Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

Why are Polaris owners so much like those Saturn comercials?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2006, 06:59 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why are Polaris owners so much like those Saturn comercials?

Mr LawdogB2, I get that impression cause the people I see with the Polaris look neat, clean, well dressed, drive top of the line trucks and trailers and their ATV is clean and perfect with high quality accessories, there isn't a scratch on the plastic, no beat up cooler on the back filled with beer. The guys im used too own old Yamaha's and Honda's that look like a wreck, they are not clean, they haven't shaved in days, they chew snuff, their teeth are yellow, they drive an old rusted out Chevy truck, they have a homemade wood box bolted to the back of their ATV, their machine breaks down they have no problem laying in the mud to fix it. Maybe its me, im used to being around people that own other ATV's instead of a Polaris, in no way did I mean to bash or make fun of any Polaris Owners or their ATV. If any of you guys that own a Polaris took my comments as an insult im sorry, I never meant it to be that way.

Old 05-21-2006, 09:17 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

To Late!!! They all hate you now!!!!!!!!!!!!! jk

Old 05-21-2006, 12:03 PM
Pro Rider

While we are all dreaming, I thought of one. I was on my way back from a long ride at band camp, and I got my Polaris 500EFI up to 77mph. It was hard to look at the speedo because with one hand riding a wheelie and the other holding my beer, it was hard to glance down.

The truth is, I was riding back to camp and hit the throttle down this dirt road just to see what she could do. I got up to about 50 and thought, this is not asphalt and there are ruts and old dry mud vehicle tracks, so I slowed down and was glad I didn't crash. It seems people are trying to pass off dreams like the first one as the truth.

I've found everyone I've run into on the trail with all brands to be great people, so I'm glad I don't ride near those strange Polaris people you guys are talking about. The only brand loyal groups that hate every other brand are on this site. I don't care what brand you have, if you are in the Northern California Rubicon area you are welcome to ride with me. We will even have a BBQ at my house after. You can even beat me in a race down a local asphalt road so you can tell all your friends on this site that you beat a Polaris in a drag race down an asphalt road.

Old 05-21-2006, 01:54 PM
Pro Rider

MotoF150, as I said before, no offense taken. Are these people that you are describing with the immaculately groomed atvs and clothing riding on a golf course? Everyone I know falls into the latter category, broke down old trucks and dirty beaten down rides. If I were you, I would ride somewhere else. You can come to Indiana and ride with us. We don't care what you ride and we drink beer, not champagne, when the riding day is done.

Old 05-24-2006, 01:33 AM
Pro Rider

Hey v2rider I'm trying to be honest about what my memory is of on that top speed, that Explorer 400 has very long legs though. It takes a long time to get it up there so there is only like 1 spot I have access too to run that kinda speed. Also the bike is a 98 and has a lot of miles on it now with no rebuilds, so I'm trying to remember what it was back in 98-99. Also this isn't GPS speed neither, but indicated speed.

I'm fairly certain it has longer legs than my Grizz, more power? deff not, but my Grizz limits out where this keeps on climbing. I'll break it out and do a top speed run one of these days. I don't dare say it does 80, but my memory of it wants to say it's done 80 before.

Hopefully another Explorer 400 owner can confirm this.

edit: This must be memory playing tricks on me, The Explorer 400 was the first quad I ever rode and it was freaking fast back in the day! I was pretty young back in 1998 and over the years the "fish gets bigger and bigger" So, I must retract my ridiculous statement of 80mph....but what does this thing really do? It's gotta be 60+

Old 05-24-2006, 05:11 PM
Pro Rider

I just helped a friend rejet a 400 explorer and that thing can stand up even with a 320 lb guy on it (my friend). Also, it beats the crap out of my 2006 500efi, no contest, oh crap,can I say crap? But then again the 500efi is not the fastest utility quad out there. Also the 400 explorer is a 2 stroke.

Old 05-29-2006, 01:49 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: redmtn
While we are all dreaming, I thought of one. I was on my way back from a long ride at band camp, and I got my Polaris 500EFI up to 77mph. It was hard to look at the speedo because with one hand riding a wheelie and the other holding my beer, it was hard to glance down.

The truth is, I was riding back to camp and hit the throttle down this dirt road just to see what she could do. I got up to about 50 and thought, this is not asphalt and there are ruts and old dry mud vehicle tracks, so I slowed down and was glad I didn't crash. It seems people are trying to pass off dreams like the first one as the truth.

I've found everyone I've run into on the trail with all brands to be great people, so I'm glad I don't ride near those strange Polaris people you guys are talking about. The only brand loyal groups that hate every other brand are on this site. I don't care what brand you have, if you are in the Northern California Rubicon area you are welcome to ride with me. We will even have a BBQ at my house after. You can even beat me in a race down a local asphalt road so you can tell all your friends on this site that you beat a Polaris in a drag race down an asphalt road.
If I can get someone to lend me enough money redmtn, I'll load up my already scratched up "06"700efi(which I work about 20 extra hours a week at a second job to pay for) on my beat up old "96" Toyota pickup w/138,000+ miles and come out to Northern CA , pass you at about 52-53 MPH and eat BBQ until I'm miserable. I don't know where these so-called Polaris freaks dirtydude is talking about is from but it certainly isn't any of the many I know in NC. Heck, I'm not real sure I'd take a Saturn if it was free. Well, I don't know. Maybe I could trade it to someone for some helmet wax or something[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-29-2006, 10:47 AM
Pro Rider

I love all ATV's I don't care what brand you own, if ur belt is slipping and ur stuck in the mud I will pull you out and after I pull you out I will never cut down ur ATV and brag that my ATV went thru the same mud hole and it didn't get stuck, im never going to brag about my ATV was $2000 less expensive and it has a slip differential in the front axle, high and low gear and in and out 4 WD, plus im never going to say my ATV is gear drive and there is no belt to slip when it gets wet, yes my ATV may be slower than yours but it can go anywhere.

Old 05-29-2006, 04:26 PM
Pro Rider

good entertainment rat cheer ........

Old 05-29-2006, 09:05 PM
Pro Rider

This is how I understand all this. You are about to drop $7000+ on an atv. You can buy any brand. You do your research and based on your needs and likes, you end up with whatever is BEST for you. I've had several Hondas and an Arctic Cat. Based on my needs and likes, I ended up with a Polaris. Next time I might get a Suzuki, Yamaha, Kawi, or maybe a BRP, I don't care. And I'm not kidding, if your in the Northern CA area, make a post and we can go for a ride on the Rubicon Trail . All brands welcome.

Quick Reply: Why are Polaris owners so much like those Saturn comercials?