Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

700 arctic cat vs 700 grizzly

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2006, 12:07 AM
esd
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 700 arctic cat vs 700 grizzly

need some info and an unbiased opinion.
buying a atv for the first time in about 10 yrs. wow things have changed. could use a little help.
i have it narowed down to 2 atvs. 770 acrtic cat or 700 grizzly. it will be used for mostly messing with a few buddies,some hunting,maybe some very leisure off roading. nothing pro staff.
i have all the info as far as power steering on grizzley and weight difference basic techical stuff. but was wondering if i could get an opinion from someone who may have riden both machines. ive owned yamaha's ie sleds,motorbikes etc. but am really intested in the new arctic cat 700. just trying to see if any one has
any input that may sway my decision.
will post this in both arctic cat and yahama threads.
tx for your input.

Old 11-15-2006, 12:24 AM
2TV
Pro Rider

I've never ridden the Cat so I can't offer any comparison information there. I can say though that the 700 Grizzly is very well suited to someone that is interested in "very leisure off roading" simply because of it's cushy ride and power steering. I've ridden a lot of quads and it's my favorite 4x4 so far. Just pop that thing into low range and you can putt around effortlessly and in comfort. Plus it has the ability to play hard if you want it to. There are machines that are stronger and faster, but if comfort and ease of use are top priorities in a full featured 4x4 quad, the new Grizzly deserves a serious look...

Old 11-15-2006, 03:41 PM
Pro Rider

I've ridden the AC700 quite a bit before my friend had to trade it in because it had too many issues with the duel carbs...

Apart from that... I liked it. The suspension was a lil stiff for my liking, which made it feel tipsy on hills... The engine is powerful, but if you get stuck, you will definately need some help getting out, as this thing is a hog. My biggest complaint about this quad is the drain for the belt. It's in a hard place to get at... and it sits higher than the bottom of the compartment, meaning you can't drain all of the water out unless you stand it on it's nose. Like I said, I like riding the AC... but I'll never own one... duel carbs always seem to cause problems... (at least with the people that I know that have them... and no, they're not all the same brand quad either) and that drain plug location really gets under my skin... I was actually going to help him drill a new hole, line it with sheet metal and put a boat plug in place before he traded it in. (got a good deal on a suzi... and the AC was in the shop 4 times because of the carbs)

I'm partial to Grizzly's, as I've owned 3 of them. (still own 2) They're an all around great quad. They rarely rank #1 in an category... but if you add all of their rankings up, they usually average the highest. There's a reason why it's the #1 big bore quad sold. 1 more thing... You can get a 5 year waranty with the new Grizzly, and a $69 Warn winch... I don't think you'll get a better deal than that with the Artic Cat...

Old 11-15-2006, 07:50 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I have to get in here and say i havnt heard anyhting about probs with the carbs. Its not an Arctic Cat motor either, its a Suzuki motor. AC has a 650H1, 650V2 (2006), and the rest are Suzuki engines. So there must be a problem with the King Quads also. AC would be my first choice, then grizzly. They are my two favorite quads anyway, so i have nothing bad to say about either one. Also, you have to pay for the warranty on the yamaha, AC comes standard with a 3yr warranty

Old 11-15-2006, 08:14 PM
Range Rover

The warranty on the new 07 grizzly's is free for 2 years and the warn 2500lb winch is only $69.00 installed. They also have the 3 more years you can add on for $400.00 that is a total of 5 years and the winch alone is worth $400 plus. I don't like carb?s they need to be re-jetted for almost everything mountain riding, cold weather after market items the jetting can be a little tricky. The fuel injection system is so sweet and the EPS is unreal. The AC is a sweet bike for sure and they pull like crazy in the mud the motors are sound but I seem to like the grizzly better. I sold my last 660 grizzly and I am supper happy with the new 700 and the cheap venom winch has now been replaced with a true Warn.
Well the venom is not cheap just needs better battery connection like the crimps need to be solidered on and the plastic free wheel should be metal they break easy the bolts need to be SS they rust over night and look bad. I like both bike for sure and it is hard to say one is better then the other just think about your needs and what you like to ride and parts for repairs. One last thing the grizzly has a drain plug you just open and drive around to get the water out.
I have run both bikes and the AC is better in the mud i think and the grizzly is better on trails and mountain rocks that is my thoughts.

Old 11-15-2006, 10:11 PM
Pro Rider

For starters the AC 700 has a Suzuki King Quad engine with EFI. NO CARBS!
I like both quads but I will say the power assist is cool on the grizzly.

Old 11-15-2006, 10:19 PM
Range Rover

4FITTY
Thanks for the info I did not know that but it is always good to learn. I bet with the new EFI that should improve the bike 100% as the older ones that had carbs were trouble when going to the mountains for me. Florida is at see level and Utah was 10 thousand plus with the new EFI that sure will not be a problem anymore [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-15-2006, 11:06 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah... good to know... about the new efi for the AC700... It's funny you say the motor is a suzi.... and the pullcord is Kawi?? My buddy's cord said Kawasaki on it... I hope they fix that drain plug location on the AC too....

Vulcan... you had to pay 400 for the extra 3 years? I only had to pay 350... I think we could probably have gotten it cheaper... heh...

Old 11-15-2006, 11:11 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Then you need to know what quad your buddy has. He has a 650V2 if his pull cord has kawi on it, not a 700. If this is true, you would be right on the twin carb thing, except i havnt heard of any problems with them either. And i have one that has 1100 miles, with ZERO carb problems.

Old 11-15-2006, 11:28 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: Hebs
Yeah... good to know... about the new efi for the AC700... It's funny you say the motor is a suzi.... and the pullcord is Kawi?? My buddy's cord said Kawasaki on it... I hope they fix that drain plug location on the AC too....

Vulcan... you had to pay 400 for the extra 3 years? I only had to pay 350... I think we could probably have gotten it cheaper... heh...
I GOT RIPPED OFF [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
They let me buy anything I wanted at dealer cost to but is still not saving 50 bucks [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

v2rider is also correct I just checked out the spec and it is a 650v2 if the pull cord is kawi
I bet if that bike was taken to 10 or 12 thousand ft them carbs will not even start the bike [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
I know on our wolverine 450 it would not even start at 8500 ft and after 3 jet sizes smaller it ran just fine

Quick Reply: 700 arctic cat vs 700 grizzly