Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

Who makes the best utillity atvs????

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2006, 09:46 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who makes the best utillity atvs????

Bombardier has nothing to do with recreational vehicles since may 2003. Thats why they call it Can-AM or ski-doo . Im not sure who bought the recreational vehicles division from them. The news Story about the sell off.

on April 3, 2003, Tellier rolls out a recovery plan that involves the sale of Bombardier's recreational products division including the popular Ski-Doo line.
The above news link mostly talks about the selling off of SKI-Doo line but Bombardier sold it all ATV and watercraft as well.

Bombardier family members buy recreational divisions

Bombardier sold its original business - the division that makes Ski-Doo snowmobiles, personal watercraft, all-terrain vehicles and motorboat engines - to members of the Bombardier family, Bain Capital and the Caisse de d?p?t et placement du Qu?bec, the province's pension fund.

Old 11-07-2006, 10:02 AM
Pro Rider

The above news link mostly talks about the selling off of SKI-Doo line but Bombardier sold it all ATV and watercraft as well.
>>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;

Very old news, the rec. division was bought back by the Bombardier family and venture capitalists, not sure what this has to do with anything? Bombardier LLC. was struggling with it's areospace division which was losing lots of money so sold the rec. division to raise capital.

Old 11-07-2006, 10:11 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BBR650
polaris has been around along time and used the same basic design, that is what is giving everyone piece of mind. the outlander's have only been around since 03 with the 400 and they are still (as they say in the infomercial) tweaking and tuning and tweaking and tuning. you guys forget that bombardier is not a little company. they will be around for a long time to come. they are #1 in the air with Leer jet, #1 in the snow with ski doo, and #1 in the water with sea doo(215hp supercharged 3 seater) smallest horse is 135. in just 3 years they won 3 atv of the year awards. as far as they are concerned they are on the way to the top on the dirt. rumors are flowing that they want to be #1 on the street next.......

Does not sound like old news to some people.

Old 11-07-2006, 10:20 AM
Pro Rider

Does not sound like old news to some people.>>>>>>>>>>

Old news based on what? Bombardier sold off the rec. division over two years ago, it's old news. It MAY be new news to someone who had no clue but regardless, I don't see what this has to do with this thread. My only point was that BRP has been making quality recreational type vehicles(whether water or snow) for many decades, there is no reason to believe their ATV's would be inferior to their snow or watercraft.

Old 11-07-2006, 10:38 AM
Range Rover

........Rickety Belt System ??????........My "Rickety Belt System" has gotten me by for over 3000 miles.......
Personally, I'd just a soon not have one leg bigger than the other.........after all that "fun" shifting gears for......3000 miles..........

Old 11-07-2006, 10:46 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BBR650
polaris has been around along time and used the same basic design, that is what is giving everyone piece of mind. the outlander's have only been around since 03 with the 400 and they are still (as they say in the infomercial) tweaking and tuning and tweaking and tuning. you guys forget that bombardier is not a little company. they will be around for a long time to come. they are #1 in the air with Leer jet, #1 in the snow with ski doo, and #1 in the water with sea doo(215hp supercharged 3 seater) smallest horse is 135. in just 3 years they won 3 atv of the year awards. as far as they are concerned they are on the way to the top on the dirt. rumors are flowing that they want to be #1 on the street next.......
not so fast bud...the kawasaki jet ski has 250 horsepower and they will also have a leading 450 sport quad....... what's this about #1 water & dirt?

jetski

Old 11-07-2006, 10:53 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider

Im still trying to break the news to him that Can-Am has to make a jet first before they can be #1 in Jets.

Old 11-07-2006, 11:09 AM
Pro Rider

Im still trying to break the news to him that Can-Am has to make a jet first before they can be #1 in Jets.
>>>>>>>>>>>

So what? Now people are just arguing for the sake of arguing. I only knew Bombardier by their water craft and snowmobiles, when getting into this sport I disregarded their ATV's because I thought they were a little funny looking and a bit expensive compared to the competition, I wanted to stay with the well known manufacturers like Suzuki or Yamaha. I was in Vegas when I noticed the new monorail was being built by BOMBARDIER?? Thats when I did some research and learned they were a pretty diverse company with markets worldwide not only in recreational vehicles but they were involved in Lear Jets, Aerospace and are one of the largest mass transport companies in the world.......Of course this was about the time they started to sell off assets. This really means nothing and doesn't add anything to this thread other then clarification to those who are unfamilar with the story of BRP and how it came to be.

Old 11-07-2006, 11:16 AM
Pro Rider

not so fast bud...the kawasaki jet ski has 250 horsepower and they will also have a leading 450 sport quad....... what's this about #1 water & dirt?
>>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;

I have my doubts BRP will ever overtake Honda or Yamaha in ATV marketshare, it would almost have to involve consolidation within the industry for this to happen, Can Am is last in market share but have about doubled their numbers the past two years. They will be releasing a 450 sport quad sometime next year, I'm guessing it will replace the DS650 BUT I'm willing to bet they also produce a 700 sport quad based on the 450 format. They are talking about dirtbikes and streetbikes.......Again, I have my doubts whether they will even make a dent in Yamaha or Honda's sales but it does give the dealers additonal options. I have my doubts about a streetbike being successfull...You don't see many Victory streetbikes on the road and even the classic Indian bike was brought back to life only to fail after a few years. Then again, BRP has a worldwide presence so who knows?

Old 11-07-2006, 11:53 AM
Pro Rider

For the info on the marketshare. All my info is national, not world wide. Snowmobile sells are way better for brp in europe. The last worldwide marketshare I have is from 04. It has Polaris up over BRP slightly. National shows polaris up a couple points in 05. I don't have 06 reports yet (the year ain't over) Brp is up on polaris as of last quarter, but Polaris out sold the quarter before. The lack of snow in the past years has cut US sled sells nearly in half. It will be interesting to see how many get sold. The big mover last quarter was AC.

Quick Reply: Who makes the best utillity atvs????