Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

The DUEL is on.......

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2006 | 11:22 AM
Pro Rider
Default The DUEL is on.......

I know, I know, I suck in the pic uploading dept.

Old 11-03-2006 | 09:19 PM
Trailblazer

Hey brother just send me the pics when you get time.. I'll get them set up for you! Well Im ready, im ready to leave right now and get some night riding in. I hope I can talk ***** P into parking at the others..damn he's so goofy..lmao sseya there!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-04-2006 | 01:48 AM
Pro Rider

AHHHHHH, I see all the japs are sleeping.........You can't win a war when you are in you skivies. Don't you know, you have to stay alert? You need smeone on watch at all times. The night before the bog is not the time for rest, you should be up making sure nobody messes with your stuff. Oh, I can hear it now....It ran fine last night, I don't know what happened! I can tell you what happened, if anyone brings tea, I have some left over sugar!!!!!!!

Old 11-04-2006 | 10:03 AM
Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-04-2006 | 06:30 PM
Pro Rider

and the winner is ??????????????????????

Old 11-04-2006 | 09:08 PM
Pro Rider

Give em he!! Instigater!!

Go Polaris!

Oh yeah.. Hope no one got hurt!

Old 11-05-2006 | 12:41 PM
Pro Rider

oh no, the bog ate them!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-05-2006 | 01:31 PM
Pro Rider

Ok, here it is....

Rage was the first one to try the first hole, he went in with 15 psi tires and difflock off. He did not do so good, He moved out of the way so Polaris can show him how it is done. It was a cake walk, I didn't even splash much icing! As I was chewing through whatever I wanted to, he let some air out of the tires. I came back to the high ground. Was a little boring out in the stuff by myself. I came back, got on my racksand asked, "NOW, WHO WANTS SOME OF DEBO?" You vould see the rage building , the back of his neck and his ears were red like his quad.

He got some relief, when he tryed the hole again,with lower presure and diff lock on. Success was granted. We watched his work his way out of sight, I jumped on mine and went through backwards, It was easer than to turn around,[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I must add, it was still pretty easy, even backwards. I had turn around, so I tryed to pick the best area, and wound up in a mud bowl. I was working the quad into a 180 degree fashion, when I heard the unmistakable sound of a CV breaking. It only broke because I was, on a bad bind, I knew I was near the CV stress limit, I tryed to baby it while the wheels were against the lock. Oh well, got the quad out, removed the axle and continued chewing through the stuff in 2 wheel drive.

Fits was dead in the water with a steam/vapor lock issue. Got it running, we continued our challenge in 2wd. We had a blast. The final results are undetermined. We went though the same stuff as each other. Only thing is I went through the first hole backwards, he never got over to it to try it too.

I took a poll from those that were there. I am not ******* his, all I am saying is, I think that I went through the stuff a LITTLE easier, 3 of the guys agree with me, but they own Polaris. So, that is 4 of us that agree, but lets throw them out, incase anybody claims a biased poll. Fits denies that I went through easier, but did not claim he went through better than I did. We will throw his out too, because of same biased claim reasoning. 2 of the guys have King Quads, so their opinions are not biased towards brands and are worth listening to. They said that they think I went a little better, they kept mentioning the backwards trip that I made on the first hole. We had 8 people, but I must have missed the last vote. Talk about "Taxation without representation!" LOL!!!!! Anyway with Fits not trying that hole backwards to count these 2 votes, and with the last vote missing, we have a hung jury. I will speek for all of us, nobody knew how good the 1,000 quad would do!

Bottom line, I think my quad won. Hands Down!

For any that have ever wondered, if Fits is hardcore, you know, If you've read his posts and thought to yourself, I bet he likes to ride. Ride one time with him, and all doubt will be removed. Him and the missing vote dude are back down there again today. I would have liked to go, but I only get to play once a month. You know, family stuff has to get some of daddy's time too!

(Edited in) There were other quad issues too, but this audience was only inerested in the "BOG"

Old 11-05-2006 | 04:44 PM
Trailblazer

Well I must say I had a blast!! put 74miles on my new quad with no major problems other than a few stalls(hopefully its just the breaking in thing and nothing to worrie about)
The Mud Bog was a nasty stinking mess, I still smell it on me and I have showered twice! But yes they both did what they said they was going to do.
Fitsofrage and his yammer hammer, Instigater and the poo poo(M1 Abrams)LOL. Polaris got it on. Neither of them got stuck they was the Kings of the bog.
I do have to say I think my vote will have to be dismissed as well only for the reason that Instigater is my brother, and fitsofrage is one of my best friends,
they both have monster quads.. I guess if I was to be asked on my opinion (after thinking about it a little more) they both went through it pretty easy.
Yes the Grizz did have a little trouble on the 1st pass, but after a few adjustments His 2nd pass was impressive just flat out walked through it.
Now the backwards pass in the bog, well lets just say I never thought it would have went but it did. They both had there moments where each of them had to use reverse to get a better run at it but not once did either of them get hung up.
As for thr Grizz not making a pass backwards im going to say it would have done it only because on one of his passes back torwards us he needed to back up to get a better run at the hole, and he did go quite a ways backwards to get into position to make the run back out of the bog.
Im very impressed with the MV I really never thought that big heavy tank would do that good in that kind of mud.

Now I may not be the Mud Bog king(yet) but 1st place for service calls last night has to go to me..lmao

So does this mean I have to get some tires, clutch kit, etc etc etc. and See if my King Quad can beat the Bog???
I think Im going to, just because I think I can whip you both[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] LOL [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
GO SUZUKI!!!!!!!!!! hahahahahahaha

Old 11-05-2006 | 05:21 PM
Pro Rider

Come on batcave boy, you started this thread. I know you've read my results, lets hear yours!

Quick Reply: The DUEL is on.......