to bad mouth canada?

Old 02-20-2006, 06:14 AM
Pro Rider

First of all, no one left their keys in anything while in Quebec, I leave my keys in my CAR when in New Hampshire (please read). Second, everyone was in shock and very calm, the whole morning, it wasn't until we were driving home in rental cars talking to border officials and in restaurants did we here of all the hundreds of stories like ours. Visitors to the province of Quebec who come to spend their hard earned money in your country who walk away with nothing!!!!!

The police officer was not rude she was no responsive and very cavalier about the whole incident. Myself and my whole crew of 30 - 40 year old professionals treat all people with respect.

The only side of the story is our stuff got stolen, maybe we can here the thief's side if it makes you happy.

I am leaving this at that, no more debate as I am just trying to prevent this from happening to anyone else, again I will say "Do not go to Quebec four wheeling or snowmobiling).

By the way, the very organized thief had the OnStar disabled within 1 hour. This was not an isolated insident and to dismiss is just encoureges more of this behavior. You people from Quebec on this board should be more angry than me over this passive attitude toward crime only makes your quality of life worse.

Old 02-20-2006, 12:19 PM
Pro Rider

That sounds like organized people. I don't know how you would disable Onstar, not much good is it? I know how you feel though, when I drive through there, I fill up and drive completely through the province. It isn't a tell-tale sign of Canada though, it's a big city crime thing like every other major city in North America. I think it's the powerlessness of it all. The cops there are idiots unless you're running Quebec plates, I personally think they're on the take, particularly in and around Montreal. If I were you, I would get the address and write Montreal City hall, put some pressure on the politicians, maybe your trucks will turn up if you get the process rolling and put some pressure on the cops. Start steppin' on toes and people start squealing.
Another place to write is Quebec tourism, they DEFINETELY don't want this kind of negative PR, and they themselves might be able to pull some strings. It's not about getting mad now, it's about using whatever leverage you can to get your property back. Good luck man, hope it turns out well for you.

Old 02-20-2006, 06:00 PM
Pro Rider

you people are preally pissing me off not all of quebec is a bunch of theves hell i heave my fourwheeler in my front yard with the key in it after i wash it to leave it dry and no one touches it you should just put down the place in quebec you were at because it really isnt a bad place, also cars and fourwheelers get stolen all the time no matter where you go I guess New Hampshire is a bunch of perfect people huh?

Old 02-20-2006, 10:47 PM
vj
Range Rover

i guess thats what happens when you guys don't take our cows for 2 and a half years, give or take[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] nah i feel for you man. you'd think 2 big rigs like that someone would see them or something. but if they disconnected the OnStar within an hour they must be experienced.

Old 02-20-2006, 11:02 PM
Pro Rider

come on VJ you can't blame us for not taking your cattle you guys are the ones that keep giving your cows mad cow disease. but then again right where i live i guess we keep giving our cows Bobine TB lol

Old 02-20-2006, 11:08 PM
vj
Range Rover

haha, weez you're a good guy. where i live i think all the animals have TB. haha kidding. but its pretty bad in deer, elk, and some cows. weez you said you only live 7 miles from the manitoban border..where abouts? i only live about 35 or so miles from the border also. interesting...

Quick Reply: Don't take your quad to Canada