Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

The brute force LEMON!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2006, 03:43 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default The brute force LEMON!!!!!!!

WOW.....if Kawie sold me a lemon, then it turned out to be lemon aid. What a joke. Every brand will have a bad bike or two every once in a while. That doesn't mean everything is junk. Whatever. I love mine and no problems.

Old 09-08-2006, 06:20 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I said, yes I would be mad. But just like I said.... don't bash kaw.... I dunno if you are giving us the whole story. If you have only used it for one hour, you should have a FULL coverage warranty of everything for like, the first 30days. Thats what they gave me when I went and got my praire. And like you said (RO) said.... call the rep and they should help you out. They want you to be 100% Satisfied. Thanks for making me feel like a complete dick btw. I said don't bash kaw... bash the people who are being idiots at the situation!!! Like the people who "laughed" at you.

Old 09-08-2006, 07:49 PM
Trailblazer

RO,

Tell us the whole story behind your quad? The whole truth even if you did something by mistake. I don't buy your story anymore. How about a nice suggestion, stop your rant here because it is not going to do you any good. The very next step you should be doing is checking out the lemon laws in your state and go hire an attorney since you had no problem paying $8,000 cash for your new quad. I am sorry to be blunt, your rant isn't adding up.

Here is what I think happened to the quad.

1) Improper break in
2) Carb got mud or water in the air box
3) Super cheap 87 oct gas
4) Dealership mechanics made some mistakes
5) Assembly error at the factory or broken/cracked ring parts/valve parts

These are the only thing I can think how a new engine went retard. If you truly got a lemon then Kawasaki would have replaced it with no question. Something in my guts tells me someone screwed up or the dealership is passing the bucket for their own mistakes. Call a lawyer and fork over the fees if your state laws allow you to sue for the return of fund or a full replacement. Most state lemon laws only allow you a new replacement of the same product. Try to make your life a little easier; you are stuck with the Kawasaki Brute Force either way unless you decide to sell it to a private owner with a loss. Sorry for the rant here....the internet is not your friend when it comes to rants such as this. There have been a few people that have offered you nice suggestions on how to handle the problem you are experiencing with your quad. Ro, sorry for the rant here as well. I just don't think you understand what people are trying to tell you how to handle the problem and you just continue to rant away. Your story will and does not convince people to look elsewhere instead of Kawasaki quads. You may think you are looking out for people by posting all these Kawasaki lemon rants all over the internet.

Old 09-08-2006, 08:13 PM
Pro Rider

Very well said.

Z

Old 09-08-2006, 11:01 PM
No Ruts, No Glory

RO-

It's time to take action instead of bitching...like HADES said, you're losing your sympathetic audience

First, don't communicate anymore by phone until after you have sent a written (preferably typed) letter outlining the problem(s) you are having, what has been said and by whom, what you were told would be done, and how long it would take. Be sure to include your concerns (i.e. DOCUMENT) about the bottom end and metal particle contamination. Send it via CERTIFIED MAIL to the dealer as well as the dealer rep and the division manager. Take all the **** and vinegar out of it so that you are clear and non-insulting. Then call, using a tape recorder to tape any conversation you are a part of, and see what the dealer tells you he will do and when he will do it.

If you still don't get the problem solved, hire a lawyer. By providing the lawyer with your "paper trail" of correspondence, you will give the lawyer ammo to use against the dealer that the court will take appreciative note of, as it will prove you tried to resolve the matter privately and got no satisfaction before you involved the court's time.

Good luck, and let us know how it progresses

Old 09-09-2006, 12:17 AM
RO
Weekend Warrior

Man to get a lawyer involved is going to cost $1500.00 plus, the juice ain't worth the squeeze(And Kawa, Dealership all know this!). I' m to damn old to ride this thing hard enough to hurt it!, used 93octane read the manual on the way home cuase it was purchased as a gift across the state on vacation. Grew up running outboards know all about the break-in period read it in the manual! Basically did everything right, and it went real bad for me.(cry me a river I know). It blew when they were working on it, had it a total of two days at the house before it got put in the shop, it's been there for about a month. All I want is if someone has got the regional reps #to please post it, KAWA said will fix what is broken and that's it. The dealer across the state, finally got the owner to start calling the manufacture(after I convinced him he should fight for me thanks desertviper for the advice)will see what happens. Everyone who knows me, knows I'm a stand up man. I have never had problems like this with anything before, and hope none of ya'll ever do. I have been on the phone for about 4hrs today trying to resolve this issue and let me give everyone advice, the louder you get the more you get done(and I truly hate being that way).

