Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

utility quad races

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2006 | 10:13 AM
|
Pro Rider
Default utility quad races

Hey guys,

Has anyone ever tried racing on a track with their utility cause our local track is supposed to open up this class this year.

www.pymatuningholeshotraceway.com

Old 04-10-2006 | 10:35 AM
Weekend Warrior

i've taken one around a track a few times its kinda strange its nothing like a sport quad. and good luck trying to double. table tops are fine cause if you land short it dosn't matter. and whoops ya they are going to be really hard on a utility.

Old 04-10-2006 | 11:21 AM
|
Pro Rider

Not sure what the track Ill be like cause it is gonna be one of the 3-4 tracks they will have this year......should be designed for that type...

Old 04-10-2006 | 02:48 PM
Pro Rider

dang, the amount of setup required would be phenominal

Let's see, what do we need to do to prep one of these things......
never mind, racing a Ute is just a quick way to tear it up

no thanks

Old 04-10-2006 | 04:46 PM
|
Pro Rider

Yah

after 1 trip around I'd prolly want a race quad....

Old 04-11-2006 | 05:21 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Nothing like running a 600lb Utility around the race track [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
This is me on my Rincon and my brother on his Scrambler. Both are stock..
This is the most fun we've had riding so far.

Pacific Raceways - Rincon
Pacific Raceway - Scrambler
Pacific Raceways - Both
Pacific Raceways
Pacific Raceways

Old 04-11-2006 | 09:02 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Not for me. I will race anyone on a straight run, but not with the whoops, and 90 degree turns. My top end will beat most sport quads, but in a track, i would get smoked from turns and whoops

Old 04-14-2006 | 12:59 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah,I would race either in a drag,harescramble or mud bog maybe even a hill climb

Old 04-14-2006 | 01:27 PM
Pro Rider

Now that would be a good idea

A race track designed for Utes...hmmmm

It would be a standing dead engine start....

1) first thing in the track would be a tight obsticle course, poles planted in the ground to resemble trees, you'd have to manuvre thru them with only 1 hand on the handle bars, the other hand would be required to hold on to binoculars. There would be a person holding a sign a mile away and you have to see the numbers they put up then once thru the obsticle you have to stop and tell a checkpoint person what number they held up. 1 minute penelty for each number you got wrong

2) Next obsticle would be a log drag race. You would have to hook up and drag 20 logs (wich are jumbled up so you'd have to pick carefully which log to drag first) and stack the logs up in a mock firewood cutting area.

3) The mudhole, self explanitory I think. But it would be an ugly mud hole requiring winches even on the best of mudder machines. There would be slippery logs buried in the mud hole too.

4) Once out of the mudhole there would be a hill climb, a rutty rocky hill climb one wouldn't want to attempt without safty precautions (winch)

5) There would be another binocular/tree weaving session.....let's see how well you kept your gear from getting mudded!

6) Next there would be a trailor backing session.. Hook a trailer and back it down a path careful to not knock over cones, then load it up with gravel and haul it up a hill and over some obsticles.. The heaviest trailer gets 10 points, 2nd heaviest gets 8 and so on. This is to promote full load and not spilling gravel.

7) would be stacking hey on the trailor then hauling it down the same hill you hauled the gravel up, again points for the most bails hauled without breakage.

We could add stuff if 7 ain't enough, the imagination is the limit here

I think it would be a blast!

Old 04-14-2006 | 03:11 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Yeah and he smoked one to many times in his life.

Quick Reply: utility quad races