Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

King of The Hill

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 09:58 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default King of The Hill

I been round this forum for some time now and seems alot of threads usually turn into, "Mines bettern yern, and Mines bettern hisn's" so on and so forth. Now I guess I'm just as guilty for some of that.

This past weekend on one of our rides we had 9 bikes on the trail. We mainly ride gravel roads and some back logging roads. This was the roster that day. Out 800 (me), 2 Kaw 360's, 1 Kaw 650, 1 Pol 400, 1 Pol 450, 1 Pol 700efi, 1 Pol 500, 1 Suz 250. Guess what I found out. We rode approx 55 miles, no one broke down, every where that one bike went all the rest was ready, willing and able to follow. Imagine that. Mine wasn't bettern hisn's and hern's wernt any dang bettern than younses.

My point is there was no King of the Hill that day and sometimes we can get over passionate about our particular machines. But when we load up and hit the trail, "It's all good"..

Old 06-02-2006, 08:20 AM
Pro Rider
Default King of The Hill

yep. agreed. the best machine is the one that brings the most enjoyment to the owner. i rode a Suzuki 250 4x4 for a lot of years and that danged little thing went EVERYWHERE. it just took me a while to get there. i would have to call that anemic little atv with minimal suspension travel one of my all time favorites. won't go faster than 40mph or so...

in my beat down little area, we run an assortment of motly atvs and we don't give a hoot if one guy can't afford the fastest, or the best tires, ect... we just hop on 'em and go ride, and sometimes the puny old machine with mis-matched tires and plastic stitched up with baling wire does the best. we don't care either...

monty

Old 06-02-2006, 02:48 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default King of The Hill

thats a darn good perspective

Old 06-05-2006, 11:37 AM
Trailblazer
Default King of The Hill

I couldn't agree more. On my last ride, there was a couple of othher much larger machines that my rancher 350 which I just bought. These guys were riding places that I would have never dreamed of going. But I followed them anyway thinking they would pull me out if I got stuck. Well, I never got stuck, crawled over huge logs, up steep hills and through some deep mud and water. The other guys were amazed at what my "little" 4 wheeler would do.

Kev

Old 06-05-2006, 10:22 PM
Range Rover
Default King of The Hill

my questiopn is wahts up with your spelling.. haha not to dis you ro anything but why do you write yern, hisn, herns, and younses?

but yeah um i dont really care about the ebst or worst my self but its the dumb so called "riders" who have no clue what they are talkign about, like the kids in my area.. haha.. they dont even know a thing about the quad it self, they just say its fast.. haha

Old 06-05-2006, 10:46 PM
Trailblazer
Default King of The Hill

Exactly, great point I ride with anything from an Polaris 500, 700, 800, Honda 450's Sport and utility's, and my beloved obsolete 05, 660 Grizz, and guess what?, We all have fun at the end of the day,, everybody's machine gets the job done,, Nobody trying to prove nothing!! "Enjoy"

Old 06-05-2006, 11:06 PM
Trailblazer
Default King of The Hill

Lol, anyone with a little blue ridge, ridgerunner, or hillbilly in em will understand them thar words [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Trending Topics

Old 06-05-2006, 11:30 PM
Range Rover
Default King of The Hill

hmm.. guess not me becuase im from jersey [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
new jeoisey

Old 06-05-2006, 11:37 PM
Pro Rider
Default King of The Hill

Originally posted by: eyeisdee1
I been round this forum for some time now and seems alot of threads usually turn into, "Mines bettern yern, and Mines bettern hisn's" so on and so forth. Now I guess I'm just as guilty for some of that.

This past weekend on one of our rides we had 9 bikes on the trail. We mainly ride gravel roads and some back logging roads. This was the roster that day. Out 800 (me), 2 Kaw 360's, 1 Kaw 650, 1 Pol 400, 1 Pol 450, 1 Pol 700efi, 1 Pol 500, 1 Suz 250. Guess what I found out. We rode approx 55 miles, no one broke down, every where that one bike went all the rest was ready, willing and able to follow. Imagine that. Mine wasn't bettern hisn's and hern's wernt any dang bettern than younses.

My point is there was no King of the Hill that day and sometimes we can get over passionate about our particular machines. But when we load up and hit the trail, "It's all good"..
To bad this isn't true the majority of the time....most people buy the biggest and baddest for a reason...and that's to do things better than the other ATV...like drag race and go through mud holes...at the end of the day in most cases, it pays to have the bigger and better ATV so your not dissappointed in the power of your machine after getting beat buy everyone all day.
This is why I was forced to upgrade from a Sportsman 400 to a KQ 700...but now I may need to upgrade from my KQ.

Old 06-06-2006, 04:34 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default King of The Hill

[i]
This is why I was forced to upgrade from a Sportsman 400 to a KQ 700...but now I may need to upgrade from my KQ.
Thats called inferiority syndrome. : (

Quick Reply: King of The Hill