Old 09-09-2006, 01:47 AM
Trailblazer

Ro,

If I spent $8,000 cash on a new quad and it turned out to be a lemon with the dealership having more than 30 days of ownership of the new quad. I personally would sue for a new quad and countersue to recover attorney fees. I would not settle on a, "Fixed Lemon with one hour of life".

Old 09-09-2006, 02:49 AM
RO
Weekend Warrior

ATV HADES I COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND THAT I SHOULD SUE, BUT WITH SOME GREAT ADVICE FROM PEOPLE WHO ARE IN THE COURTS HERE, YOU CANNOT SUE FOR LEGAL COSTS AND COURT COSTS! So an attorney plus court costs will add up and there is nothing to say you will win. Kawa and the dealership know to a certain degree they have got me by the *****! I told them I did my part, gave them my money, and they gave me a faulty product! I am in no way asking for special treatment, just somthing in return for what I'm out here. I am going to have a hard time trusting this atv after they repair it, or selling it I'll take $6200.00 for it right now, watch people avoid this one like the plague. Even the boys at the local service shop told me to a tee, what kawa was going to do, and to hold on cause I was in for it, the afternoon I found out it was so major. Called Kawa, we will repair your product under are warranty, they will not replace atv's, motor's etc. just the parts that are broken. You go out the door with it, it's yours, no matter if it's got an hour or tenhrs on it!BECUASE IT WAS A GIFT I DID NOT PICK DEALER, I WISH IT WAS A DIFFERENT SCENARIO. So long story short, I am sure there has been a ton of people with a high success rate with kawa, all I am saying is if you have to call on them, it's like turning the light on in a 3dollar motel, watch'em scatter, AND THERE BIGGEST ARGUMENT IS WE DO STAND BEHIND OUR PRODUCTS WERE FIXING IT!, MY REPLY MAN, I USED IT FOR ONE HOUR!

Old 09-09-2006, 10:28 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Baseballroxmasox
I said, yes I would be mad. But just like I said.... don't bash kaw.... I dunno if you are giving us the whole story. If you have only used it for one hour, you should have a FULL coverage warranty of everything for like, the first 30days. Thats what they gave me when I went and got my praire. And like you said (RO) said.... call the rep and they should help you out. They want you to be 100% Satisfied. Thanks for making me feel like a complete dick btw. I said don't bash kaw... bash the people who are being idiots at the situation!!! Like the people who "laughed" at you.
this the only reason i still stick with honda! this guy has every reason in the world to bash who ever sold him this piece"o"$hit. i dont know bout all you boys but 7 or 8 grand is a heck of a lot of money! how can you justify fixing it but not fix what the problem caused, metal shaving! im a loyal honda man but they do have there faults such as no locker, but you kawa guys are wrong, he has every right to bash em! bash on![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-09-2006, 10:41 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: mykool61679
Originally posted by: Baseballroxmasox
this the only reason i still stick with honda! this guy has every reason in the world to bash who ever sold him this piece"o"$hit. i dont know bout all you boys but 7 or 8 grand is a heck of a lot of money! how can you justify fixing it but not fix what the problem caused, metal shaving! im a loyal honda man but they do have there faults such as no locker, but you kawa guys are wrong, he has every right to bash em! bash on![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Oh give me a break......."this the only reason i still stick with honda! ." Every brand has lemons. For your information, my family has owned kaiwes for a long time and never had any problems outside from general maintanance. I did have a honda recon and had several carbarator problems. "This is why I stick with kawie." Maybe you think your honda doesn't break down and that is because the technology is so old, the problems have been figured out. Why can't honda develop a front differential locker rather than have their 3 will drive system???? Kawie, yamaha, a suzuki offer lockers for most of their 4x4's, but honda doesn't offer it on any model. And, I have driven a honda 400AT 4x4 rancher, rubicon, and rincon and the 4wd systems left me stuck. And, what about not offering a low range on the rincon? To have a "big bore" quad without a low range? My aunts rincon rides great, but when she needs to tow the small trailer around the camp site, the machine struggles b/c it doesn't have a low range. She has to use the ESP and there again, it needs a low range. So, please don't bash another brand just to make your choice the best. Gurrrr!!! And, BTW, I do like hondas, just don't like the fact they chose to stay behind in the new technology department. Yes this guy has every reason to be mad if the story is true. But, remember, every brand makes lemons.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: The brute force LEMON!!!!!!!