Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

GRIZZ DIFFS?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2006, 10:04 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GRIZZ DIFFS?

hay as you can see. i have a o3 grizz. i asked this on the yamaha forum. but never get much in replies. i have been getting water in my diffs since new. the front was worse. ive rebuilt two of them. and ive replaced both with new. so now the new ones i put in. got water in them. this is riding in deep mud and water. the vent tubes are fine..so the new ones i put in did the same thing. the ones i resealed did the same thing. so new. used resealed do the same thing. i have checked and double checked. so i have new and spares setting on the shelf. but both do the same thing. any time im bogging or in deep water. when i get back i have to change fluids. everytime.. so does any one else out there with a grizz that rides in deep mud and water have this problem. i really want to know if other grizzos do this. or for some reason if its just mine.. i really think its coming thru the axle seals. the case halfs are sealed fine. im lost. so far i just change fluid. but you would think. brand new units from the dealer would not do this. but they do... any help would be great.i cant believe im the only grizz out there with this.. but who knows... there now. this is a serious post... thanks

Old 12-02-2006, 10:09 PM
Pro Rider
Default GRIZZ DIFFS?

Could be because its belt drive... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-02-2006, 10:15 PM
Pro Rider
Default GRIZZ DIFFS?

might wanna try a gear driven eiger! iv been told there good.

Old 12-02-2006, 10:31 PM
Pro Rider
Default GRIZZ DIFFS?

hay ur right. my poor grizz. wouldnt u think there is another grizzly rider here that boggs and has this problem. but yet no one has replied.. i guess there are no grizz owners out there that mud run and get in water.. i just live with it. but thought id try to get some normal posting on here. thanks for replies it makes me feel good that someone cares[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

maybe ill get titanium diffs.. he he

Old 12-02-2006, 10:51 PM
Pro Rider
Default GRIZZ DIFFS?

Try a Polaris, they are the best. You can't hang with them.

Old 12-02-2006, 11:34 PM
Pro Rider
Default GRIZZ DIFFS?

Originally posted by: FITSofRAGE
hay as you can see. i have a o3 grizz. i asked this on the yamaha forum. but never get much in replies. i have been getting water in my diffs since new. the front was worse. ive rebuilt two of them. and ive replaced both with new. so now the new ones i put in. got water in them. this is riding in deep mud and water. the vent tubes are fine..so the new ones i put in did the same thing. the ones i resealed did the same thing. so new. used resealed do the same thing. i have checked and double checked. so i have new and spares setting on the shelf. but both do the same thing. any time im bogging or in deep water. when i get back i have to change fluids. everytime.. so does any one else out there with a grizz that rides in deep mud and water have this problem. i really want to know if other grizzos do this. or for some reason if its just mine.. i really think its coming thru the axle seals. the case halfs are sealed fine. im lost. so far i just change fluid. but you would think. brand new units from the dealer would not do this. but they do... any help would be great.i cant believe im the only grizz out there with this.. but who knows... there now. this is a serious post... thanks
It's not a Grizz thing it happens because the when you go into or under the water the oil is hot and the water is cold it's vacuum. I would recheck the vent tubs take the filler pug out and blow compressed air though the vent tubs and make sure the air comes out the filler hole. If this doesn't fix it them you have to chang oil more often.

Old 12-02-2006, 11:42 PM
Pro Rider
Default GRIZZ DIFFS?

so far my vents are fine. i change fluid everyride that im in water. thanks for the input. i see instigater had a moto post..he never checks his. bet they are full of water. he he. ill ignore his post though. what post.. yes that right[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] thats why his is on stands right now he he. ooops im ignoring.. man what a friend what a friend. trying to get help. and you rag my grizz. what friend..

Old 12-02-2006, 11:52 PM
Pro Rider
Default GRIZZ DIFFS?

Mine is on stands, because it is a mans quad, It is too big for a measily atv jack!

Old 12-02-2006, 11:56 PM
Pro Rider
Default GRIZZ DIFFS?

its on stands because its broke. its broke. what is the saws all and grinder for. its broke.. oh no no no. im ignoring u..im not bashing your atv. ive got to learn to maintain.. may as well start with my big friend.. man u got this stuff from motor didnt u??? mine is ready to go. lets go ride tomorrow.. wana come and ride there popo. he he he he. remember im ignoring u...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 12-02-2006, 11:59 PM
Pro Rider
Default GRIZZ DIFFS?

Ignore this, Lets hook them up back to back in a mudhole of your choice, and "DROP THE HAMMER!"

Quick Reply: GRIZZ DIFFS?