Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

Renegade 800 WTF?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2006 | 12:33 AM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best
Default Renegade 800 WTF?

Originally posted by: RancherATCrazy
Originally posted by: OneFlyCowboy
I love the Idea, I would love to ride one to see what it really can do before I bought though.
You can come over and ride mine in about 7 months [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Ahh so this is what you have been talking about on the PSAR side [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Say the word man I will be there!
Sorta.. the outty 800 xt landed a while ago.. renegade is next

Old 05-16-2006 | 12:41 AM
Elite Pro Rider

I love the Idea, I would love to ride one to see what it really can do before I bought though.
You can come over and ride mine in about 7 months [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Ahh so this is what you have been talking about on the PSAR side [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Say the word man I will be there!
Sorta.. the outty 800 xt landed a while ago.. renegade is next
What kind of quads do you have? I figured you for a sporty guy like most on PSAR.

Old 05-16-2006 | 11:39 AM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!

Also honda is testing this just like they been testing the TRX650 for the last 10 years. will honda step up? Not likely..

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Them bastages have been teasing me for years.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img] And I still don't understand why they havn't pulled the trigger on certain projects years ago.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 05-16-2006 | 11:43 AM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer

What kind of quads do you have? I figured you for a sporty guy like most on PSAR.
At the ranch there is 2 warriors, 1 400ex, 1 sportsman 500, 1 sportsman 700, 2 raptor 660's 1 outty 800 xt I ride whatever i feel like on a given day [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-16-2006 | 11:44 AM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer

Originally posted by: motox26

Also honda is testing this just like they been testing the TRX650 for the last 10 years. will honda step up? Not likely..

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Them bastages have been teasing me for years.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img] And I still don't understand why they havn't pulled the trigger on certain projects years ago.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
becasue they are scared.. they keep on pullin out.. they lead on that its go time. and when its time for the money shot they pull out and head home [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 05-16-2006 | 09:22 PM
Pro Rider

<puts down crack pipe and nuclear physics book>

My old Wolverine had no aluminum suspension components, no stupid LED dashboards and had racks, and weighed 480 lbs. The three times that I had it land on me , it hurt me. In a similar situation, a 600 lb bike may have killed or paralyzed me. I did not necessarily want a sport bike (although I like it), but there is NO Freaking way I will buy one of these 600 lb tanks, despite their impressive performance.

A larger cc, more modern (lighter weight) motor, than the 350 Wolverine had, plus aluminum components, should weigh the same or less than 480 lbs, not 600 lbs.

More weight does not mean more durability, more weight means that bigger brakes are needed to stop it, more weight means that a heavier driveline is needed to provide durability, more weight means that a beefier frame is needed, more weight means stronger suspension (more unsprung weight) and on and on and on.

If pure utility is your thing, fine, pile on the weight.

For a performance vehicle, added weight is THE worst thing you can have.

They will sell a ton of these things, but not to me.

Old 05-17-2006 | 12:19 PM
Pro Rider

ahmen to that lotus! that particular bike is at my limit for weight also.when i want to rip ..i ride the r,when i want to trail ride in muddy or unknown conditions i take the wolvy. could you imagine a 700 lb machine in a high speed rollover.....ugh!! i want to run that 700...lets go !! i bet that renegade will tear up many a mudhole though[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-17-2006 | 01:07 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer

Originally posted by: 86250rrider
ahmen to that lotus! that particular bike is at my limit for weight also.when i want to rip ..i ride the r,when i want to trail ride in muddy or unknown conditions i take the wolvy. could you imagine a 700 lb machine in a high speed rollover.....ugh!! i want to run that 700...lets go !! i bet that renegade will tear up many a mudhole though[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
If your in a highspeed rollover on one its your own dam fault for riding outside your ability and to fast for the conditions. 700 lbs or 400 lbs at 60mph tumbling It aint gonna be pretty. I barrelrooled a warrior at 50 mph two rolls stayed on the seat and at the 3rd roll i was pitched and nearly run over by my buddy.. Wear your safty equipment if you gonna be a retard. Otherwise ride within your means and you shouldnt have to worry about the weight landing on you.. Think ahead when your riding so you know what to expect. If you gonna do a stupid hill climb. KNOW YOUR ESCAPE BEFORE YOU GO UP IT not ohh im just gonna make it.. Its called defensive quad riding.. Just like defensive driving. Plan your moves in advance and always have an escape route

Old 05-17-2006 | 02:24 PM
Pro Rider

ok cowboy...when your drag racing your buddies down the road to see who gets to be the biggest cowpoke in town,be carefull. while your at it....take out the roll bar in a jeep and hillclimb with it!! of course with full gear on. how did you barrel roll your warrior anyway at 50 ?i have rode quads since 86 and never rolled one sideways. sounds like you better put a little extra body english in your new COWBOY KILLER!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-17-2006 | 02:32 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"

Originally posted by: 86250rrider
ok cowboy...when your drag racing your buddies down the road to see who gets to be the biggest cowpoke in town,be carefull. while your at it....take out the roll bar in a jeep and hillclimb with it!! of course with full gear on. how did you barrel roll your warrior anyway at 50 ?i have rode quads since 86 and never rolled one sideways. sounds like you better put a little extra body english in your new COWBOY KILLER!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
I've barrel rolled my crappy Trail Boss. Weighed in at just under 500. It's possible to do it on any quad. Just takes a nad or two to run anything at your and the machines limits.

Quick Reply: Renegade 800 WTF?