Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

VIDEO VIDEO!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2006, 12:48 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default VIDEO VIDEO!!

we've got a couple of holes like that up here that e call the bottomless bits w/ no bottoms and no mater what you drive you just go deeper.

Old 12-25-2006, 01:47 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VIDEO VIDEO!!

thats true. u would have to have some amphibious vehicle to get thru that one hole. something that would not sink. i dont care how big or bad it is. if u churn the slop out from under the wheels. then the old belly just sets on top. i was looking at it yesterday the 24th. the big divet is still in there. u cant even walk thru it. yuk[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-25-2006, 02:27 PM
Pro Rider
Default VIDEO VIDEO!!

Bah. I could have pulled him out [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I have pulled two quads at once out of holes like that.

This is of course, a lie.

I have pulled two quads out at once...but not out of anything like that. That is one hell of a hole. Don't get mud pits like that up in my neck of the woods. And that really looked like a cement-mud hybrid. Good footage. You need a helmet cam Fits.

Old 12-25-2006, 02:38 PM
Pro Rider
Default VIDEO VIDEO!!

yes im on the prowl for a helmet cam. that is my next venture. new cam.and new recording device.. this is fun. and then u can share it with everyone. and keep these muddy memories forever..[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] thanks by the way.. oh by the way. i like the.. let the cummins roar deal.. ive had two. and love them to death. u can get big power out of the cummins.. nice trucks

Old 12-25-2006, 03:02 PM
Pro Rider
Default VIDEO VIDEO!!

Yep. They are great trucks. I have had:

1. 7.3 L Powerstroke 2000 F-250
2. 7.3 L Powerstroke 2002 F-350
3. Cummins 600 (04 Ram 2500)
4. Cummins 5.9 (02 Ram 2500 current rig)

So yeah. I had the quiet diesel. I traded it for a noisy one [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Although the power on that 600 is most impressive. When I stomped on her she really took off and left a nice black cloud of smoke too. But the gas milage on the 5.9 is way better and has plenty of power for me. Plus I like the sound and I like the smell. The trucks that are out now with 650 lbs of torque per foot are just nuts. Well, at least for me. I can't justify one of those. Comes a point where power becomes impractical for average use. It's more than a person needs.

Old 12-25-2006, 03:07 PM
Pro Rider
Default VIDEO VIDEO!!

i had a 94 kept it 11 years. had some work done to it. was a stick. it ran and pulled really well.. truck looked as nice when i got rid of it. i dont drive them in the winter here. i got beaters for that. now ive got a 05 3500. bully dog. filter and exhaust.. automatic. so far so good. it has 4:10 gears. best mileage is about 16. tops. but it is loaded. pulls really nice. took some time getting used to the auto versus the stick.. but i like the luxory of the auto i guess. always wanted a four door truck with 8 ft bed. now ive got it. and i have to keep it another 11 years. i cant afford these things every four or five years. any how. u got to love those diesels.. too bad fuel went so high for them.. another scam. diesel higher then gas. what a joke

Old 12-25-2006, 03:53 PM
Pro Rider
Default VIDEO VIDEO!!

Ahh. Yes. I bet that is one nice rig. My 04 got pretty much the same mileage...around 17. I get 22 on average with the 02. Again, not as much power, but I don't need it really. The only thing I tow around is my ATVs.

Yes. Price of diesel is a joke. Now that the elections are over I see the price is going back up again too. It's $3.00 a gallon again here in Idaho. Some people say it is the holidays. That they raise it every holiday. Maybe thats it. I don't know. All I know is it is funny that the price of crude drops but they keep those gas prices right up there. We have some stations around here offering bio diesel. But it costs a little more and I think you need to make some changes before you can use bio.

Old 12-25-2006, 04:06 PM
Pro Rider
Default VIDEO VIDEO!!

bio. ive been contimplating that. u can make it urself. and depending on the way its made. u dont need any changes. u can poor bio right in and run it. and u can make it for like 70 cents a gallon. there are many people doing it now. i think it is a crock too. that bio is more than diesel. yet another butt jam. to make bio for ur own use would be the way to go. i hear once u get that nack of making it down. its not that hard. ive got a really good book on how to make it. and what to get to start making it.. the book is called. from the frier to the tank. seems very complete. this again will be one of my projects comeing in the future. yea our gov. is really butjamming us on fuel. these oil companys are giveing us the mighty screws[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] theres no reason for diesel to be over 2 bucks a gallon. but think about it.. trains use it, semis use it, ships use it, small trucks use it, any thing that is used to deliver our commodeties. so im sure they figure why not. everyone needs it. so lets raise it to ludikrus prices. heck even planes use a form of diesel.. theyve got us where they want us. butt jammed[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 12-25-2006, 05:32 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default VIDEO VIDEO!!

yea but you should feel the power of my 60 series detriot. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] oops you were talking about small trucks huh. lol. i thought about a helmet cam but since i dont wear one it wouldnt stay on very good. but it would get aweful muddy.

Old 12-26-2006, 01:44 AM
Pro Rider
Default VIDEO VIDEO!!

I know a couple of guys that had a good thing going running their diesel trucks on fryer grease from various restaurants in their areas. Their converted it into bio-diesel and ran it in their big turbodiesel pickup trucks and were able to run them extremely cheap. The problem came when everyone else caught on to the thing and the used fryer oil became a hot commodity pardon the pun. It was somewhat valuable now. The supply dried up and much of it was being bought up by bulk buyers which was sold to companies that in turn sold to commercial bio-diesel and some was actually refined into various consumer items and lubricants as I understand. In other words, the days where you could run your truck on used french fry grease is either gone or rapidly approaching it's end. Now if you can start refining your own from soybeans or other biomatter in a shed out back for below market diesel price you'll have something.

Quick Reply: VIDEO VIDEO!!