Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

cvt vs, manual

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2006 | 02:47 PM
|
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Default cvt vs, manual

there is some of us that prefer one over the other but to us thats the better way to go for us and we beleave its the better of the two. myself ive owned both over the yrs and speaking from someone who shifts for a living i prefer the easy way out lol. but ive seen where both have the place in our atv world. and i dont mind some wanting to chime in and telling me how full of sh&t i am.

Old 12-02-2006 | 02:52 PM
Pro Rider
Default cvt vs, manual

ur not full of anything.. ur right id say.. they all have pros and cons. its all in preference.. i have belt. and love it. but im sure others like there manuals too..i myself like the auto on the big ute. its easy. and u can focus on one less thing. then my yfz 450 u clutch and shift. but on that one. i like it too. so id say your in there.... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 12-02-2006 | 02:53 PM
Pro Rider
Default cvt vs, manual

I have owned both also im a auto guy im lazy i like to press and go and not shiftand your not full of sh_t!

thanks for providing valuable info on the forums,

hoyt

Old 12-02-2006 | 04:41 PM
Pro Rider
Default cvt vs, manual

I have only had auto's. I wouldn't have anything else!

Old 12-02-2006 | 05:52 PM
Pro Rider
Default cvt vs, manual

i have both and will happily use either. i prefer the CVT most of the time because in low range it takes a lot of shifting to get up to regualr trail speed. then the "right speed" is often between gears. i also feel that the belt will be easier to maintain in the long term than a clutch pack change.
but the manual is a little handier on steep ups and downs, but that doesn't mean the CVT is unsafe. just not quite as handy.

there are real pros and cons to either, but it is not so one sided as some would make it out to (moto)

monty

Old 12-02-2006 | 06:49 PM
Pro Rider
Default cvt vs, manual

pretty much the only reason I have any sort of auto is so my wife can take it for a spin now and then. won't make that mistake again.

Old 12-02-2006 | 08:18 PM
|
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Default cvt vs, manual

how did i guess you would chime in w/ a small dig of your own well done

Old 12-02-2006 | 09:23 PM
Pro Rider
Default cvt vs, manual

ah come on now instigater.. would only own automatic. now is that being open minded?? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-07-2006 | 12:36 PM
Pro Rider
Default cvt vs, manual

Well me personaly i prefer my 5 speed because i have the fun of running through the 5 gears. My brother has a Kodiak 450 and i have a Foreman 500 so they are kinda close in size and power i guess and mine just feels more peppy going up trails and stuff, but hey my brother likes his auto trans. so i guess it is just what ever you like. One thing is both ours have HMF's on them and mine is a lot quieter due to mine running at a lower rpm most of the time so that is good for the sneeking around.

Old 12-07-2006 | 12:49 PM
Administrator¿
Resident Killer!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men". Willy Wonka: 1971
Cigars! Earth ne'eer did breed such a jovial weed.
A Tiger Doesn't Lose Sleep Over Opinions of Sheep
Default cvt vs, manual

lol, y'all are going to be experts on the subject befor its over. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I drag raced sleds for years with a belt, they can be dialed in real sweet. (take a look at my pics).

But I also love a standard, and thats what I run. What it all boils down to is I'm glad to get time to ride and I'll ride anything with any type tranny If thats what I have to ride when I get the time.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Want a good subject to talk about. I'm old school and have no use for reverse, never owned one probably never will.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: cvt vs, manual