Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

which slip on exhaust to use?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2006 | 05:59 PM
|
Pro Rider
Default which slip on exhaust to use?

I wanna do some fun little mods on the Grizz and am wondering which slipon to use?

So far I'm thinking FMF Powerline or Supertrapp I.D.S.-X

problem is I don't know which would work better and which would make it LOUD! I don't want a loud bike!

A low snarl like that sexy AC650v2 sound! I know I can't make the sweet sound of a twin but something along those lines [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

(easy v2rider, don't get all wooded up!)

Old 03-28-2006 | 06:47 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Check out the Big Gun with the quite core I have heard they are great and that you don't have to jet it if you don't want too.

Old 03-28-2006 | 06:52 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Athens Archery Field Staff
Best lunch hour ever!

The HMF utility series with quite core sounds real good IMO. If you take it out, it gets a little loud. I got some good gains with my set-up. You should look at some clutch mods, a jet kit, and an air filter. Just my 2 cents. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-28-2006 | 06:55 PM
|
Pro Rider

Well I got a K&N filter and Dynojet kit enroute!

First mods I've ever done to this Grizz [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Next in line is gonna be the stock muffler mod (bigger endcap drilled baffles) that way others won't be able to tell that I've done anything to it.

Also in line is a snorkel kit. I like to play in the deep stuff! So this is gonna be a nice thing.

Old 03-28-2006 | 07:55 PM
|
Pro Rider

auctually I think I will get a slip on like HMF

That way if it's loud I can always throw my stocker back on for the hunting season.

So it'll be K&N, Dynojetted, HMF slipon, snorkel kit, and soon a clutch kit when I can get my wife to let loose of a few bills for a set of Mudlite radial XTR's with ITP 14" black wheels [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-28-2006 | 09:17 PM
Range Rover

Hey DD I have done some mods to my exhaust as well. I took a band saw to the four inch piece pipe on the inside of the tail cap, then took a grinder and smoothed over the area where I cut it, rolled it real nice with a air grinder with a small tip, my neighbor has a engine building shop, I have access to all kinds of tools. It definitley helped my low end torque. My question is what did you mean buy drilling the baffles? It maybe something I want to do. Mine is still pretty quiet, so a little more noise would be ok, and anything to help performance wise would be nice, without buying a new pipe.

Old 03-28-2006 | 09:23 PM
|
Pro Rider

I read it on here but have not done it myself

What I read was you take the end cap out and the tube your talking about then look up in the exhaust and you'll see some baffles...you need a long drill bit (they was using 1/2 inch) then drill it full of holes, one dude did 6 another said 10, so I guess it doesn't much matter just whatever you feel like..

I would think you could also drill larger holes yet, a 3/4 inch hole should move more air than 2 holes 1/2 inch.

Old 03-28-2006 | 09:25 PM
|
Pro Rider

how much of the tube did you cut off btw?

All of it? If so then I'd prolly get one of those end caps off Ebay or weld on your own 2" tail pipe

Old 03-29-2006 | 12:33 AM
Range Rover

I cut off the whole thing, I will check the baffle in the front of the pipe. Ihave some long drill bits. Thsnks

Old 03-29-2006 | 12:52 AM
|
Pro Rider

lol

I feel like I just sicked the mad scientist on some poor homeless dude.

Quick Reply: which slip on exhaust to use?