Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

ATV Magazine / Polaris DVD

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2006, 01:20 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ATV Magazine / Polaris DVD

Has anyone watched this yet? It compares Polaris quads to everyone else. Of course, the tests are tailored around the strengths of a Polaris.

Old 12-09-2006, 02:49 PM
Range Rover

Yes I watched it. Noticed it was tailered special for the Polaris's too. Reminded me of BRP's early in the morning advertising half hour deal that used to be on T.V.

Old 12-09-2006, 07:47 PM
Pro Rider

I know alot of the guys who help put those videos on. I can say that nothing on the video is rigged or edited and all the machines are set to factory specs. I will agree that it will be taylored to the strengths of polaris. But it is neat that I can say that they do keep it honest to what they show. That's my half nickel's worth on it all

Old 12-09-2006, 07:51 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

which video is that?

Old 12-10-2006, 11:35 AM
Pro Rider

It's a DVD that comes with the new ATV Magazine.

Old 12-10-2006, 12:51 PM
Pro Rider

I watched part of that DVD and will use it for target practice. I admit that the comparisons were favored more toward the Polaris and rightly so.
I wasted 20 mins on that thing....20 mins I'll never get back.

Old 12-10-2006, 01:57 PM
Pro Rider
Sound advice there. "Hey, watch this........"
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I saw that Polaris dvd - it made it pretty clear that polaris is the best on earth.

Watched a BRP video a while back - it made it pretty clear that BRP is the best on earth.

Haven't watched a Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Eton, SunL, Meerkat, etc...........video but I have no doubt that each respective one will conclude that THEY are the best on earth.

Even if a multi-manufacturer test is done by a totally unbiased source it is very easy to pick and choose your preferred brand as the clear cut winner simply with a little creative editing and choosing what parts to highlight and what parts to ignore. If the "test" is organized by a particular manufacturer it's a slam-dunk to spin things your way.

I look at those videos much like a regular printed ad - they do give some basic information but certainly not the whole story.

Jaybee

Old 12-10-2006, 08:59 PM
Pro Rider

I watched it as well, and I am a big Polaris fan, but you do get a little sick of Polaris breaking their arm to pat themselves on the back.

Old 12-10-2006, 10:28 PM
Pro Rider

Wow. Why get so worked up over an add? It's just an advertisement. All brands do it. If this marketing ploy helps convince 50 people to buy Polaris then it has worked. Bomber and Polaris use this ploy the most and for good reason. Sales seem to increase to there product after the release. Is it all because of the infomercial? Who knows. But as long as numbers show positive then they will keep it up and look for other brands to follow.

Old 12-11-2006, 02:24 PM
Pro Rider
Is always changing bikes.

i just liked the fact that the only class they had an outlander in was the 800 class......they do make 400,500 and 650's too where were they?

Quick Reply: ATV Magazine / Polaris DVD