Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

Why are Polaris owners so much like those Saturn comercials?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2006, 01:19 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why are Polaris owners so much like those Saturn comercials?

I'm waiting for someone to say, "One day at band camp there was this Polaris..." I think with all the Polaris bashing, I'm not suprised if they all stuck together. I'm not saying Polaris people don't bash other brands, because they do. I think it's all wrong. I wish I could have one of each. Like I said before, "It's more fun to ride with other brands than all by yourself." Wait, you don't wax your helmet?

Old 05-20-2006, 06:11 PM
Pro Rider

I am not bashing Polaris Owners but I get the impression people that own a Polaris are in the higher income scale and /or are more educated well to do elite members of society like doctors, lawyers, business owners and such, and they don't seem mechanically inclined to fully understand the mechanics and the engineering of an ATV. Thats my personal opinion, and thats the impression I get, I could be wrong, but I am doing my best not to bash the Polaris ATV or the Owners of any Polaris ATV, if anybody takes my comments as an insult, I didn't mean it as such.

Old 05-20-2006, 10:13 PM
Pro Rider

Yes, you are wrong. No offense taken. What gives you this impression?

Old 05-20-2006, 10:40 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Higher income??? Polaris has one of the lowest price big bores! Bomb is first, AC is 2nd, i think Yamaha is 3rd, Then Po Po or Suzuki?

Old 05-20-2006, 10:42 PM
Pro Rider

It's probably a geographical thing Lawdog

I myself just like to poke sharp sticks at you guys hehe, I am not all that brand loyal, but if I were to choose a brand I suppose it would be Yamaha.

Polaris owners do seem to be very brand loyal though. I have had arguements a many about quads/sleds etc where a Polaris die-hard would not budge one inch, his Polaris was better than anything out there no matter what. It was sad he didn't know his facts very well but had plenty of blind faith to go around lol

Imagine if all AC owners were like v2rider!

Old 05-20-2006, 10:57 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Dirtydude
It's probably a geographical thing Lawdog

I myself just like to poke sharp sticks at you guys hehe, I am not all that brand loyal, but if I were to choose a brand I suppose it would be Yamaha.

Polaris owners do seem to be very brand loyal though. I have had arguements a many about quads/sleds etc where a Polaris die-hard would not budge one inch, his Polaris was better than anything out there no matter what. It was sad he didn't know his facts very well but had plenty of blind faith to go around lol

Imagine if all AC owners were like v2rider!
I agree with all of your points. I have stated on here several times before that I am not blindly loyal to Polaris myself. I have a good dealer nearby and I do like their products. I have friends who own a little bit of everything. I will ride with whatever I can get to go with me. I had an AC H1 as #2 on my list and I also have a dealer formerly known as "BRP" close enough to consider but he put himself out of the running by not budging off of MSRP. There aren't any other dealers (well one Honda dealer, but I just couldn't even walk in the dooor) close enough for me to consider. I think that there are alot of nice quads being made right now and I bought the one that I felt that I could get the best local support for and best fits my needs. I don't mind ya' pokin', that's what most of us do here. It is the disrespectful, personal attacks that get me fired up. Oh yeah, just for the record. I ride in a helmet, blue jeans, and a non-Polaris t-shirt. And if you told me that you wax your helmet, I would probably point and giggle.

Old 05-20-2006, 11:03 PM
Pro Rider

My first Utility quad was a Polaris Explorer 400

dam good machine and it's still going strong! At the time it killed pretty much anything else out there for speed and it still holds it's own against anything in the midrange sizes, it won't keep with a Grizz though until you hit 60+ then it just keeps on going while the Grizz is revved out.

I don't know what the top speed is on it, but it runs out very fast for a 400. I wanna say I've seen 80 on it before but I don't truly remember, it's been a long time, I know it's 70+

Old 05-20-2006, 11:18 PM
Pro Rider

I have heard so many good things about the Grizz that I wanted to check one out. I have seen a few around here and there but haven't really looked one over or ridden one in a while. A buddy of mine had one and then sold it for a new 700 Raptor before I could ride it. I was travelling for a family get together the other day and stopped at a Yamaha/Kawasaki dealer. They didn't have any Grizzleys. They had about every other flavor of Yami and Kawi made. Pretty impressive really. They had a new KFX 700 in a red marble color that was a little different. They had a white/black Raptor 700 that was really sharp. I wish that I could buy them all. If I could, I would come on here and talk crap to everybody.

Old 05-20-2006, 11:19 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Imagine if all AC owners were like V2-rider!

LOL. I must have left some sort of impression.

Old 05-20-2006, 11:29 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Dirtydude
My first Utility quad was a Polaris Explorer 400

dam good machine and it's still going strong! At the time it killed pretty much anything else out there for speed and it still holds it's own against anything in the midrange sizes, it won't keep with a Grizz though until you hit 60+ then it just keeps on going while the Grizz is revved out.

I don't know what the top speed is on it, but it runs out very fast for a 400. I wanna say I've seen 80 on it before but I don't truly remember, it's been a long time, I know it's 70+
70+, are you sure? Im not calling you a liar, its just that with my mods, i cant get over about 72 with my 650V2. That speed is unheard of on a 400 utility quad

Quick Reply: Why are Polaris owners so much like those Saturn comercials?