Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

Opinions for new quad

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2006, 08:07 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinions for new quad

Hi guys. I am wanting to get a bigger quad. I am looking real hard at the Suzuki King Quad 700 , the Kawasaki Brute Force 650i and 750i and the Honda Rincon. I would like to know pro and cons of these if you have one or know a friend with one. Thanks for the help!

Old 05-09-2006, 12:03 PM
Pro Rider

I have a brute force 650 sra and love it.I tried out both 650 i and the sra.I found the i to be "tippy feeling" and went with the sra.I do alot of trail riding,and it's an awesome machine.

Old 05-09-2006, 12:11 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've seen a few King Quads that really boogie on down the trails stock. I'm not much of a ute guy at the moment myself, but for the $$ I think the Zuk is tough to beat.

Old 05-09-2006, 05:26 PM
Pro Rider

why do you want ant thing bigger than that 400?I saw a 400 just like yours pass up a grizz,a king quad 700 and a rincon in a mud pit.It had mud lites on it.

Old 05-09-2006, 08:41 PM
Range Rover

well i would like a little more power. I just dont feel like the 400 is getting the job done for me. Dont get me wrong I really love my kodiak and I am gonig to keep it (its paid for). i just want to get another quad with some more *****.

Old 05-09-2006, 09:06 PM
Pro Rider

it would probally be cheaper to buy some aftermarket parts.exhause,jet kit maybe a big bore kit if there is even one for it.I think highlifter has a lift kit for it.

Old 05-10-2006, 01:41 AM
Pro Rider

Is there some reason you arn't concidering the Kodiaks big brother the Grizz? You are happy with your current yammys it seems the logical progression.

I am wondering if perhaps your caught up in the hype factor is all. The KQ700 doesn't seem like such a glamorious quad once you delve into the complaints dept. I need to go to the dealer myself one of these days and scope it out really well, and I won't have the glazed eyeballs of a drolling new buyer and over look all the details of design. I admit they are aweful pretty on the eyeballs though.

Do yourself a favor and look at them all. I hear AC has some really nice offerings also. I rode the 05 AC V2 and it was a damm nice machine. But I didn't like the tranny. All of the machines have positive points and flaws, it's how they differentiate themselves. Yammy always stays middle of the road on everyting, so it does it all well but others might be better at some things and worse at others, like a jack of all trades if you will.

AC = racks and tons of ground clearence
KQ = EFI and sporty handling
Grizz = Jack of all trades
BF = speed, but now lost it's niche to Bomb
Bomb = mass power, EFI
Popo = devout cult like followers (reminds me of those Saturn commercials)

Old 05-10-2006, 03:09 AM
Pro Rider

First you need to know what YOU wnat in a quad such as, IRS or solid rear axle. High?low range. Locking front differential. Belt drive or solid shaft etc.
Remember that some of the quads with the bigger engines also have more weight to drag around so some of that extra power is lost.
I'm with Dirtydude, if you like the Kodiak, you'll love the Grizzly.

Old 05-10-2006, 04:03 PM
Pro Rider

yeah,my freinds got a 03 grizz and that thing will go trough any thing

Old 05-10-2006, 04:12 PM
Pro Rider

Yammy always stays middle of the road on everyting, so it does it all well but others might be better at some things and worse at others, like a jack of all trades if you will.

AC = racks and tons of ground clearence
KQ = EFI and sporty handling
Grizz = Jack of all trades
BF = speed, but now lost it's niche to Bomb
Bomb = mass power, EFI
Popo = devout cult like followers (reminds me of those Saturn commercials)[/quote]

Middle of the road? you need to check out the history of yammy link
http://www.yamaha-motor.com/outdoor/.../epichome.aspx

Quick Reply: Opinions for new quad